Ping Anser Forged Wedges

I liked Skippy! Why'd he get banned? :confused: :wink:

Tapping till 12-21-2012

I hit the Anser wedge for a bit before finally settling back down into my ATV's. I wanted to @PINGhomer OEM them but without custom grinds and lie change they were useless to me other than feeling great.

Great wedge if your ready to pony up the extra moolah!

Tapping till 12-21-2012

you must of been flushing it to go that low

I usually hit the ball flush, but I've totally neglected my driving and putting to focus on my new clubs. I now have 12 rounds under my belt with my new irons and wedges and can finally start concentrating on my total game. Best score this past week was 75. I'm still enamored with the consistent distance control and building up my feel for the thick clubheads on short pitches and chips. A bonus has been my increased number of sand saves with the 56. I couldn't give a rat's butt that the wedges are forged. The weighting, consistency, and shafts really fit my swing and overall game. With all of these weapons I feel armed to finally get my handicap to dip below 6.

Last edited:
I've been trying to paint fill these wedges but no matter what I do it looks like crap. Thankfully there's Acetone! So far the only fill I've done that looks good is filling "FORGED" with black. If anyone has pictures of a great looking paint fill on these wedges I'd love to see them.

attachment.php

I usually hit the ball flush, but I've totally neglected my driving and putting to focus on my new clubs. I now have 12 rounds under my belt with my new irons and wedges and can finally start concentrating on my total game. Best score this past week was 75. I'm still enamored with the consistent distance control and building up my feel for the thick clubheads on short pitches and chips. A bonus has been my increased number of sand saves with the 56. I couldn't give a rat's butt that the wedges are forged. The weighting, consistency, and shafts really fit my swing and overall game. With all of these weapons I feel armed to finally get my handicap to dip below 6.

The distance control is great for me as well with these as long as I don't hit it thin. I've hit some accidental bombs with my sand wedge. My previous lob and sw were a pair of Hogans that I really liked but had a totally different feel than the Ansers. It took me awhile to get used to them around the green, but I'm extremely confident with the 56 and 60 in just about any situation.

Anyone still gaming these wedges? I know price was a deciding factor for a lot of people, but I saw these in my local GS for $99. Plus I think you can get them on Ebay for cheaper.

I realize these came out about 18 months ago...but for their current price they would seem like a good deal.

Back