I grew up really close to Pine Valley...it is my mecca. I have played Tobacco Road several times and Golf Magazine calls it Pine Valley on steroids....that is probably just an insult to a place like Pine. Hope to see pics

Well, I played Pine Valley. An amazing golf experience. The hardest course I've ever played by far(and I have played some tough ones). I just missed breaking a hundred but I played pretty well and had some very good holes. It's real hard not to make a few big numbers there. I got to tour the grounds and the short course. It's hard to describe why it so awesome. Too many details. I'll get some pics up when I can in the next day or two. It does live up to the hype.

Great to hear, I can not wait to see those pictures!!!

Thanks Gary,
We look forward to that.

Very cool, Gary. I'm not good enough to be envious, or I would be.

It was easier to make an album and post the link. The pics are decent but doesn't really do it justice. Just cut and paste. Hopefully it works.

http://picasaweb.google.com/cassidy21collin24/PineValley?authkey=Gv1sRgCP2E7Jmvx8OoPA&feat=directlink

Great pics Gary. Beautiful. Where was your THP shirt? hehe just kidding.

Great pics Gary. Beautiful. Where was your THP shirt? hehe just kidding.

Ha. I was thinking of wearing it but I went with some new stuff for the occasion. There are so many details that make it great. Like the driving range with tees set up on the east side and west side so you never have to look into the sun. And the Short Course in which 16 out of 18 holes are near exact replicas (albeit par 3 length) of the original course. It's so exact I stood in the spot I hit my 6 iron cut (in the album) and the trees which were in my way there were the same in the short course(type, width and height).

That is one for the ages then, and that is what this great game is about.

Great photos--your friend was really in trouble in #19 there.

3 comments:

1. Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing.
2. What happens if you do not carry the 240? Do you just hope to find it in the waste area and play from there?
3. The Devils a$$hole is holarious!:devil:

Awesome pictures Gary, im jealous.

3 comments:

1. Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing.
2. What happens if you do not carry the 240? Do you just hope to find it in the waste area and play from there?
3. The Devils a$$hole is holarious!:devil:

That pic is from the championship tee. There is a wooded trail you have to go through to get to the tee box. You are completely surrounded by woods except for the relatively small opening you see there. We played from a tee box that requires a 210 yd carry off to the left. The member told us to go down the trail and check out the tee. Believe me, it's more intimidating in person. And yes, I played from the waste area a couple of times.:bulgy-eyes:

Back