Pine Valley hole-by-hole

I hate that I am about 30 minutes from there and will never get to play there.

I posted this youtube to the Hardest Hole thread around Thanksgiving. I find there isn't much traxion with golf courses outside of experience courses here at THP. That's kinda sad but it is what it is. Played there once, may get back but candidly not sure I want to. Ha It's a beast. And when I played it 26 years ago, I had a lot more game.

• Staff
I posted this youtube to the Hardest Hole thread around Thanksgiving. I find there isn't much traxion with golf courses outside of experience courses here at THP. That's kinda sad but it is what it is. Played there once, may get back but candidly not sure I want to. Ha It's a beast. And when I played it 26 years ago, I had a lot more game.
Pine Valley is a hard course to get excited about (other than for the golf lore reasons). It's basically inaccessible and there also isn't much out there in terms of video. I actually posted this just because I found it so novel that somebody actually was able to post a full 18 hole tour.

I find there isn't much traxion with golf courses outside of experience courses here at THP. That's kinda sad but it is what it is.
Not sure what you mean by this exactly but courses that aren't accessible to many aren't going to get much traxion outside of those who are into history.

Pine Valley is a hard course to get excited about (other than for the golf lore reasons). It's basically inaccessible and there also isn't much out there in terms of video. I actually posted this just because I found it so novel that somebody actually was able to post a full 18 hole tour.
Yea, #1 ranked course forever. What's to get excited about. They are quite private. The area around course is the town of Pine Valley. By doing that they skirt certain issues other places have to deal with. One day a year for quite some time, covid sidelined it, they had an Am torney where the course was open for the day to outsiders to come and walk around. The Crump Cup. Maybe some day they will allow spectators back for that day

Might be the most pretentious golf video I've ever watched.

Yea, #1 ranked course forever. What's to get excited about. They are quite private. The area around course is the town of Pine Valley. By doing that they skirt certain issues other places have to deal with. One day a year for quite some time, covid sidelined it, they had an Am torney where the course was open for the day to outsiders to come and walk around. The Crump Cup. Maybe some day they will allow spectators back for that day
I'm really not trying to be sarcastic or dismissive of the course, btw. It's just a really unique situation to me. Unlike some of the other top courses out there, it's just never very visible to the average person, even on a screen.

it's just never very visible to the average person, even on a screen.
For better or worse that is how they like it. As a private club that is also their choice.

The area around course is the town of Pine Valley.
Pine Valley Golf Club is its own municipality complete with mayor, borough hall, police department etc. Census bureau population is like 20 people.

For better or worse that is how they like it. As a private club that is also their choice.

Pine Valley Golf Club is its own municipality complete with mayor, borough hall, police department etc. Census bureau population is like 20 people.
For sure. I definitely don't have anything bad to say about that. Mostly just making observations.

It’s so cool to see the holes like this. I know about Pine Valley and where it sits in the rankings. But I have never gotten a good look at it like you get here.

Beautiful looking course that is for sure.

A bit hyperbolic, but cool nonetheless.

@JB dont tell me it not Pine Valley, blindfold me and drop me off at Hidden Creek and you would not know any better.

I'm really not trying to be sarcastic or dismissive of the course, btw. It's just a really unique situation to me. Unlike some of the other top courses out there, it's just never very visible to the average person, even on a screen.
Written word tough to ascertain. I'm not picking on you Hawk. Thanks posting Jerry Tarde's speak. Place is amazing. My son who is quite a stick and dying to play there. I've told him. Now you need to know a bit about getting to this course. Ha But go park your car across st from the RR tracks and stand next to it. When someone stops on the way in and asks are you OK. You say, yea I'm fine but I'd be great if we were to go play a round today. I told him 50/50 the guy laughs and says come join me. He just won't do it though. But he has befriended a caddie there and is working that angle now. That would be my longshot option to another play.

I agree with this. I have been there. It’s nice. Hidden Creek reminds me of it.
I didn’t enjoy myself as much as I thought I would. Conditions were excellent though

So I just got an email from GD with this video. I didn't realize they had redone this. The one I had shared previously was the one done six years ago. With the Fazio renovation the course has been opened up and lengthened quite a bit. I can not recall all 18 holes. I took meticulous notes about my round immediately after. My personal drama is that I had maybe the worst caddie ever of some 100's of caddies. He was so bad my hosts caddie literally punched my caddie.

So I just got an email from GD with this video. I didn't realize they had redone this. The one I had shared previously was the one done six years ago. With the Fazio renovation the course has been opened up and lengthened quite a bit. I can not recall all 18 holes. I took meticulous notes about my round immediately after. My personal drama is that I had maybe the worst caddie ever of some 100's of caddies. He was so bad my hosts caddie literally punched my caddie.
Uhh..?

Looks like a long round

This one is also always worth a watch:

What one has to remember that at PV there are no yardage markers or markings of distance. Each hole has sprinklers numbered 1 thru how ever many are on that hole. Caddie has a book that knows #3 on hole whatever is a certain distance. I played in 1998 prior to gps devices. Back when my ss was 110 about. So I was totally reliant on caddie for distance. Stand on 14th tee and chat with caddie and he hands me a 6i. I hit it and pure. As it is on the flag the ball is still 60 feet in the air. It hits a tree over the green and deflecks off and goes onto the green. Caddie looks at me and says yea I knew it was a 6i. Host caddie pulls back and pounds my caddie in the shoulder and says, you've seen him hit the ball. How the F can you give him a 6 there, he should have hit 8. About 3 other times on doglegs, how far to corner, how far should I hit it. No problem fire away with driver. Then I'm chipping out of the woods with next shot as I went thru the dogleg. Yea PV and worst caddie I have ever had.

Back