Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol. I may have stopped the blender with the odd noise. But I may not have. I've never been the most observant of the obvious though. There was a 6 foot hole in my parents wall that I didn't notice for 4 days lol.

To brighten up the mood a bit guys...

I just tried to make a milkshake and accidently left a spoon in the blender the whole time. I was pouring it and a spoon fell into my glass all bent. I laughed so hard.

Hawk, I hope you aren't on Facebook, reading Taylormade's page right now. They announced The Morgan Cup, you should see some replies from some interweb idiots. I'm blasting fools.

Hawk, I hope you aren't on Facebook, reading Taylormade's page right now. They announced The Morgan Cup, you should see some replies from some interweb idiots. I'm blasting fools.

I saw that too, whats wrong with people?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

hawk, i hope you aren't on facebook, reading taylormade's page right now. They announced the morgan cup, you should see some replies from some interweb idiots. I'm blasting fools.

I dunno, you should see the guy I'm engaged with right now. it's quite comical actually.

Lol. I may have stopped the blender with the odd noise. But I may not have. I've never been the most observant of the obvious though. There was a 6 foot hole in my parents wall that I didn't notice for 4 days lol.

Hahha now THAT is funny!!

I dunno, you should see the guy I'm engaged with right now. it's quite comical actually.

Wow what a small world.. One of the kids posted on there "Can't you just give me free stuff" I golfed a round with him in Toronto for the Golf Town tournament. Weird....

I just checked TM's post and the comments; looks like "Scott" removed his offensive post TC. What did it say? You can PM if you don't want to post it here. Thanks.

You know what? I feel this is the only thread where I can really express my emotions without being supremely critisized because of the title. I KNOW I'm gonna speak for a bunch of the loyal members on here and am just gonna type what's going through my head right now. It's going to be blunt and may come off as selfish, greedy, or rude. It is in no way a stab at anyone specific but just something that is irking me the past few days and I even agree I am angry about it mainly for the loyal members and myself and for our benefit. I don't know what it is but something just doesn't seem right. And before you read on, it's about the Morgan Cup Contest.

I can spot out a great and loyal THP member when I see one. There are so many now it's hard to keep track. You guys are awesome, you participate in every thread, you make great and senseable posts. I get the thought flowing through my mind that you guys feel the same way I do, the feeling or thought of "Neat, there is a sweet contest on, but that's not what I'm here for, it's a bonus." You guys are close, here often and have a different view about this forum. Maybe at one point when you first joined you were intrigued by a contest, but soon breed into a different type of member - a loyal one. You soon realize this place is a whole new adventure full of great people, great jokes and great discussions. You realize contests and winning free things isn't important anymore. Sure it's cool to win stuff but you aren't those types of joiners that jump on, enter a contest and piss off for days until the winners are announced or the next contest is brought up. Finishing my thesis, I probably left out some things but that is someone I describe as TRUE to THP.

A couple weeks ago, a great contest announcement appeared. All of us were excited and the promotion of it was just spectacular. The goal of this contest being just to bring some of us closer together in a different fashion, to make us feel something we've never felt before: Professionals. I'm just rambling on here now but what I am trying to say is I am just frustrated with the come and go'ers appearing on these forums because of this amazing event. It is no fault to THP, Callaway or Taylormade for this and I am loving the promotion, the hype and the attention it is getting but I just feel sometimes it can attract the wrong people. After Taylormade announced this contest on their facebook page the new membership just skyrocketed, which is great right? THP always welcomes new members and that's what we want but are they here to get to Florida nab some free clubs and gear and take off, or are they here for the members? Here for us and the discussion? It kind of pains me and makes me feel sorry for the guys who really put in a lot of time into this forum and contribute everything they know to help someone out, to brighten someones day, or to just flat out discuss to see a spot taken at this event by Jimmy Joe Random Dude who slammed down 489 posts in the Morgan Cup Thread by March 15th to be eligable to send the email. You get to the event and you wonder who this guy is, sure he has every right to be there, he won fair and square but do we really know him? Has he ever posted in the "3 Things We Don't Know About You Thread?" or the "What Did You Have For Dinner Thread?" In some different and unique way we've all gotten to know eachother and would be great to feel warm and comfortable to see someone your excited to meet at the event and someone who you truly know for contributing genuinly to this forum.

