PING G430 Fairway Woods and Hybrids Preview

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Rounding out their new G430 line of golf clubs, PING is offering a robust selection of fairway woods and hybrids. While only incorporating it into the LST version of their 2023 drivers, they have outfitted every fairway wood and hybrid with a new composite crown called “CarbonFly Wrap”, which they believe is “key to more distance and green-holding stopping power.”

Continue reading...

I actually really like the way that hybrid looks. The fwy doesn't look bad either, both are better than the driver

• Staff
I actually really like the way that hybrid looks. The fwy doesn't look bad either, both are better than the driver

Agree that the hybrid looks great.

I liked the shaping of the prior gen line gaming both a hybrid and the sft 5w and agree, they seemed to refine it a bit. I like it

I'll have to hit a hybrid. I did actually own and play a G425 3 hybrid when they first came out. And a FW actually. I'll stick with giving the hybrid a go though. I just don't love the look and shaping of the fairways.

The fairway woods have a great deal more of camber on the sole than the G425. I think people will like a little more rounded bottom look. The G425 was pretty flat

The fairway woods have a great deal more of camber on the sole than the G425. I think people will like a little more rounded bottom look. The G425 was pretty flat
That's true, it was. Is. Didn't love that in wet conditions.

Thanks for the information @Hawk !

My friend at Ping said the hybrid is the club to beat in this entire lineup.

Shape is very nice. I could see that in my bag easily, just based on looks.

did he venmo you to say that? :LOL: I kid of course.

I didn't try the 425 hybrid, but their 410 hybrids were really good right @Jman

did he venmo you to say that? :LOL: I kid of course.

I didn't try the 425 hybrid, but their 410 hybrids were really good right @Jman
Hahah. I laughed out loud. He wasn't the biggest fan of the new drivers, but liked these a lot.

20230110_122005.jpg

Hybrid looks expectedly good.

20230110_122231.jpg

Interesting gloss to matte change on the Alta CB too.

20230110_122909.jpg

Not sure I'm seeing that fairway camber.

20230110_123508.jpg

I mean it has some, but we're struggling to see the more.

As much as I hate the driver, these actually look really freaking good. Look forward to seeing them in person at some point.

Maybe the other model?
I grabbed a bunch of them and a couple of us tried to look for more. 🤷‍♂️ Might show up in play.

These look pretty decent. Not my favorite, but nicer than i woul have expected. I am always kinda meh about Ping for no real reason. I need to give them a fair shake though.

The look of the crown at address reminds me of another club but i cant quite place it...

I’ve tried to love the hybrids and just don’t get their appeal. Cobra and Callaway both way out preform them for me.

The face on the Ping hybrid has always looked funny to me. I tried hard to love a G425 4H and ended up with a Fli-Hi 4 iron.

I’m bumping this thread for a question. @Hawk When they gave you the info on this release did they mention the HL or “high launch” versions of these clubs? It’s so strange they would create it and not shout about it.

@OldandStiff can you see the face of the hybrid at address? It looks kind of interesting and potentially helpful in setting up the club square. Not that any internet golfer would ever have trouble doing that...

Back