One ball or multiple?

I play the Noodle "Longest" once in a while and I think its as long and straight as any ball out there. On softer greens it will do anything I could ask for and cheap.

I'm pretty "not picky" about balls for the most part. The main criteria (if I'm buying them) is that it better not shred with 1 full swing wedge.

I do have a preference of the Bridgestone and it's what I use if I'm playing competitively, but other than that, the difference doesn't seem to bother me too much during most casual rounds. Then again, most of the time I'm out there I'm just enjoying being out of the office so oh wells lol.

I think Noodles are a very underrated ball. I just bought two boxes and it works out to 73 cents/ball.

I usually stick to one ball, callaway i(z).. If I suck during a round, I may use a cheaper ball for shots over water such as a tee shot on a par 3

I tend to just reach into my golf ball pocket and take whatever I get from a medley of golf balls I've found. For super serious rounds (high school matches) I use a B-330S. Otherwise they are too expensive to risk losing and the reward isn't great enough over another ball for a recreational round.

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

I try to play different balls to match conditions, but don't really think its doing me a lot of good. Days with soft greens and hard fairways I'll play a rockflight at times just to get distance and come in with something that releases towards the hole.

Yeah, that's when I might pull out a Noodle or a Top-Flite Gamer, right after it rains — when I need the extra ball flight and the soft greens will prevent too much rollout

I'm pretty "not picky" about balls for the most part. The main criteria (if I'm buying them) is that it better not shred with 1 full swing wedge.

I do have a preference of the Bridgestone and it's what I use if I'm playing competitively, but other than that, the difference doesn't seem to bother me too much during most casual rounds. Then again, most of the time I'm out there I'm just enjoying being out of the office so oh wells lol.

Yeah, when I'm just hanging with my buddies I'll be playing cheaper balls like the e5 or NXT. But in competition, it's generally all Z-Star or Penta

I think Noodles are a very underrated ball. I just bought two boxes and it works out to 73 cents/ball.

Yeah, they're pretty solid. But for a guy like me, who makes his money from 120 and in with the PW-putter, I just need the softer feel and extra spin control

I tend to put two of the same balls in my pocket and play those. I do switch balls depending on my mood for the day. More of a superstition from being a psychopath when it comes to what fits my eye at any moment. I must say I love the penta, but the text on the titleist just says "this one will be money". Does anyone else just think the titlest logo is classy?

I must say I love the penta, but the text on the titleist just says "this one will be money". Does anyone else just think the titlest logo is classy?

Not gonna lie, even though I think they're overrated, they do have a fairly classy logo. But I actually prefer the cool tech look of the Penta TP stamp, looks nice and clean to me, and the black and red is a good combo

I'd been playing the Srixon AD333 most of the summer, but I am switching to the Nike PD Soft for a while.

I'd been playing the Srixon AD333 most of the summer, but I am switching to the Nike PD Soft for a while.

How have you been liking the Srixon? Does it spin enough, at least for you?

How have you been liking the Srixon? Does it spin enough, at least for you?

I figured with the Srixon I found my ball. I love it. But my last 18 holes or so have been with the Nike and I shot 41 twice with it. I think this is probably the 15th time I have mentioned that tonight!

The Srixon spun plenty for me. But the Nike seems to stop better for me when I get it up high, yet has more rollout for me when I bump it to the green. Both of which I like, because when I am bumping it to the green it's because I have to keep it under the branches, which is touch for me when I try to fly it a long way. So the rollout is good in this case.

I figured with the Srixon I found my ball. I love it. But my last 18 holes or so have been with the Nike and I shot 41 twice with it. I think this is probably the 15th time I have mentioned that tonight!

The Srixon spun plenty for me. But the Nike seems to stop better for me when I get it up high, yet has more rollout for me when I bump it to the green. Both of which I like, because when I am bumping it to the green it's because I have to keep it under the branches, which is touch for me when I try to fly it a long way. So the rollout is good in this case.

Well, congratulations with the 41s! I see what you're saying though, and I agree. The one thing I don't like with my Z-Stars and Pentas is that they spin a little too quickly with my Vokeys on chips, making it a little hard to roll out with my 52º. So I've had to learn to aim closer to the pin, while I would prefer to have it roll out and be more predictable. Which is why I think I'll add a third usual ball, maybe the Bridgestone B330-RX

But how's the distance with both of the balls? I'm assuming pretty good with the Nike, but not sure about the Srixon. And how about the feel around the reen?

I didn't think it would be this way, but on normal hits I think I am getting more distance with the Nikes. Maybe a little less with the driver, but a club or so better with my irons. Haven't had quite enough experience around the greens with the Nikes. But I liked the Srixon greenside.

I didn't think it would be this way, but on normal hits I think I am getting more distance with the Nikes. Maybe a little less with the driver, but a club or so better with my irons. Haven't had quite enough experience around the greens with the Nikes. But I liked the Srixon greenside.

Hmmm... just a club? I would think that the Nike would add several yards over tour balls. I guess not, though.

Prov1x for me, get a dozen as a gift a few years ago and stick with it since, the 2011 doesn't chew up as much as the older ones thankfully however I wish Titleist would price them a bit better.

Prov1x for me, get a dozen as a gift a few years ago and stick with it since, the 2011 doesn't chew up as much as the older ones thankfully however I wish Titleist would price them a bit better.

Haha well that's pretty much the story with all premium balls. Which is why I generally shop around on the internet or go to my buddy's golf course pro shop when I need a discounted rate. On craigslist, I've found a dozen Pro V1x's for $15. Also, lostgolfballs.com is pretty solid pricing — $18 for a dozen 1st quality Z-Stars

Back