Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.

Too bad the Suns aren't still the Dodgers AA team... this guy Stanton is a HR hitting machine!
It sounds like the Marlins are going to call him up soon.

Yep.

Too bad the Suns aren't still the Dodgers AA team... this guy Stanton is a HR hitting machine!

No.

Really? How can you say no when it looks pretty obvious lol just sayin. I watched that video 10 times. Looks pretty clear, lined it up, juiced up and let it have it. haha

Really? How can you say no when it looks pretty obvious lol just sayin. I watched that video 10 times. Looks pretty clear, lined it up, juiced up and let it have it. haha

I'm saying no because MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL said no.
Pitchers will often spin the ball in their hands and inspect it to make sure there is no scuffs, etc. before pitching. He spat PAST the ball, not ONTO the ball.

I'm saying no because MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL said no.
Pitchers will often spin the ball in their hands and inspect it to make sure there is no scuffs, etc. before pitching. He spat PAST the ball, not ONTO the ball.

Yeah, the organization that brought us a tie.
The organization that allowed drug use with no testing
Yeah, they should be the voice of reason for sure.

Official MLB Baseball Thread

JB said:
And the Organization that is led by someone who has a controlling interest in one of the teams....Brewers of all teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm late to the party but how about that granny off Rivera yesterday?

Couldn't have happened against a better team. :act-up:

You need to read my posts. I never said it was not good. In fact I said on numerous occasions it was VERY good. BUt I dont believe he is one of hte best ever in teh post season. I also believe that where he played, played a larger role in the thoughts of his success.

I think what it comes down to is Fan is short for Fanatic. People will defend "their" team to the end and feel insulted if people dont agree. In this case they assume its Yankee hating. At the same time anytime a fan points out Yankee hating, it si really the exact same thing they are doing just a complete 180. Bias is bias no matter which way it goes. My points about Druggy P, had nothing to do with the Yankees.

You are getting too forgetful JB.. you are too young to be forgetting stff you type hehehehe

wow, i dangled some yankee bait and none of the die hards bit. i guess i made a good point.

Yes Yankee fans, just like fans of other teams will support their team when bashing is done merely cause of who the team is. With the Yankees is it always the same BS, "Yankees are the single reason baseball sucks because then spend so much money" blah blah blah. SOrry I could not respond sooner TC I just got back from NYC where I was drinking the kool-aid.

Cmon TGM, you should know that you cant say anything bad. That would make you a hater. You either have to love them or not talk about them. haha

Man you are really starting to sound like Nikegolf!!! Cut it out!!

I'm late to the party but how about that granny off Rivera yesterday?

Couldn't have happened against a better team. :act-up:

Well it did happen to the Twins in the same series...I think that was better.. :act-up:

[/B]

You are getting too forgetful JB.. you are too young to be forgetting stff you type hehehehe

I never said a thing about money in the last few pages. Yes Yankee fans, just like fans of other teams will support their team when bashing is done merely cause of who the team is. With the Yankees is it always the same BS, "Yankees are the single reason baseball sucks because then spend so much money" blah blah blah. SOrry I could not respond sooner TC I just got back from NYC where I was drinking the kool-aid.

Man you are really starting to sound like Nikegolf!!! Cut it out!!

Well it did happen to the Twins in the same series...I think that was better.. :act-up:

You should try keeping my thoughts in context. It makes more sense that way. I forgot, i better let this go. The poor Yankee fans might start complaining again. I just love how if someone has a different point of view on a player it must be because they dislike a team. It makes no sense. As for sounding like another forum member....I think you need to check again. Standing behind a guy when he lies and cheats seems a little similar does it not?

I have a problem with liars and dishonesty. That is it!!!! Apparently some only have that problem when it is not on "their team".

rhino, do you have you horn down and you're kicking up some dirt, ready to charge? i think it should be ok for me to express my opinion concerning players who failed drug tests. why is it that we can strip medals from olympians for drug cheating yet guys like pettitte and a-rod still get to play? you have to admit, there's something wrong with that. i understand being a loyal fan and that's fine, but all i was saying is that these guys broke the rules, they shouldn't even be playing professional sports. they had their chance and blew it. what if you failed a drug test at work? i dare say you'd lose your job. just trying to put things into perspective. take the black and white pinstripe blinders off for a second and try to understand someone elses perspective.

Regardless, without them...NOTHING would be here right now in terms of baseball.

rhino, do you have you horn down and you're kicking up some dirt, ready to charge? i think it should be ok for me to express my opinion concerning players who failed drug tests. why is it that we can strip medals from olympians for drug cheating yet guys like pettitte and a-rod still get to play? you have to admit, there's something wrong with that. i understand being a loyal fan and that's fine, but all i was saying is that these guys broke the rules, they shouldn't even be playing professional sports. they had their chance and blew it. what if you failed a drug test at work? i dare say you'd lose your job. just trying to put things into perspective. take the black and white pinstripe blinders off for a second and try to understand someone elses perspective.

