Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could bring it to Bridgestone U for you to give it a try.

Yes, that would definitely work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shop near me has a few slightly used Ping G30 5woods. My wallet is already quivering...

It's a good thing I don't live there! I'd be regripping it now.

The Heavenwood goes up against the J40 4W tomorrow for the ultimate showdown. If it passes that test, it comes home with me.

I think the HW should compliment the 4W quite nicely! If I needed another spot in my bag, I could game that setup. Bridgestone does make some money FWs. The new line will be interesting for sure.

It's a good thing I don't live there! I'd be regripping it now.

I think the HW should compliment the 4W quite nicely! If I needed another spot in my bag, I could game that setup. Bridgestone does make some money FWs. The new line will be interesting for sure.

The thing that intrigues me about the HW is that because of the loft, it has similar functionality to a hybrid but I find it much more forgiving with easier distance.

My unusual set up with two 4W's recently has worked out because the J40 is more versatile for me (out of rough, etc.) while the G25 is more of a mini driver for me. The HW seems to fit a distance gap I have much better from what I've seen and really is immensely forgiving, so I'd almost treat it as my second hybrid, then see if the J15 gives me the same distance off the tee as the G25 and hope it performs the same off the deck as the J40.

How does the HW perform out of rough?

The thing that intrigues me about the HW is that because of the loft, it has similar functionality to a hybrid but I find it much more forgiving with easier distance.

My unusual set up with two 4W's recently has worked out because the J40 is more versatile for me (out of rough, etc.) while the G25 is more of a mini driver for me. The HW seems to fit a distance gap I have much better from what I've seen and really is immensely forgiving, so I'd almost treat it as my second hybrid, then see if the J15 gives me the same distance off the tee as the G25 and hope it performs the same off the deck as the J40.

That sole is tremendous out of the rough in my experience.

Didn't even notice your sig there. Makes sense. The HW has performed well out of the rough for me. Agreed on the versatility. Interesting how gapping shakes out for folks as it covers the yardage of the J40 3H & 4H for me. Not quite 5W distance, but I could manage in a pinch with the 3W/HW combo.

When will lamkin release the utx cords that come stock on the srixons??? I need more of those in my life

When will lamkin release the utx cords that come stock on the srixons??? I need more of those in my life

Hoping the all red release with the Green/Yellow we know are coming this release cycle. More colors in that line would be AWESOME!

Hoping the all red release with the Green/Yellow we know are coming this release cycle. More colors in that line would be AWESOME!
Yes indeed. Give me some red and green and I'll be regripping all my clubs!

Giant FGP

Pondering a srixon z745 A wedge.

Pondering a srixon z745 A wedge.

Did you get the rest of the set? Did I miss that?

Did you get the rest of the set? Did I miss that?

Haha yeah I have a set I picked up from a thper on a great deal. And the u45 20 and 23 from the bay. These are sexy!

RSi 2 with program iron shafts. Hit a couple 7i over 160 carry today!

I kinda want 545's.

Or another set of i20's.

I kinda want 545's.

Or another set of i20's.

The i20/25 are a set of irons I've always coveted. The 545 may be the only irons I've owned that have put a stop to that. Though... If we're talking stock shafts I like the CFS over DG.

The i20/25 are a set of irons I've always coveted. The 545 may be the only irons I've owned that have put a stop to that. Though... If we're talking stock shafts I like the CFS over DG.

I have long pondered those two as well....

545's are stuck in my craw. I just with I could try a set for more than just a session or a few swings.

I didnt know you got rid of those i20s?! You loved those things.

Yep. I did, with a passion. But, I was also hoarding, and hoarding is bad unless its putters.

Suddenly I'm pondering a 588 cb/mb combo set....

Pondering putters today.

Odyssey works #1W. The 2Ball Fang & the V-Line are kind of growing on me though.
Seemore PR mFGP2 Tri-Sole.
PING Ketsch. Rolled this one again in GS and it just works. Never would have expected it, but it really can't be denied...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back