Okay i'm open to suggestions

Alez367

Formerly Carlos C.
Reaction score
Handicap
Over the past two weeks, my game has gone from mid 70s to completely off the map. I'm losing everything high right and lost about 15 yds in distance. I'm open to suggestions.

Here's what I see:

- It looks like your back leg is straightening out at the top of your swing. This will cause you to lose a lot of that stored energy you gather in the back swing
- Your upper body seems to be initiating the down swing. Your lower body is engaged, but a little late which might cause things to be out of sync
- It's tough to tell because the video screen a little jumpy, but it also looks like your hands at impact are outside (or further away from you) than where they are at address. Usually when this has happened to me I start casting the club and lose tons of distance and hit a weak fade.

I would start with standing a little closer to the ball. This would eliminate the urge for you to "reach" for the ball. Your distance from the ball could be leading to the other problems I saw. Also take a few swings and pay attention to where your arms are after impact. Are they continuing out and away from your body, or are they following an arc around and to the left. Last, check your grip. I know when I get into a groove I forget about simple things like my grip, and I let it get a little weak on me. This also promotes a weak fade for me.

I've had this happen to me and it was really as simple as my distance to the ball.

Freddie will come in and tell me I'm all wrong.....but I'm ok with that because I love me some Panda!

Here's what I see:

- It looks like your back leg is straightening out at the top of your swing. This will cause you to lose a lot of that stored energy you gather in the back swing
- Your upper body seems to be initiating the down swing. Your lower body is engaged, but a little late which might cause things to be out of sync
- It's tough to tell because the video screen a little jumpy, but it also looks like your hands at impact are outside (or further away from you) than where they are at address. Usually when this has happened to me I start casting the club and lose tons of distance and hit a weak fade.

I would start with standing a little closer to the ball. This would eliminate the urge for you to "reach" for the ball. Your distance from the ball could be leading to the other problems I saw. Also take a few swings and pay attention to where your arms are after impact. Are they continuing out and away from your body, or are they following an arc around and to the left. Last, check your grip. I know when I get into a groove I forget about simple things like my grip, and I let it get a little weak on me. This also promotes a weak fade for me.

I've had this happen to me and it was really as simple as my distance to the ball.

Freddie will come in and tell me I'm all wrong.....but I'm ok with that because I love me some Panda!

thank you for the advice. Currently my hands are continuing out and away and not really rotating around my body. I used to have a strong grip but have weakened it significantly over the past 3 months. Wasn't a problem until about 2 weeks ago. I will definitely experiment with distance to the ball tonight.

It's worth a try. If you're not swinging through the ball and you have a weak grip it's usually weak fades for days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like your move into the ball. I know you're a bit restricted in your back swing but that can be fixed with some stretching.

My main concern is the arms are doing 70% of the work on the back swing. Your shoulders really don't turn as much as your arms move. Despite this flaw yoy still manage to make a pretty good pass at the ball.

At impact you aren't releasing the club which is good because if you did I'd have to call you a hooker. Your over the top move into the ball is contracted by your lack of release. You can play this way if you'd like
But try to get the club to the top with your shoulder arms and back to the ball with your rotating torso.

I like your move into the ball. I know you're a bit restricted in your back swing but that can be fixed with some stretching.

My main concern is the arms are doing 70% of the work on the back swing. Your shoulders really don't turn as much as your arms move. Despite this flaw yoy still manage to make a pretty good pass at the ball.

At impact you aren't releasing the club which is good because if you did I'd have to call you a hooker. Your over the top move into the ball is contracted by your lack of release. You can play this way if you'd like
But try to get the club to the top with your shoulder arms and back to the ball with your rotating torso.

Thanks freddie,
Unfortunately it looks like I'll only be able to work on the stretching part for about a month. Once I get back to swinging a club I will do my best to work on the restricted back swing and rotating my torso more and arms less.

Thanks freddie,
Unfortunately it looks like I'll only be able to work on the stretching part for about a month. Once I get back to swinging a club I will do my best to work on the restricted back swing and rotating my torso more and arms less.
The torso will really dictate the arms. Sync the two and you'll be good

Working on alignment. I will get a grasp of this.

Last edited:

A driving range.

I'll be here all week .

What am I looking at?

Working on alignment and while to me I was lined up to middle of target 160 yds away (big orange/white circle) I was still right of it. I just can't seem to get my feet to go with aligning like the train track scenario

Nice looking swing Alez.

Thanks. I just got video of an updated swing but still finding problem areas that I just can't seem to fix.

Is your miss a quick hook?

Is your miss a quick hook?

It used to be when I had a stronger grip but I weakened it a bit and now it's more of push / over fade.

Ive noticed I have become a bit more steeper into the ball whereas my take away is flatter.

Take away:

Downswing:

I have a feeling Freddie can give you a couple things to think about to get you where you want to be. I mean carrying a 6.5 you have found a way to find the center of clubface with the swing you have. I would say work with it and get that short game on point.

one thing i saw is that your downswing appears to be initiated with the whole body (including your upper body) "lunging" a bit toward the target, instead of starting from the ground up. maybe try to keep your back to the target as long as possible in your downswing, and don't inhibit the release of the club.

i also wonder if you've gone too weak with your grip change?

one thing i saw is that your downswing appears to be initiated with the whole body (including your upper body) "lunging" a bit toward the target, instead of starting from the ground up. maybe try to keep your back to the target as long as possible in your downswing, and don't inhibit the release of the club.

i also wonder if you've gone too weak with your grip change?

Re-watched the video and I see what you're saying. I will try that tonight at the range. As for the grip, it's a work in progress since I'm not quite sure yet if I'm 100% sold on the fade shot.

Updated video: taken yesterday. 6 iron. Working on not overswinging

https://vimeo.com/150295040

You strike the ball so solid man. If anything I would say that swing was a bit over the top. Did that ball fade a bit?

You strike the ball so solid man. If anything I would say that swing was a bit over the top. Did that ball fade a bit?

thanks. The ball actually went left about 5-10 yds off target. Took 6 iron down wind from 176 and swung controlled swing. Thought for sure it was enough club but came up about 8 yds short.

Update swing pics. Swaying way too much again causing me to losing shots right again

https://vimeo.com/176560555

Back