Pancakes mix or scratch thin or fluffy

Pops

Formerly Bbutler
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Got to thinking about this while making breakfast this morning. Are you a make your own batter from scratch or a mix person. I’m a Kodiak mix person myself. Share your favorite.

Next how do you like your pancakes. Thin or thick and fluffy. I prefer to press out some of the unneeded air in my cakes. Much prefer thin to those incredible thick pancakes.

I prefer my pancakes to be French toast.

But I don't eat either frequently. If I'm having pancakes I do prefer them to be thin and a bit crispy on the edges.

mix

Mix but it CANNOT be a "complete" mix. The stuff is just awful

I have a scratch oatmeal pancake recipe that I really like to make. But for regular pancakes it’s a mix. Currently Kodiak as well

I can’t get those to be airy and fluffy though so they are always thinner. I prefer a bit of fluffyness to them though

From scratch and fluffy

Mix and give me runny, please. I prefer them 'underdone'

Whatever they do at the diner.

Mix for sure and fluffy like me.

My wife makes em from scratch. I’m good with it

mix.
Consistency is key. I like them thinner usually. But I’ll never complain about a nice homemade thick pancake.

Got to thinking about this while making breakfast this morning. Are you a make your own batter from scratch or a mix person. I’m a Kodiak mix person myself. Share your favorite.

Next how do you like your pancakes. Thin or thick and fluffy. I prefer to press out some of the unneeded air in my cakes. Much prefer thin to those incredible thick pancakes.
lol, I love the Kodiak Box myself, just made the bestest half waffles this morning

I never make pancakes at home or really order them at restaurants, but there is a diner by the house that makes some really nice pancakes. They are a little fluffy, but aren't too thick.

One egg, one teaspoon of olive oil, one cup of Aunt Jemima's Original mix, one cup of half and half, for thin crepe like pancakes with real maple syrup.

I use this and make pancakes. They are a little thicker bc of the waffle mix but taste a lot better

1696538304923.png

Scratch. Fluffy is all about the baking powder. I like them thin and a little crispy on the edges but never mash them down.

I can go either way but If I have a box of mix I will use it.
I like em thin and well done.

Mix, fluffy and underdone.

I will do the mix but can make from scratch when needed.

You gotta add sorta brown bananas too. Delicious!

Scratch, thick, and fluffy. That's how I make them and I get LOTS of requests for my pancakes. So, that's how I roll!

We don’t do pancakes very often but we make them from scratch from my wife’s grandmothers recipe that has buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter in the batter. They are on the thinner side but fluffy.

Back