Official NCAA Basketball Thread (Spoilers)

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Last edited:
Looking forward to March Madness!!! Does the ruling for USC basketball (not that I care) affect the rest of the season or is this starting next season?

Good thinking Smallville. I almost started one up a few weeks ago.

Looks like my Maryland Terps will once again be on the bubble come Tournament time unless they do something in ACC play. They didn't pick up any significant wins in the non-conference.

Nice work here smalls. Like cwill, i've kinda been waiting for this thread to get started. Although, i don't have much to say about things right now. Kansas looks unbeatable and certainly a favorite to cut down the nets.

Kinda sucks that i don't get to watch a whole lot of Big12 ball b/c the conference looks fairly well balanced this year.

so carolina loses to c of c! i guess this is what happens when i talk about how they're becoming a power house in college sports. oh god! we haven't even started acc play yet. gonna be a tough year.

so carolina loses to c of c! i guess this is what happens when i talk about how they're becoming a power house in college sports. oh god! we haven't even started acc play yet. gonna be a tough year.

Yeah they don't look quite as tough this year as they have been for the past 4 years or so. Duke doesn't look overpowering either, so the ACC could be up for grabs if another team plays well, but I still think it comes down to UNC or Duke. Maryland has a senior laden team, but they have been underachievers all 4 years, so I don't expect much to change this year.

I hope so MO! It would be nice not to have to wait 20 years between titles!

smalls, i'd be willing to put a little money on the fact that the titles coming your way this year. KU is simply dominant at about every position this year. I think that solid guard play is the key to making a run in the tournament, and if Collins stays healthy, there's no one better.

Yeah they don't look quite as tough this year as they have been for the past 4 years or so. Duke doesn't look overpowering either, so the ACC could be up for grabs if another team plays well, but I still think it comes down to UNC or Duke. Maryland has a senior laden team, but they have been underachievers all 4 years, so I don't expect much to change this year.

I agree, it seems like it always comes down to UNC or Duke. I'm over being mad at Roy Williams so I kind of like the Heels again, unless they are playing the Jayhawks.

i didn't think duke looked to tough either but they put a waxing on a pretty good clemson squad. Maryland will be ok b/c of vazquez but carolina is down right dissappointing this year. the back court is not good and that's key in the acc.

i didn't think duke looked to tough either but they put a waxing on a pretty good clemson squad. Maryland will be ok b/c of vazquez but carolina is down right dissappointing this year. the back court is not good and that's key in the acc.

Vasquez...don't get me started on him. It has been 4 years and I still can't decide whether he helps the team more, or not. When he is on, he is spectacular, for example the triple double against UNC last year. But other times, when he is cold, he is ice cold, and just fires up bricks and doesn't pass the ball. I love his fiery passion, but at times his decision making is suspect.

Vasquez...don't get me started on him. It has been 4 years and I still can't decide whether he helps the team more, or not. When he is on, he is spectacular, for example the triple double against UNC last year. But other times, when he is cold, he is ice cold, and just fires up bricks and doesn't pass the ball. I love his fiery passion, but at times his decision making is suspect.

That sounds a lot like Sherron Collins:banghead: He drives me crazy sometimes, other times I'm his biggest fan. LOL

Texas has more talent and depth this year than any team we have ever had. It should be a fun year.

Last edited:
Does anyone want to score a basket in this KU-Cornell game?

What a game. KU needs to get busy.

A 15-5 run puts KU up by 3. 2:30 to go.

Down by 1 with 49 seconds left.

OMG

Up by 2 and the fouling starts. 25 seconds.

Up by 3, Cornell ball, 15 seconds.

Breathing easier. 71-66 5.5 seconds, Cornell ball.

And that's the final score.

Breathing easier. 71-66 5.5 seconds, Cornell ball.

And that's the final score.

Final score is all that matters.

KSU has a tough Big XII opener playing Mizzou in Columbia. Never easy to win there. Hopefully, KSU will keep extending their winning streak. They've had the best results in non-conference years and look to be a lock for the NCAA tournament if they can continue playing well in conference.

Smallie, UK all the way. GO BIG BLUE! :D

Back