Ontario,Western New York, Northwest Pennsylvania and surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of which, I've been bugging my friend to join. He seems really interested, but just seems to forget. I'm playing with him tomorrow and I'll remind him. On a side note, seriously pondering an SLDR. Really love it and just can't seem to pony up the cash. I have a 3-day job at a camp next week being a counselor, so I'll get about $100 which will help.

You put the irons on hold?

Amen.. Going to pick up one after the season. BTW, today's round was first with Ultra Slim 1.0 on the SeeMore. Really liked it and was very comfortable putting with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Absolutely love the Superstrokes.

You put the irons on hold?

After talking with my dad, we both agree that the driver will help more. I'll still get the irons over the winter probably, so I guess the order doesn't matter.

wish i could get in on the putter talk, but with a putter that is 41 years old i will not be changing anytime soon!!!!!! looks like we may have 8 for the 2nd, hope everyone is motivated not to be the proud carrier of the "hello kitty" towel. playing in a scamble today w/ jimmy and 2 cops, hope i do not mess up the swing (and my back from all the carrying i will have to do) by trying to swing for the green on every shot i hit. lol play well everyone and may all your putts look like home sick gopher.

Nice to see a Local thread. From Niagara Falls; Hope to maybe see some of you out soon.

Nice to see a Local thread. From Niagara Falls; Hope to maybe see some of you out soon.

Welcome to the board! I've been looking and can't fill the two spots so hopefully we can have a full THP response! Mike,looking foreward to "Kitty".
Playing today at BTC and hopefully be ready for Mendon tomorrow(rain is a possibility).

wish i could get in on the putter talk, but with a putter that is 41 years old i will not be changing anytime soon!!!!!! looks like we may have 8 for the 2nd, hope everyone is motivated not to be the proud carrier of the "hello kitty" towel. playing in a scamble today w/ jimmy and 2 cops, hope i do not mess up the swing (and my back from all the carrying i will have to do) by trying to swing for the green on every shot i hit. lol play well everyone and may all your putts look like home sick gopher.

You better not hit one bad shot today. And be rest assured the second you do it will be posted in this thread!

Maybe Jimmy can help me, but didn't have to be forced to use one of Maddog's drives in the scramble. Outside of 2-3 putts, I don't remember him doing anything. :)

Have fun guys!

Welcome to the thread!!

Well,just got home from BTC and shot 41/45(with 2 dbl bogies on the back) Driving is consistant,chipping is very comfortable and putts just didn't all break as I read them(Go figure!) Past 3 rounds I've had 5 flop shots that put me in one putt range.Never thought I'd hit open faced 60 degrees as much as I have but went to the range and practiced over the past 2 weeks and it paid off. The scary part is it's been very consistant hitting and I finally feel like I'm in a zone.I don't expect to be in the 70's any time soon but I can live with the fact my game has been reliable. I don't post much anymore and just thought I'd let everyone know how my game has been as everyone here has posted about theirs! Looking foreward to next Monday! Hope the weather holds for Mendon CC tomorrow.

Well,just got home from BTC and shot 41/45(with 2 dbl bogies on the back) Driving is consistant,chipping is very comfortable and putts just didn't all break as I read them(Go figure!) Past 3 rounds I've had 5 flop shots that put me in one putt range.Never thought I'd hit open faced 60 degrees as much as I have but went to the range and practiced over the past 2 weeks and it paid off. The scary part is it's been very consistant hitting and I finally feel like I'm in a zone.I don't expect to be in the 70's any time soon but I can live with the fact my game has been reliable. I don't post much anymore and just thought I'd let everyone know how my game has been as everyone here has posted about theirs! Looking foreward to next Monday! Hope the weather holds for Mendon CC tomorrow.

Your short game was working when we played Arrowhead too. Too bad you lost your pink Callaway Solara.

I got it:

2Y9G0087-600x400.jpg

Allan - sounds like the game is rounding into form nicely!! Glad to hear the practice is paying off. Good luck tomorrow and looking forward to next Monday!

I got it:

2Y9G0087-600x400.jpg

Awesome!! That was fast, you were saying the other day that you were saving up. Great looking club, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the club.

It's such a rewarding feeling when the practice pays off! Seems as if the game is coming around nicely for you! Looking forward to next Monday! And fingers crossed for nice weather for you tomorrow! Good luck at Mendon!

I am finally starting to think that my slump with the woods might finally be over. Played at Deerfield with Shankasorous yesterday and the front 9 was a bit of struggle with the woods. Straightened it out on the back and finished strong.

Today was even better. Shot a 39/42 at Chili Country Club. Started hitting my irons ridiculously long and wasn't over swinging. Had a 190 yard 7 iron that hit the back of the green and led to a double.

Overall very pleased.

I am finally starting to think that my slump with the woods might finally be over. Played at Deerfield with Shankasorous yesterday and the front 9 was a bit of struggle with the woods. Straightened it out on the back and finished strong.

Today was even better. Shot a 39/42 at Chili Country Club. Started hitting my irons ridiculously long and wasn't over swinging. Had a 190 yard 7 iron that hit the back of the green and led to a double.

Overall very pleased.

That's a long 7 iron. What do they say about the golf swing, "half as hard, twice as far"?

That's a long 7 iron. What do they say about the golf swing, "half as hard, twice as far"?

Yeah and had that working on the back nine. Just had a perfect tempo going with the irons. Had a 165 yard 9 iron that lead to a 4 foot birdie attempt. Just had a great tempo, but would like to know when it is coming. :)

So we won the scramble. We finished -12 for a 60. Not to sound like a jerk, but Maddog and I played pretty damn well. It coulda been just us 2 and we woulda been -11. Our 2 teammates pulled through for us on a par 3 but those were only 2 shots we used of theirs. It's probably the best I've hit the ball all year from a striking stand point. Kinda sucks I had to waste it in a scramble and not my own personal score lol.

Way to go! Hitting those flops well is such a great feeling.

So we won the scramble. We finished -12 for a 60. Not to sound like a jerk, but Maddog and I played pretty damn well. It coulda been just us 2 and we woulda been -11. Our 2 teammates pulled through for us on a par 3 but those were only 2 shots we used of theirs. It's probably the best I've hit the ball all year from a striking stand point. Kinda sucks I had to waste it in a scramble and not my own personal score lol.

I know what you mean. There's a scramble in 2 weeks were my dad and I will probably be the only one's whose shots we use until it comes to the greens.

I got it:

2Y9G0087-600x400.jpg

I was skimming I dunno how I missed this! Thing is a beauty. How is it just neutral? You mess with that at all or just keeping it neutral? You have any pictures of the crown? It's like a matte finish right?

Yeah and had that working on the back nine. Just had a perfect tempo going with the irons. Had a 165 yard 9 iron that lead to a 4 foot birdie attempt. Just had a great tempo, but would like to know when it is coming. :)

I know exactly what you're saying. That perfect tempo just appears out of nowhere for awhile and then can disappear just as fast. Last round I played I had it early, hit a 220 yd par 3 (4i) for the first time ever, and it was gone before my round was over.

Holy smokes, sounds like everyone here is playing well. Good thing pink and blue go together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back