PGA Tour Payouts For Those Who Stayed

What does this mean?

• Appeasing PGA players because there is a PGA/LIV deal allowing LIV players to play on PGA.

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Trying to keep PGA players from going to LIV.

Votes: 32 51.6%
  • Nothing

Votes: 7 11.3%

• Total voters
They won’t really have a leg to stand on. A lot of guys that would complain probably didn’t even get approached by LIV or had no interest in it. It was money they didn’t have a day ago and it was money they didn’t need to be paid
According to Rory he was never given an offer by LIV so why give him money then?

What did Tiger do during this time to deserve anything? Look I get he "was" the greatest ever. But over the past 2 year he has only played like 5 times!!! This insane! F tour golf..

According to Rory he was never given an offer by LIV so why give him money then?
That’s what I’m alluding to. Frankly, I don’t care they’re paying these bonuses. But if a player complains about their payment, what’s their argument? They either turned it down or didn’t get an offer so why complain about a extra money in your pocket?

I have less issue with the TW money than I do with someone like Spieth. For what? Working Thursday and Fridays?
Tiger has worked maybe 10 days in 2 years. lol.

Still need him, still moves the needle. Still is the needle.

I understand, I just thought they only ate what they killed on the PGA tour....I certainly remember hearing that

Don’t really understand the outrage over these payments. So they paid JT $30mm. So what?

Seems to tee up a lot of good players to feel slighted and push them to LIV.

What a mess. These are just desperate bribes to stay "loyal" to the PGA Tour. The who and how much doesn't make any sense to me. Why not set something up that is based on ongoing merit, with clear criteria?

Seems to tee up a lot of good players to feel slighted and push them to LIV.

I thought same. Lot of guys in 20-40 ogwr range probably texting Greg right now lol

Pay em... doesn't affect me.

What did Tiger do during this time to deserve anything? Look I get he "was" the greatest ever. But over the past 2 year he has only played like 5 times!!! This insane! F tour golf..

I'm pretty sure Tiger is involved a lot creating the newer PGA tour with the SSG partnership. Also, I'm pretty sure he is doing a lot in helping the negotitations of the PGA-LIV deal and helping to create the framework on how to integrate the two tours if that does happen. There are a lot of changes that need to be made if the PGA tour allows to LIV players to play PGA and vice versa in regards to OWGR points, qualification requirements, elevated events, etc.

I would love to be in a room when they decide who gets what. It ain't based on results, that is for damn sure. And you could argue it isn't based on popularity either.
This whole thing is hilarious. The Tour is insane.

Rewarding past results instead of future projections seems silly. Tiger doesn't need $100 million. He can't even play in LIV because he can't suit up for that many events.

Rewarding past results instead of future projections seems silly. Tiger doesn't need $100 million. He can't even play in LIV because he can't suit up for that many events.
Says the tour that give Phil and DJ and Reed, and poulter, and Westwood the checkbook. Lololol

Says the tour that give Phil and DJ and Reed, and poulter, and Westwood the checkbook. Lololol
That is to bring them in, totally different. You have to entice to get some break away guys. Tiger and his minions were not going anywhere but here is some cash instead of investing in future talent.

This sounds like a mess in a lot of ways to me. Wonder if it does more harm than good. Tour has been so bass ackwards with how they have handled thos whole situation i feel.

That is to bring them in, totally different. You have to entice to get some break away guys. Tiger and his minions were not going anywhere but here is some cash instead of investing in future talent.
how so? You said Rewarding past results instead of future projections seems silly. This is exactly what LIV did regardless of the reason.

But, isnt that what LIV did? Pay people to come to LIV based on their popularity on PGA?

Hey Rory, thanks for passing on that $900M offer…here’s $50M for being a good sport! Thank you for your loyalty.

😂

It doesn’t bother me that the top talent got more money, good for them. The LIV Tour has a bottomless checkbook and can play this game a lot longer than the PGA Tour can. The PGA Tour has been poorly managed for a long time and this appears to be a desperate move but they really don’t have anywhere near the money to be competitive if it’s only about money.

It will be interesting to see these next couple of year what the ratio of Major wins is for the PGA vs. LIV tours.

Back