Old Guy, playing better, lost iron play suddenly

JAMKC

Reaction score
Making gains but yesterday all of my mid irons, 5-9, started going short, right and not high. Have been adjusting my ball position for wedges, with ball well back and hitting them great. Thinking I've moved mid irons too far back trying to replicate the good wedge play. WOuld that cause the flight I described? Ideas as to where my ball position should return to? Thanks!

Making gains but yesterday all of my mid irons, 5-9, started going short, right and not high. Have been adjusting my ball position for wedges, with ball well back and hitting them great. Thinking I've moved mid irons too far back trying to replicate the good wedge play. WOuld that cause the flight I described? Ideas as to where my ball position should return to? Thanks!
Ball farther back in your stance would absolutely cause the ball to fly lower and most likely shorter. That’s the exact place you’d put it to do that (flighting the ball)

Move the ball more forward and you should be back to normal. For 7-9 I’m close to middle of my stance and 5-6 like a ball to a ball and a half forward of center.

Last edited:
Great advice and was hoping it was pretty straightforward! Thanks.

Back