Guys, I just hope this isn't the case, for all you newer members just please, hear me out and become more of THP than the minimal. Do everything you can to become an active member get to know us we are great people and would love to get to know you. I know this forum isn't your life, but maybe some of us take it more seriously than others. We'd like to see you SHOW everyone else your not here just to nab some free stuff. It's a priveledge to have these opportunities given to us and can probably be taken away just as quick. PLEASE don't be a one hit wonder and leave as soon as you realize perhaps you didn't get your email in on time, or you didn't win that contest.

I'm just rambling away here and maybe I'm too quick to make assumptions, but It just shot straight to my head when I see a members first post in that Morgan Cup Contest Thread. It discourages me and I can get the sense that's all your here for. Again I apologize for the rudeness but am trying to be as polite and honestly my post is more of a beg than anything. I'll even admit maybe it is making me upset because you could possibly be taking the chance of a lifetime for someone who has been here for 1 or more years who really wants this. Sure it's selfish for me to say that but like all of us I would do anything I could to make it into that contest. I'm begging for you guys to make your first 500 posts your best. You do have every right to attend this contest as I do, I'm not trying to pull a seniority card on any of you but I just hope that you stick around, stay awhile and one day, you'll realize THP is something extremely different.

I apologize for my grammar and spelling, and I hope someone really takes a thorough look at this post. I probably missed a bunch of points on my mind, but I threw everything I got into this post and has probably been my longest and most heartfelt to date. For those who know me you know I'm not a d-bag and you KNOW I wouldn't post this just to be a jerk to the new people trying to join here for friendly conversation. If you knew me you'd know my posts always have some effort put into them when I sincerely mean something and wanted to explain how I feel. I hope nobody takes this the wrong way and understands what I'm truly trying to say. I'd like to get to know ALL of you newer members that were brought here by the contest. I wish the best of luck to all of you on March 15th. Have a great time on THP.

It's understandable Dent. There are always going to be people that come here for contests. I've seen quite a few folks that joined months ago show up in the last couple days because of the Kingdom contest and it's frustrating, but it happens. In the end, we will get some new great members and some folks will disappear (and maybe reappear). I hope that people enjoy their time here and jump in on the fun :)

A Canadian being blunt? Oh my goodness, you apologized, but say excuse me right now!

Good post though. I'm still a newb, so hopefully poeple don't think I'm a flake too!

A Canadian being blunt? Oh my goodness, you apologized, but say excuse me right now!

Good post though. I'm still a newb, so hopefully poeple don't think I'm a flake too!

Not at all Fink, in fact when I was writing the loyal member paragraph yours of many names popped into my head. I just would like people to take that post seriously and REALLY read through it. so I'll leave the commentating to a minimum.

Thanks for reading to the both of you.

I asked an ebay seller if a set of irons was regular or stiff flex. On my ebay iphone app, I couldn't see the full description. This is his jerky response to me. I told him that I would not ever buy anything from him and he could have answered nicely.

Dear arnottdare,

IF you read the first line of the description, you would have seen that it said R-Flex.
This means Regular.

Update on the jerkhead eBay seller:

- duketahoe

Dear arnottdare,

Real golfers don't have iphone apps.

- duketahoe

Nice rant Dent. Hopefully everyone stays and adds to this great site, but I'm sure there will be some that don't. It's great publicity for THP though and should just help them to be able to continue to provide all the great things they do for their members.

That's a good rant Dent. +1

dang i gave out too much rep already dent or you would have gotten another from me... epic post sir

Great post Dent. We know a lot of people show up for the contests, but hopefully we get a bunch of people who become regulars too.

Great post Dent. I repped you yesterday and I don't think I have any to give right now but here is a virtual rep, and a virtual awkward man hug.

Well said Dent, just sent you some rep and forgot to sign it

Great post Dent. I repped you yesterday and I don't think I have any to give right now but here is a virtual rep, and a virtual awkward man hug.

Well said Dent, just sent you some rep and forgot to sign it

hahaha... lets anonymous group man fist bump

Thanks Guys. I don't mean to imply that post to all new members because I know some are not like that. But what can you do we will run into a select few like this.

I'd just like to bump this ump and to urge newer members to read my long winded post a page back.

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back