Percentages - Walking vs. Riding

What percentage of your rounds are walking rounds?

• 100% - I never ride

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • 95-99% - I ride only when a course or my playing partners require riding

Votes: 32 31.4%
  • 60-94% - I would rather walk but sometimes circumstances make riding the best/only choice

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • 40-59% - I walk quite a bit but often ride

Votes: 11 10.8%
  • 5-39% - I prefer riding but walking is fine at times

Votes: 11 10.8%
  • 1-4% - I am a rider unless walking is required

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • 0% - I do not walk either by choice or as required by the course(s)

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Something else - please describe (e.g. you are a speed golfer and run)

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters

bkuehn1952

Making Bogies Since 1960
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
10.4 Index
I am in the 40-59% range. I walk a lot but most of my tournaments require riding. My regular group consists of riders and if the course is fairly open, I will ride so as to not hold things up. There are also courses where walking is not feasible because of looooong distances between green and next tee.

99% of my rounds are walking. Only ride when required.

Any course I play in my hometown is walking (which I voted as 95-99%). If I’m out of town though it’s always riding. But with most rounds being at home, I would never ride there

I walk unless the course requires it or I'm with my in laws / thp guys. I might ride once or twice in the dead heat of summer as well, but only if I'm playing in the afternoon.

I almost always walk unless required or the course is really spread out where its a trek between holes.
This describes it for me with the exception that the course or event requires it.

I ride the majority of the time just due to not so great knees. I will walk some par 3 or executive courses by be every once in awhile.

Walk all the time. Only ride when the course makes me use a cart. That happens typically once a year on a golf weekend I go on, 4 rounds / 3 days, but to be honest that needs a cart. This year there will be one extra as I signed up for a thing in Whistler that includes/ requires cart. So that will be 5 rounds out of ~60 for the year at this rate

Rounds throughout the week are walking, rounds on the weekends are riding

After overseed to about 105 I walk 80% of the time. Summer I walk 0% of the time

I'm in the 60-90% range but only ride when the course requires it. All league rounds are walking, the travel coupon book we have usually includes a cart and we will take as there is usually big walks through subdivisions between holes.

95-99%, i only ride if it's a resort course that forces you to take a cart

95-99%.......I walk all the time, unless the course requires the use of carts.
Or all the other in my group are riding.

Reasonable spring or fall weather I'd say 40/60ish walking to riding. Once the heat and humidity hit that number plummets to near zero. I'll still walk a few early rounds but anything where it's sticky hot I'll usually ride.

I’m 100% ride. With my back and nerve damage in my legs, I can only be on my feet for half an hour at a time before I have to sit down for a few minutes. I can walk continuously for a few miles, but playing is a lot of standing around waiting for others to hit or putt. I’d love to be able to walk at least 9 holes but I don’t see that happening for me anymore.

I walk 9 in the mornings and ride in the evenings.

95-99% for me. I'll only ride when it's necessary.

I walk when I can, which ends up being about 50% of my rounds. More if I play the local par 3/executive course more often.

I’m working towards a 100% walking season. That’ll only come if it’s also a 100% solo round season.
I only rode 1 or 2 rounds last year and that was due to the my boss’ course not allowing walking.

18’s are always riding. Our league 9’s though I walk.

I can count on 1 hand the number of times I haven't walked in all the years I have played

I hate riding. The only time I’m riding is if the course required it because of the distance between holes.

Probably around 90% or so I ride. But it’s the nature of most of the courses I play. Really hilly , long distances between green and next tee Keeps me in a cart

I’m in the walk 60% or more, but the caveat is right now I’m riding only until mid to late May. I’ll walk then see hire my knee responds and if good walk there majority of my rounds.

Back