PGA Fashion Police

_JL_

Let's Go Pens
Reaction score
Handicap
N/A
Since I've been hijacking the last few Tour event threads with all my fashion talk, I figured I'd start a new thread for that very thing.

So this is the place for all of those random little "Camilo's shirt is ugly today" or "I love Ryuji Imada's pants" (which I do) comments. I'll probably be stopping in here each round of a tournament to give my opinions and see what stood out to you guys on any given day.

Admins, if you think this is a stupid idea, go ahead and delete this thread, I just thought it might be nice to keep the official thread just about golf, and have another place to come to talk clothes.

Never a stupid idea.

Can we include LPGA too?

Absolutely, all tours.

I'll start with this, or maybe I should start it's own thread, but what the heck is John Daly and his significant other thinking when they get dressed everyday, I don't mean to sound too rude, but some of the outfits remind me of clowns.

I'll start. Here's a picture of Camilo practicing at the short game area today.

150853950-7c40e76d70a13774dbaff88a6e671023.4c740fa8-scaled.jpg

Hard to say anything really bad about this outfit. Nothing special either, I do think it's a cool shirt with the hints of pink.
I just had to start this off with Villegas, y'know.

EDIT: There used to be a picture up there ^ of Camilo from Cobra's twitpic page. I guess they deleted it...

Last edited:
oh I can....I think the block design on the shirt is horrible.

You beat me to it. I do not like it at all.
Really? I've always liked asymmetrical designs, and geometric designs, so obviously this one falls right into place. Even if you don't like those things though, this one is pretty subtle...

I'll start with this, or maybe I should start it's own thread, but what the heck is John Daly and his significant other thinking when they get dressed everyday, I don't mean to sound too rude, but some of the outfits remind me of clowns.
I have no answers for that, man. I don't think anyone does.
I will say that, on rare occasions, when he's wearing just plain white everything else, some of the pants don't bother me at all.

I have no answers for that, man. I don't think anyone does.
I will say that, on rare occasions, when he's wearing just plain white everything else, some of the pants don't bother me at all.

I agree, not all of the pants and items bother me, it's just when there's like three prints and too many colors to count. I've looked into the loudmouth shorts, I'm sure a couple of them will find their way into my wardrobe!

How about adding the ladies from Big Break? They wear some interesting this on and off the course.

How about adding the ladies from Big Break? They wear some interesting this on and off the course.
Sure, why not?
Although for the record, Blair O'Neal looks good in anything.

Sure, why not?
Although for the record, Blair O'Neal looks good in anything.

Lol, yeah I noticed that too

as far as looking horrible there are a few things that have always bothered me, it kinda always looks like Rocco Mediate orders his clothes a size too big, also sometimes looks like Justin Rose borrowed his little sisters shirts. i kinda like how AK and DJ both dress and i wish like anything that TM would start to sell the hats that DJ wears. thats my two cents

Last edited:
i really, really like what bubba watson wears, just can't stand how he wears it....the same could be said for david duval for me. love the outfit, hate the way he wears it. i think that tom watson and DL3 dress exceptionally nice. and in my opinion, the JL stuff has nothing on what sligo and travis mathew is putting out right now. i was just spending some time in my newsletter i get from fairway styles and the JL stuff was featured, not impressive at all.

and in my opinion, the JL stuff has nothing on what sligo and travis mathew is putting out right now. i was just spending some time in my newsletter i get from fairway styles and the JL stuff was featured, not impressive at all.

I was just looking at the same thing. Same opinion on my end as well. Overrated completely in my book. Could be why their marketshare has dropped A TON over the last 12 months.

I was just looking at the same thing. Same opinion on my end as well. Overrated completely in my book. Could be why their marketshare has dropped A TON over the last 12 months.

really? i thought for sure that they would still be going strong. i'd love to see some of those numbers. it's really not too surprising. look at the TM stuff and the sligo stuff and just compare the two. seems like JL backs themselves into a corner with some of their designs, like you can only a specific shirt with a specific bottom, it doesn't seem to multi-purposeful to me.

i really, really like what bubba watson wears, just can't stand how he wears it....the same could be said for david duval for me. love the outfit, hate the way he wears it. i think that tom watson and DL3 dress exceptionally nice. and in my opinion, the JL stuff has nothing on what sligo and travis mathew is putting out right now. i was just spending some time in my newsletter i get from fairway styles and the JL stuff was featured, not impressive at all.

Didn't Bubba tweet today he became part owner of Travis Matthew?

And I agree with about Tom Watson and DL3, I stop my DVR rounds with them in it to check out their outfits. I do wish DL3 would quit wearing horizontal stripes every weekend. They don't do his beginning of middle age upper body any favors and he should never wear yellow again, makes him look like he has jaundice. But I loved both of their outfits at this year's US Open. Of course it is Polo/Ralph Lauren dressing both Watson and DL3 from socks to tops, and you can never go wrong with a classic RL look.

Last edited:
Ai Miyazato's knee lenth socks...I just don't know :confused2:

Ai Miyazato's knee lenth socks...

I was just thinking EXACTLY the same thing!! I'm watching the replay from this past weekend and I'm HATING those.

I was just thinking EXACTLY the same thing!! I'm watching the replay from this past weekend and I'm HATING those.

They don't even match!! haa haa

And one of them is slouching lower than the other. Makes her look like a lacrosse player out there

Back