PGA Championship [Spoilers] TaylorMade R11 Iron Contest

This leaderboard bores me to bits. This might be worse than the year Shaun Micheel won.

not going to lie...I stopped watching after tiger and everyone else missed the cut

How awesome though would it be to see a Guy win the first major he has ever played in Steele? I would really like to see Stricker pull it off though.

How awesome though would it be to see a Guy win the first major he has ever played in Steele? I would really like to see Stricker pull it off though.

yeah really hoping stricker wins - or scott

Is Jason Dufner a person or a robot. He looks like Barney from the Simpsons.

This is Bradley's 1st major also, I find myself liking his game more and more.

Wow - really surprised at some of the comments about this being "boring" and "I stopped watching after TW missed the cut". I am actually thoroughly enjoying this tourney. Tight leaderboard on an exciting course. Some of the better known names can post a score early possibly and place a little pressure on the guys at the top that have never won a major.

Best thing about TW missing the cut is that we actually get to watch the leaders play golf on the weekend.

No way Steele and Bradley and Dufner play well today. Someone who's more experienced puts pressure on them and we witness train wrecks.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

No way Steele and Bradley and Dufner play well today. Someone who's more experienced puts pressure on them and we witness train wrecks.

I agree for all except Bradley. Steele appears strong though.

Go LukeyD!

Im not so sure. While we might see a train wreck, I dont think all guys do. Case in point was yesterday. Bradley doubles the first and could have folded, but comes back 2 holes later with a birdie. While Saturday is not the same as Sunday, when you are leading the first major you have ever played in, I think it shows something. I think winning just a few weeks ago helps him out here.

Could it happen? Maybe. But while everybody is talking Stricker, he has not exactly lit it on fire the last 2 days with play. Donald wont make up the ground, Phil could make it interesting, but is still struggling with the putter. David Toms could make it VERY interesting if he plays like he did yesterday....Which would make this kind of history in some ways. Westwood could get the flat stick hot and go on a roll, but while I think we could see some belbspeddling today, there just seems like there has to be a lot of guys fall back.

I think Westwood and Stricker play well today and challenge for their maiden Major

I think Bradley and Dufner played well b/c of the pairing itself. Although Dufner hit like every single fairway didn't he? Fact is, Dufner and Steele made some long putts for birdie, that won't happen today. When a more experience guy "who's been there" comes out and puts some pressure on those boys, I don't see them handling it well. Don't go to sleep on Adam Scott. He was some dismal putting away from being 4 under and right in the thick of it. I'll always take guys who've been there done that over some of these cats. That being said, Bradley will stick around before Dufner and Steele do. I can't stand the Dufner waggle either. I don't want to watch that all day today.

Im not so sure. While we might see a train wreck, I dont think all guys do. Case in point was yesterday. Bradley doubles the first and could have folded, but comes back 2 holes later with a birdie. While Saturday is not the same as Sunday, when you are leading the first major you have ever played in, I think it shows something. I think winning just a few weeks ago helps him out here.

Could it happen? Maybe. But while everybody is talking Stricker, he has not exactly lit it on fire the last 2 days with play. Donald wont make up the ground, Phil could make it interesting, but is still struggling with the putter. David Toms could make it VERY interesting if he plays like he did yesterday....Which would make this kind of history in some ways. Westwood could get the flat stick hot and go on a roll, but while I think we could see some belbspeddling today, there just seems like there has to be a lot of guys fall back.

You forgot the worlds #1, sure he'll need some help from the leaders but a 65 today and a slip up by the leaders. LD would hoist the Wannamaker. Same with Scott...

---
- Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

I think your post says it all with the number of 'ifs' in it....I think it's wide open for anyone who is within 5-6 shots of the lead to win....going to be an interesting final round for sure

lol @ stop watching after tigger missed the cut. Guess these people dont watch much golf. The broadcast are so much better when he's finally gone.

I think Bradley and Dufner played well b/c of the pairing itself. Although Dufner hit like every single fairway didn't he? Fact is, Dufner and Steele made some long putts for birdie, that won't happen today. When a more experience guy "who's been there" comes out and puts some pressure on those boys, I don't see them handling it well. Don't go to sleep on Adam Scott. He was some dismal putting away from being 4 under and right in the thick of it. I'll always take guys who've been there done that over some of these cats. That being said, Bradley will stick around before Dufner and Steele do. I can't stand the Dufner waggle either. I don't want to watch that all day today.

The ironic part is that not too many of the guys below have "been there".
Westwood, Stricker, Donald, Verplank, DA Points, Hansen, Senden, Karlsson?

Ironically Charl and Scott might be sitting there licking their chops. Toms as well.

lol @ stop watching after tigger missed the cut. Guess these people dont watch much golf. The broadcast are so much better when he's finally gone.

You got that right. Poor dude, he hasn't watched much golf this year has he? See you in 2012 buddy, haha

You forgot the worlds #1, sure he'll need some help from the leaders but a 65 today and a slip up by the leaders. LD would hoist the Wannamaker. Same with Scott...

---

I didnt forget him. He is mentioned in my post.

The ironic part is that not too many of the guys below have "been there".
Westwood, Stricker, Donald, Verplank, DA Points, Hansen, Senden, Karlsson?

Ironically Charl and Scott might be sitting there licking their chops. Toms as well.

While those guys haven't won Majors, they've won some pretty big tournaments, played in Ryder Cups, and just have been in this position far more. That's all. I agree with you about Charl and AS and Toms, but I will not sleep on Phil either. He's got a 63 in him for sure, ha!

I didnt forget him. He is mentioned in my post.

Gots to get the ole eyes checked, I totally missed that.

---

While those guys haven't won Majors, they've won some pretty big tournaments, played in Ryder Cups, and just have been in this position far more. That's all. I agree with you about Charl and AS and Toms, but I will not sleep on Phil either. He's got a 63 in him for sure, ha!

Maybe if he stops at 16 holes.
They do have experience. But I mean while I would love to see it, should Lee Westwood's Sunday experience really help the guy? Or is it more of a hindrance? I dont think a guy on the leaderboard turns around and says "omg, Steve Stricker just made 2 birdies" or "Omg, those frosted tips are tearing the place down". Outside of Phil and maybe Adam Scott because of the win last week, I dont think there is a guy in the top 20 that creates nerves for people.

If Luke Donald didn't play the 18th like Pale Hundy played the Champions Course, I'd be feeling better about my prediction, that's for sure.

Man, I miss THP fantasy golf.

Don't sleep on Robert Karlson, the swede is capable of making a huge run.

---

Back