Dude I cannot wait for you to get him out there. I have an absolute blast out there with my son. He gets SO EXCITED whenever he hits a good shot, it makes every single frustration I've ever had out there melt away. It's the best.

My wife is a golfer as well (when she feels like it... and she's got a great swing).

I spoke to her the other day about how pumped I was for weekday evening 9s with the three of us (Papa is invited if he wants).

My wife is a golfer as well (when she feels like it... and she's got a great swing).

I spoke to her the other day about how pumped I was for weekday evening 9s with the three of us (Papa is invited if he wants).

There is no better feeling. I love when Lee Matt and I can make the loop together.

They see me rollin', they hatin'....

dc834f294727c798529b0b2e7bb67716.jpg

This is a picture my wife took when she told Aubrey that I was coming home from work. Can't believe she's already one but so glad this is what I come home to everyday nowResized_20170109_170308.jpg

Parenting Thread

Ordering Scholastic books. Still a thrill after all these years, but now with more disposable income.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being a parent is hard. Really hard.

Being a parent is hard. Really hard.
Definitely not for the faint of heart. But with consistency and if things break well, the returns far exceed the previous stress.

Family golf day yesterday. It started off with some chaos but after a quick timeout (siblings fight) everybody played great.
c57940aa0a4e92502043b94b692c2f8c.jpg

I cannot believe I'm officially the parent of a 16 year old today... where did the time go??????

I cannot believe I'm officially the parent of a 16 year old today... where did the time go??????
geez, I can't even imagine that right now LOL. Caleb will be 18 months in March, I can barely keep up with the kid

Family golf day yesterday. It started off with some chaos but after a quick timeout (siblings fight) everybody played great.
c57940aa0a4e92502043b94b692c2f8c.jpg
Awesome pic. Cute kids.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Jacobs first day of daycare ...

e574b653e4d19d3116134ef32b00f14e.jpg

Jacobs first day of daycare ...

e574b653e4d19d3116134ef32b00f14e.jpg

How'd mom do with that? Was it any easier on her the second time around?

How'd mom do with that? Was it any easier on her the second time around?
She kept it together at least for as long as I was with her. She did say she wished she had stayed home one more week, so I know she's going to miss her time with Jake.

ad730e19b808a2496e3cc5af99f4dcd4.jpg

Servin' it up

My son just gave me a huge hug before he went to bed and thanked me for spending a few hours outside with him, sledding and building snow ramps. He said it was one of the best Sundays he's had in a while.

It's really damn dusty in here right now.

Baffling how quick they grow.

68e9a500d4fd273fc6d06432a8f3c108.jpg

I'm with ya there... and that was 5 years ago!!!

When they become adults and continue to grow, you'll forever marvel at the present, sentimentally miss the past, anticipate the future.

Equal parts scary and cool.

Never knew Pete the Cat existed until I brought my kid to the library (we got our library cards this weekend). Pete the Cat, Pete the Cat, Pete the Cat. That's all he would say. So we checked out a couple of Pete the Cat books, and I went over to Barnes and Noble and bought him a compilation as well. It's all we've read for the past couple of nights ... and lo and behold, Pete the Cat has videos on YouTube. Spent a good hour watching them with Nick tonight. One would end and he'd say "I need more Daddy."

Great ... my child's addicted to Pete the Cat. Though to be honest ... it beats a lot of the stuff that's out there, so we'll deal with the Pete the Cat overload as long as it keeps the kiddo interested in reading and the like.

Never knew Pete the Cat existed until I brought my kid to the library (we got our library cards this weekend). Pete the Cat, Pete the Cat, Pete the Cat. That's all he would say. So we checked out a couple of Pete the Cat books, and I went over to Barnes and Noble and bought him a compilation as well. It's all we've read for the past couple of nights ... and lo and behold, Pete the Cat has videos on YouTube. Spent a good hour watching them with Nick tonight. One would end and he'd say "I need more Daddy."

Great ... my child's addicted to Pete the Cat. Though to be honest ... it beats a lot of the stuff that's out there, so we'll deal with the Pete the Cat overload as long as it keeps the kiddo interested in reading and the like.
You can download the mp3 folks, too.

I think it took me about six months to get "I've got my white shoes, I've got my white shoes" out of my head.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

You can download the mp3 folks, too.

I think it took me about six months to get "I've got my white shoes, I've got my white shoes" out of my head.
We were singing that this morning actually ...

So turns out kiddo is farsighted and it's wreaking havoc on his eyes. Little kid walks around cross-eyed for a good portion of the day, particularly when he gets tired. So we have to get glasses for him. Frame shopping for a toddler (2.5 years old) isn't particularly easy, and I'm also concerned that he'll be rough on these frames. Since he has to wear them all day, I wanted to get something with a strap, but looks like our only local option is to get him sports goggles. Not sure how that'll look though.

Anyone else go through this?

So turns out kiddo is farsighted and it's wreaking havoc on his eyes. Little kid walks around cross-eyed for a good portion of the day, particularly when he gets tired. So we have to get glasses for him. Frame shopping for a toddler (2.5 years old) isn't particularly easy, and I'm also concerned that he'll be rough on these frames. Since he has to wear them all day, I wanted to get something with a strap, but looks like our only local option is to get him sports goggles. Not sure how that'll look though.

Anyone else go through this?

Chris Sabo looked awesome with his sports goggles. Sucks that the little one needs glasses already.

Chris Sabo looked awesome with his sports goggles. Sucks that the little one needs glasses already.
I guess it's a relatively common thing for children to be farsighted, the problem is that for Nick he goes cross-eyed (accommodative esotropia) when trying to focus and so he needs glasses to keep that from happening. I guess glasses tend to fix the situation in about 85% of the cases (the other 15% require a path and/or surgery). He can potentially grow out of it according to the doctor.

Hoping the glasses correct the situation for him as I'd rather not have to have him go under the knife. The Rec Specs do look cool, so if they have those on hand, I'm leaning towards them. I know mom will favor a more traditional pair of glasses ... though I can guarantee they'll be busted in a matter of days.

2b4890dd-96d4-4370-a1d6-e0d4749b2452_zpsik2ykqmg.jpg

Taking my youngest to either Southern Utah or Nevada for some golf this weekend to get to some warmer weather.

Back