I'm one of the VERY few in saying this...but...

I didn't mind steroid use that much. Yes, it's cheating, and no I don't condone it.

But it made the game a lot more enjoyable to a lot of fans out there, myself included. The epic duel between Sosa and McGwire... Bonds hitting everything in sight...

Am I glad that MOST of it is over? Yes. But asides from records being broken by cheaters, I didn't mind it that much.

I'm one of the VERY few in saying this...but...

I didn't mind steroid use that much. Yes, it's cheating, and no I don't condone it.

But it made the game a lot more enjoyable to a lot of fans out there, myself included. The epic duel between Sosa and McGwire... Bonds hitting everything in sight...

Am I glad that MOST of it is over? Yes. But asides from records being broken by cheaters, I didn't mind it that much.

No, that's not a big deal at all. And now the guys who played it straight are out of the record books. No big deal at all and nothing to mind that much.

Also how many games were won by these guys who cheated? Perhaps other teams should have made the playoffs/ series but they didn't because they lost games on account of these cheaters.

No, that's not a big deal at all. And now the guys who played it straight are out of the record books. No big deal at all and nothing to mind that much.

That would be why I said aside from. And I'm sure it'll all be sorted out.

I'm being crucified for everything I say in this thread. Hate towards Yankees fans is hilarious.

I'm being crucified for everything I say in this thread. Hate towards Yankees fans is hilarious.

I actually added some to my post.

And it wan't only the Yankees who used PED's. This is about anyone who did, especially after the rules were changed.

And that epic duel between McGwire and Sosa? Turns out it was all a big sham.

it's not hatred at all, rather your willingness to defend ILLEGAL actions. i'm a wee bit shocked that you don't mind steroid use and i really could care less who's a yankee fan or not. again, from me, this is not about the yankees but about rule breakers and cheaters.

I actually added some to my post.

And it wan't only the Yankees who used PED's. This is about anyone who did, especially after the rules were changed.

And that epic duel between McGwire and Sosa? Turns out it was all a big sham.

You got that right. It is not Yankees or any other team. It was players that did this. With that being said, TWO players that were caught cheating are still active players on the Yankees. That says plenty to me.

You got that right. It is not Yankees or any other team. It was players that did this. With that being said, TWO players that were caught cheating are still active players on the Yankees. That says plenty to me.

A-Rod was caught using steroids when with the Rangers, not the Yankees.

Ortiz and Ramirez are bigger deals...seeing how they practically carried the entire Red Sox team for their two championships...and they were pretty much caught a few years later.

Floppy, I don't think this is going to help your argument. :smile-big:

Ortiz and Ramirez are bigger deals...seeing how they practically carried the entire Red Sox team for their two championships...and they were pretty much caught a few years later.

he wasn't caught when he was a ranger, he used when he was a ranger, yet he may be the most popular yankee now.

he wasn't caught when he was a ranger, he used when he was a ranger, yet he may be the most popular yankee now.

He was caught using with the Rangers, the evidence was leaked when he was with the Yankees.

And he's not even the best Yankee. Who cares about popularity.

You’re right TC. I forgot that was the case. My point to Floppy was if he was caught while with the Rangers as Floppy stated, the fact that the Yankees picked him up wouldn’t bode well for his case.

He was caught using with the Rangers, the evidence was leaked when he was with the Yankees.

And he's not even the best Yankee. Who cares about popularity.

maybe kids who look up to the guy?

I think these last few comments are a microcosm of the problem with MLB and most other professional sports, player’s unions. We are sitting here arguing when someone was caught, leaked, etc.; when as far as I am concerned the procedure should be instant disclosure of a professional athlete’s use of PEDs (after a second positive backup test).

So Floppy, if that is your argument, what is your argument for Andy? Or how about Clemens? Giambi? Some used when they were yankees! The fact that they are known cheaters and liars says it all for support. People bash others for supporting the same type of people in other sports or with other teams.

Floppy, you yourself have jumped on different athletes for their actions, yet when it is a favorite of yours, you give them a pass. Tiger, Pettite, A-Rod, Kobe, etc...Yet when it was Lawrence Taylor (despite not ahving the facts) you jumped all over him. Yet it appears there is a whole lot more to that story and perhaps many passed judgement without the facts.

Im not comparing any of these crimes or excusing any, but the facts are teh facts. These players cheated not just the fans, but the game that made them what they are. They cheated the legacy of the sport to do nothing more than get paid. These were crimes against baseball, but they were also CRIMES. Some of these drugs were/are illegal.

Fans always want it both ways. They want to crucify players that cheat until it is one of their own, and then they get a pass. How was what Manny did worse than what Pettitte did? They both took drugs to get better and stay on the field? How is one worse than the other? They are not! I have said it before, Pettitte is giving a pass by many because of where he plays and the fact that he is considered a nice guy. There is no other way around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back