PING Blueprint Irons Lineup

How do they compare to your Cobras?
Kind of the same feel comparison as the Edels vs. Blueprint there too. The Edels feel soft and springy compared to both of them, but I think that showed up in all the nicks/bag chatter as well - I’ll be interested to see how the Blueprints wear throughout the season in comparison. I think the King Tour is a much different animal compared to these 2, I moved on from them to make room for these guys and I’ll probably end up wishing I hadn’t at some point 😂.

Reactions: MH
Kind of the same feel comparison as the Edels vs. Blueprint there too. The Edels feel soft and springy compared to both of them, but I think that showed up in all the nicks/bag chatter as well - I’ll be interested to see how the Blueprints wear throughout the season in comparison. I think the King Tour is a much different animal compared to these 2, I moved on from them to make room for these guys and I’ll probably end up wishing I hadn’t at some point 😂.
I'm curious how they'll wear too. There's an edge I kind of have my eye on.

Tell us how much you hated it.

And don't worry, most people find crickets soothing.

Each strike…

Fail Just For Laughs GIF

Everyone should stay away…. Nothing to see here

These sure are pretty. Lots of non Ping people seem to be jumping on these.

@ryang13 any way you could post a side by side pic of your Edel and BPS 5 irons? Looking down at address.

Oh man… they are here and stunning. A shrunk down i230. Going to have 2 hours on the sim this evening for a good old fashioned shake down.
Tell me everything

So far warming up with PW and this thing has turned into repeat. First 7 swings before tagging out with my buddy.

Attachments

• IMG_3128.jpeg
    IMG_3128.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 16
@ryang13 any way you could post a side by side pic of your Edel and BPS 5 irons? Looking down at address.
SMS Pro 5i
IMG_9146.jpeg
IMG_9147.jpeg
Blueprint S 5i
IMG_9148.jpeg
IMG_9149.jpeg
BPS on left
image.jpg
Pretty similar visuals at address to me, Blueprint top line looks a tad thicker.

If I was in the market for irons. Pings could happen for the first time in like… Ever..

Awesome thanks! Little more offset on the BPS as well??
The mfg sites list the Pro 5i offset at 2.3mm and the Blueprint at 0.12” or about 3mm. Good eyes!

Ok, back from the sim round. Thoughts. These are great!! My miss is thin for some reason. I won’t blame the irons, likely a swing fault tonight.

They are consistent and will go on repeat. Had multiple shots in a row with carry distance inside a yard and spin within 50 rpm. The 4 and 5 are stupid easy to hit. I think after a round or two these will be second nature.

Hit the bluepint s 7i today. Beautiful irons. Feel is good, crisp. Feedback on mishits is clear. None of that is surprising. What got me was the distance consistency. Like shots were within 2-3 yards over and over. I would even dare to say there is some pretty good forgiveness, given what these irons are. I can't imagine picking up a set for my game but dang, they put a smile on my face.

1000055654.jpg

10 shots with the S 7i and Chrome Tour X.

I seriously love so many things about these irons. And I'm really excited to play some steel again this year.

Last edited:
Test flight with these last night was a weird one, and not necessarily the best swing day for me, but I’m feeling pretty good about it. Hit some short irons that hop-and-stopped for me, which is nice to see, and a few long irons that made me wonder about that 4i again. Spin seems to be up like we saw in my fitting, and there doesn’t seem to be any big gaps to be concerned with. Looking forward to getting these back out again soon, they feel nice and crisp, and the guys I played with last night had some positive comments about the sound.

Back