PING G20 Fairway Wood - THP Preview

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I will be reviewing the PING G20 fairway wood for the THP home page and just received it today. Had a chance to hit it on the course a few times, but will reserve thoughts until I've been able to take it to the range. This is the 4 wood (16.5°) and I'm really looking forward to seeing how it performs for me. I've never played a PING wood, so this should be fun!

Here are some pics:

The crown is a gray finish:

DSC01646.jpg

The face isn't too shallow or too deep:

DSC01647.jpg

The sole is really nice looking:

DSC01648.jpg

I've had the chance to hit this a few times, and I really liked it. I think you will too.

Wow I actually like the looks!!

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Looks very clean, looking forward to your review.

Ping clubs don't usually impress me with their looks but I REALLY like the look of that one!

• Staff
I like the look as well. The shaft has some very cool graphics too. I didn't notice them at first, but I'm going to take some pictures soon.

I play the very same one. Amazing wood here. Easy to get the ball in the air once you get used to it, and it has absurd amounts of forgiveness. I tend to toe my misses but still only lose about 10 yards most times! I think you'll really like this wood Hawk.

Good looking club, except I am not a fan on the alignment aide. Too much going on for me, personally.

Love the look of the sole of the club.

I like the looks on the G20 series but the driver/series just isn't for me. But I'm interested in how well you hit it.

Great looking club. I really like the alignment marking, and the sole design.

looks good. Can't wait to hear your results.

Good looking club, except I am not a fan on the alignment aide. Too much going on for me, personally.

Love the look of the sole of the club.

I agree, though when you're hitting this club the alignment aid doesn't even register, at least for me. I thought it would be a problem at first, but it's turned out fine.

The sole is one of the betyer looking ones I've seen. That's about as good a picture as you can take, but that still doesn't do this club justice. Ping outdid themselves this time.

Wow I really like the look of this thing. Ping you may have a winner here. If it performs as well as it looks I may be considering it

Great pictures Hawk!!!!!!!

Hawk great pics buddy, I like that the club is so shiny that I can see you looking back at me.

Love the looks and am looking forward to the review.

Looks sharp, can't wait to read your thoughts on it Hawk

I am really looking forward to some of you upcomig reviews Hawk. Some really solid looking equipment in your test bag.

I think this is going to be money for you Hawk. I've always enjoyed hitting Ping's fairway woods over the past few years, just hated pony'ing up the coin to pay for them. I'll be interested to hear if you struggle at all with hooking this thing. When I demo'd the G15 and K15 3woods, I loved everything about them, except for the odd massive hook. One thing's for sure, they are hard to slice.

Nice pics Hawk, I like the way this club looks. LOoiking forward to hearing your thoughts.

I like the look as well. The shaft has some very cool graphics too. I didn't notice them at first, but I'm going to take some pictures soon.

Which shaft is in this one?

I like the look of this a lot. Interested to hear how it performs.

Looking forward to reading your review Hawk. I also really like the look of this club and also like how they threw in a little style with the alignment aid; different but cool IMO.

This is a sharp looking club and looking forward to your take on how this performs. I like the not too thin or tall but just right head size!

IMO this looks better than the driver, not sure why but it does. Looking forward to your thoughts

Like someone said earlier, normally I see Ping equipment and they do nothing for me. This club is very nice looking. I would venture to call it classic with a touch of modern. I like it alot. Look forward to the reviews.

Back