Official Jon Rahm thread

He said nothing false though.
I struggle with the growth to the sport part that gets tossed around. But alas, I don't care. Rahm going there doesn't change my opinion of LIV.

Welcome aboard Jon!
IMG_1432.png

“I am proud to join LIV Golf and be part of something new that is bringing growth to the sport,” said Rahm. “I have no doubt that this is a great opportunity for me and my family and am very excited for the future.”

Just say I grabbed the money.
Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

They get rid of the stupid logos when there is a team Callaway and this gets a lot more interesting. Other OEMs will jump in

I struggle with the growth to the sport part that gets tossed around. But alas, I don't care. Rahm going there doesn't change my opinion of LIV.
I don’t disagree on the growth part. But….

Im not gonna lie. Im on the to hell with Monahan train so this is exciting to me.

I don’t disagree on the growth part. But….

Im not gonna lie. Im on the to hell with Monahan train so this is exciting to me.
The Rahm news is exciting but the idea of Callaway getting on board (if true) would be the big news

This signing makes me sad as the LIV team format to me has not interested me since Day 1 and their broadcast production over the past 2 years has been a joke in my opinion although I have probably at most only watched 30 minutes total. Will I watch more LIV, I highly doubt it. Just wait for the majors to get my feed of Rahm.

I don’t blame Rahm by taking the money but I also see it as a strong last minute bargaining ploy by the Saudis to get the deal signed, or else.

I wonder if the DP Tour caved and will allow him to play in future Ryder Cups, my guess is yes, similar to the US team allowing Koepka to play.

The next 2 weeks could be pretty exciting behind closed doors at PGA HQ.

This signing makes me sad as the LIV team format to me has not interested me since Day 1 and their broadcast production over the past 2 years has been a joke in my opinion although I have probably at most only watched 30 minutes total. Will I watch more LIV, I highly doubt it. Just wait for the majors to get my feed of Rahm.

I don’t blame Rahm by taking the money but I also see it as a strong last minute bargaining ploy by the Saudis to get the deal signed, or else.

I wonder if the DP Tour caved and will allow him to play in future Ryder Cups, my guess is yes, similar to the US team allowing Koepka to play.

The next 2 weeks could be pretty exciting behind closed doors at PGA HQ.
Concessions were made to Rahm about format. My guess is that they will play for 4 days instead of 3. This would open up more Points in world rankings regardless of cut like the Hero

I don't see what the big deal is. Sure he wanted the money, like everyone. Let me know if Jay turns down a pay increase when he becomes CEO of the new entity. I have a spoiler alert for you....

LIV becomes a bit more watchable, the majors stay the same....the merger is more likely

LIV will be killed in 3 years and everyone will be back together again.

“I am proud to join LIV Golf and be part of something new that is bringing growth to the sport,” said Rahm. “I have no doubt that this is a great opportunity for me and my family and am very excited for the future.”

Grow golf my ass.

Bye Rahm, I’ll only see you in the majors now!

Not a LIV fan and never will be.

Rahm bailed for the bucks. Who wouldnt at this point? The tour has muddied the waters so much only carp could like it.

He only went for the money, nothing else, so why post a BS commnet. Golf will not grow with LIV it will be a sideshow for a few years.

It's fun to watch LIV players get beat when they play the majors. See yah Rahm, ya bum.

Money talks, always!

ESPN executives are probably on the phone with Greg now trying to get a broadcasting deal after TGL collapsed.

Your move, Monahan Callaway. Things just got very interesting.

Can’t say I’m more likely to follow LIV with Rahm, but it’s a step in that direction.

Your move, Monahan Callaway. Things just got very interesting.

Can’t say I’m more likely to follow LIV with Rahm, but it’s a step in that direction.
The Callaway part is the most interesting

Kinda cool. I am not sure about the grow the game part but you have to say it and you can’t say no to that money.

Seve rolling in his grave 🥲

LIV just doesn't interest me. I get this and at the same time I don't get it. At some point these two tours have to merge, no? And it seems like Monahan really screwed this one up.

The Rahm news is exciting but the idea of Callaway getting on board (if true) would be the big news
I think this would open so many doors and honestly might have e big factor in the ball rollback not happening for LIV since they aren’t under USGA.

Kinda cool. I am not sure about the grow the game part but you have to say it and you can’t say no to that money.

I know people (not necessarily you) want him to say he just went for the money....but i'm sure LIV does not want him to say that LOL

hence the marketing BS.

If someone gives you 300M and says "in your press conference just say you want to grow the game please"

Yes, sir!

I think this would open so many doors and honestly might have e big factor in the ball rollback not happening for LIV since they aren’t under USGA.
They’re not? I think they play by those rules

Money talks, always!
It sure does! Monahan took the money and told all the players they weren’t as important as he led them to believe. All bets were off at that point.

Back