I don't mind a little punishing and unpredictability. Outside the putting, those tournament settings were pretty boring imo.

Right now tournaments will be played on Pro ( not Pro Am) difficulty but with the downswing meter (too fast or too slow) turned off. We can always change this, or have some tournaments with different settings, but based on all the Reddit threads I’ve read, there is evidence out there that the downswing meter is not working properly. For a lot of people it’s far too punishing, and others have run tests on the PC version using scripts which seem to indicate even if you have the exact same swing every time, the slow/perfect/fast results will be different, which in theory makes no sense.

For this next tourney, I’m planning on selecting a more difficult course and adding in some wind, but otherwise should be the same mechanics.
I turned my personal settings to match the PS4 group's settings....I agree the meter was wonky. I have a pretty steady back and up motion on the stick and it would be like "very slow" and slice or "fast" and hook, etc. And literally any difference from swing to swing was undetectable...so of course when you try to say okay maybe I'm doing something wrong it just exacerbates the issue.

Anyway - I like pro with the meter off. If you push or pull the stick, you're still gonna punished with a fade/slice or draw/hook you didn't want - and same on putting if you get off line. That's challenging enough for me, for now.

I won 3 tourneys on Korn Ferry and got my Tour Card last night! Woo hoo!!!

My first round played on normal (i figured since I knew TGC I'd be fine) I should + 38 ... yes.

Even though I swung fine during the training as soon as I got into a round I constantly swung too fast or too slow.

Guess I need a few more minutes practicing to get the muscle memory down :D

I turned my personal settings to match the PS4 group's settings....I agree the meter was wonky. I have a pretty steady back and up motion on the stick and it would be like "very slow" and slice or "fast" and hook, etc. And literally any difference from swing to swing was undetectable...so of course when you try to say okay maybe I'm doing something wrong it just exacerbates the issue.

Anyway - I like pro with the meter off. If you push or pull the stick, you're still gonna punished with a fade/slice or draw/hook you didn't want - and same on putting if you get off line. That's challenging enough for me, for now.

That is exactly how I feel! I just won my first PGA Tour event with those settings with a -4, but I needed to birdie 3 of the last six holes to secure the win. I am really enjoying the challenge of those settings right now.

I don't mind a little punishing and unpredictability. Outside the putting, those tournament settings were pretty boring imo.

I hear ya - wanted to make the first tournament really simple so people can get a feel for the settings. Next one starts Friday and hopefully will be more of a challenge!

I will jump in on the THP Society today, just in time! Having a blast with the game so far.

I hear ya - wanted to make the first tournament really simple so people can get a feel for the settings. Next one starts Friday and hopefully will be more of a challenge!
Nice...looking forward to the next one, although I feel like I got blown out in the first event! I was like -12 and everyone else was -20 something.... :oops:o_O

Nice...looking forward to the next one, although I feel like I got blown out in the first event! I was like -12 and everyone else was -20 something.... :oops:o_O

Totally hear you - especially in the second round, conditions were such that if you got it on the green relatively close, birdies were definitely there for the taking, and it was much easier to get your GIR shots close.

We will see what people think about Friday’s tournament!

Got pro am down last night. Shot 6 under with one bogey. The Callaway sponsor challenge is wanting me to shoot a bogey free round and that is way harder than shooting under par. Hoping to get that soon and then maybe move up to pro.
@HighOnTheHog is there a difficulty setting that you have the Xbox tourneys being played on?

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Played it for about 3 hours last night.

The graphics leave a lot to be desired. The play difficulty takes a lot to get used to, but it is a nice change over the ease of the TW games. Putting sucks. The commentary is terrible.

I think I'm most disappointed by the graphics. This is 2020. I expected realism. Instead we're left with this uncomfortable land in between cartoonish and real. I just don't like it.

I'm definitely going to keep playing to see how well I can play, but I suspect that this is a game I will tire of rather quickly.

All the sudden I can’t putt anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just purchased this game (PC) without realizing there was a topic here about it.

I'm not much of a gamer and sure as hell can't play real golf very well, but this is fun. It should help me get through the long winter. Too bad real golf isn't this easy.
What are the specs on your PC? I have a gaming laptop that is three years old. The processor is an i7, but a bit slower than the minimum specs. Graphics card is within their recommended specs. I currently play TGC 2019 with no issues.

What are the specs on your PC? I have a gaming laptop that is three years old. The processor is an i7, but a bit slower than the minimum specs. Graphics card is within their recommended specs. I currently play TGC 2019 with no issues.
I have it on PS4 but would guess you don't need much special with a gaming pc or laptop...if you can play 2019, I'd think you're fine....but...don't quote me on that.

I have it on PS4 but would guess you don't need much special with a gaming pc or laptop...if you can play 2019, I'd think you're fine....but...don't quote me on that.
That's kind of what I was thinking. It's still hard for me to pull the trigger on $60 when I paid $15 for TGC 2019 on Steam somewhat recently.

@JB Are we able to get a sticky at the top of this thread with gamertags for Xbox and PS4 players?

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the game. I had GC2 and it was ok, but I think the course creation and tourney play for online puts this one over the top.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I upped the difficult to pro today. Let's just say, I did not play as well as before. These CPUs were getting it done on! Gotta get better.

I played a round last set to easy and hit every fairway and every GIR for a 60. Played another round set on difficult and shot a low 80’s score. Some of the greens required
i7 9700F, GTX 1660 (6gb), 16gb RAM.

Certainly, there are more knowledgeable folks here who could give a more re-assuring answer, but I would think if it handles 2019 it would be able to handle the new version. But if your processor is below the minimum specs, I might be hesitant to drop $60 without knowing for sure. You might have to lower the settings on the game to get it to play better????

I love everything about this game.

I love everything about this game.
Man...just took a new controller and the lovefest is on, eh?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My favorite part is playing it on 120” of screen. It’s a far cry from my 10” CRT that I played NES Golf on back in the 80s.
CB11FE45-3D0E-44F7-B7F4-BAD05C4DA1EA.jpeg

It is really relaxing for me to play, and get away from the BS going on these days. I like the shot shape capabilities, and enjoy a wind blowing as well.

27 inch monitor for me ... lol

Attachments

• 144A0621-408E-4D89-B582-A51430178C2C.jpeg
    144A0621-408E-4D89-B582-A51430178C2C.jpeg
    157.8 KB · Views: 14
It is really relaxing for me to play, and get away from the BS going on these days. I like the shot shape capabilities, and enjoy a wind blowing as well.
I agree. It’s nice to just get lost in this game!

Back