Official Golfing Weather Thread

snow flurries.... gotta love the random cold fronts when the brain has unthawed from winter and is ready to be outside.

We are going through our yearly weather turnover right now. The last couple of weeks I have been playing/practicing in the 60*-80" degree range. Mostly with some wind.

Yesterday, and today it's very windy, with highs in low 50s, and some rain in the forecast. Chill factor will put it in the high 40s.

Next week it goes back up to the 70s, and 80s. We should hit our first 100 degree day in about 3-4 weeks.

I just might take today off from hitting golf balls.

It's colder today than it's supposed to be, I'm not happy, I may have to swap shorts for pants if it doesn't figure it out

Course closed from Thursday until tomorrow at the earliest. Even for Scotland the weather has been bubonic.

Horizontal rain with 40-70mph gusts.

Was low 50s, very windy, and carts on path for my weekend round. With that amount of wind it felt colder but still managed to have fun

Anyone golfing during the eclipse today?

Just managed 18 there. Drizzle and breezy, 11°c. Muddy underfoot. Almost every decent shot punished in some way or another.

Warmest day of the year so far. Stuck in work. Rain forecasted each of the next three days with heavy rain on Friday. Colder wearther for the weekend. Start of my season may not be this weekend as I once hoped. There's always the Masters to watch.

snow flurries.... gotta love the random cold fronts when the brain has unthawed from winter and is ready to be outside.

Weather has been terrible here for the last three weeks. Currently second day of three consecutive days of rain. I’m just hoping and waiting for the golf season to open.

And when it does open we will be playing in mud.

Weather has been terrible here for the last three weeks. Currently second day of three consecutive days of rain. I’m just hoping and waiting for the golf season to open.

And when it does open we will be playing in mud.
More tornado warnings here. Means flooding in the valleys. All mud for another month here

Boat Fail GIF by Western Illinois University

Third consecutive day of rain today. Going to get about an inch of it today. At least it’s not snow or ice as we have experienced in the last few weeks here.

I just want golf season to open for me. Fortunately it’s supposed to be in the 70s next week, so that’s promising. Whatever it takes to dry up the course, because playing in wet, muddy conditions is not a favorite of mine.

Tomorrow my tour event is expecting 25 mph winds 😆

Managed 18 last night after work, but finished work at 3pm. Breezy and 13°c, great conditions albeit still wet underfoot. Hitting the ball far better than before. Wet and 9°c tomorrow. Not feeling great so might give it a miss.

Back