Official Golfing Weather Thread

A big cold front here according to the TV weather woman this morning. :LOL:

20BE77B6-DB7D-4128-86C0-0B7E066AA86C.jpeg

Our week here starts off solid and then goes downhill from there.

Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 6.42.36 AM.png

1706535895171.png
After getting over 8 inches of rain last week, this looks at least a little more promising.

Temp wasn’t supposed to drop below 34 last night. It hit 24 degrees. No frost but won’t be above freezing will after 9am. Round cancelled. 200 short wedges today in the yard.

Once again we dodged the rain on Sunday morning. It started up in the afternoon and hasn’t stopped much in nearly 24 hours.

606735925cf41dcc3fce0da1e072c000.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rain. Lots of rain. Was going to play and suck it up for the last 6-9 holds but storm came in about 4 hours early this morning so I wimped out.

Was 43 degrees this afternoon when I started the round and 38 when I finished. Was fun to walk 18 but it wasn't the best round. I need the warm weather to return soon!!
20240217_173611.jpg

Hopefully the last day of winter in DFW. It’s 27* this am and should be up to 44* when we tee off at 11. The air is really dry and the weatherman (obviously a golfer) said there shouldn’t be any frost this am. It’ll get up to 54 with sunny skies and (rare) near calm conditions. I’ll take that over the 68* and 30 mph winds we usually have in the spring.

Last freezing temp in 14 day forecast. It’ll be up to 80 on Wednesday.

Wednesday looks good for 9Screenshot_20240218_090148_Weather.jpg

I grew up in Louisville, Kentucky, where winters are certainly not as harsh as other places, but the humidity all year round makes it more uncomfortable than the temperature. I used to think of golf as a seasonal sport, something I couldn't do 4-5 months a year. I have simply never tolerated cold very well.

I'm always amazed by you folks who can happily play in freezing weather. I have to bundle up too much to swing when it dips below 60 degrees.

50 on Tuesday and 56 on Wednesday! There are not a lot of great courses open yet but the local goat track will work for February.

I grew up in Louisville, Kentucky, where winters are certainly not as harsh as other places, but the humidity all year round makes it more uncomfortable than the temperature. I used to think of golf as a seasonal sport, something I couldn't do 4-5 months a year. I have simply never tolerated cold very well.

I'm always amazed by you folks who can happily play in freezing weather. I have to bundle up too much to swing when it dips below 60 degrees.
You're not talking about me are you ? 😀

Was originally forecasted to be mid to upper 50s tomorrow. Now I'll be lucky to see 50 and will likely be upper 30s when I tee off. Going to play and enjoy it regardless!!

Flood watch today. I had a tee time, but I am not going out in this weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a really nice round today.. was upper 30s when we teed off and 50 when we finished without too much wind

Tee time got pushed this morning due to frost delay so I’m not teeing off until 10:50. But it’s already warmed up to 54 and should be 64 by the time I tee off and might scare 70 this afternoon.

Looks like we will see upper 60s later this week.. i need to find a way to get out!!

We have a light snowpack this year which, although good for an early golf season, can be bad for summer water availability and wildfires. In the 10-day forest, I am seeing highs in the 40's and even a 50 something here and there. I think we're maybe 2 weeks from the first local course opening. My golf time this season will continue to be limited, but I plan to maximize the fun when I can get out.

IMG_1856.jpeg

Knew it was coming after the nice weather last weekend.

55 and rain all today
38 with snow tomorrow

On a positive note, Tuesday and Wednesday are back to back 60 and sunny so we will be hitting golf balls outside one way or another

We are enjoying our first winter in FL as empty nesters. Our March weather looks very normal with the average high being 80° this time of year. We will return to Minnesota when things heat up here in May.

IMG_0351.jpeg

We are enjoying our first winter in FL as empty nesters. Our March weather looks very normal with the average high being 80° this time of year. We will return to Minnesota when things heat up here in May.

View attachment 9247414
Perfect golf weather

Perfect golf weather
Heat index is forecasted to be 89 so today maybe too hot for golf for my MN blood. It’s easy to tell when it’s humid here as the high dew point shows up like rain on our windows in the morning. :LOL: IMG_4640.jpeg

Heat index is forecasted to be 89 so today maybe too hot for golf for my MN blood. It’s easy to tell when it’s humid here as the high dew point shows up like rain on our windows in the morning. :LOL: View attachment 9247419
89° in March is warm for us northerners 😉

Nothing like checking the weather every hour to see if the rain that's forecast to come in on the back 9 may come a little bit later.

Nobody wants to pull the trigger on cancelling unless we absolutely have to, lol

Back