Was hitting balls inside at the golf dome here in Columbus today, and two guys hitting behind me were talking about the i20's. The one dude owned them, the other was there just to try his buddies set out...dude was talking them up a ton. It took everything I had in me not to be the weird guy to turn around and ask "hey, can I hit those?"

Hell, they could've been THP'ers for all I know. Should've just been a weirdo and asked.

Chunky, I meant what set of irons? Sorry for not being clear.
I can't get these irons out of my head. Its a ponder.

Sorry man. I was playing the Nike Pro Combos

Sorry man. I was playing the Nike Pro Combos

Thanks, Chunk. I guess I gotta hit these. I loved the forgiveness of the G20's but couldn't get along with the wide sole. These might be the ticket....

Who are these irons geared toward specifically? Just curious as to whether Ping is trying to hit that scratch - mid handicapper range with these since their G series is geared toward the mid -high range. (I'm no Ping expert, so maybe I'm off of this.)

On a side note, I'd like to spend some time comparing these to my 53's.

I look forward to all the updates on the i20 irons. For me I'm no longer pondering.

Took the 7 iron yellow dot steel 1/2 over demo out on the course today and was delly impressed. These are 8-12 yards longer than my TM MCs. I was needing with the regular Cfs shaft and though the flight was a bit high I could easily live with the regular flex. I will set up the stiff tomoroww. And hit them from the same spots on the course. I am dead in between the reg and stiff on the fitting chart with these. Trying to get some real world experience.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I look forward to all the updates on the i20 irons. For me I'm no longer pondering.

Haha, that's an epic OEM. Pretty sure you haven't hit the DPC's yet right? The OEM title clearly back in your corner. I love it.

Actually I did not OEM i20 irons. And no longer on the ponder list.

Because you bought the CB3's to quench your iron thirst, right?

Tap before talk.

Ah darn. Was hoping to hit them

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Who are these irons geared toward specifically? Just curious as to whether Ping is trying to hit that scratch - mid handicapper range with these since their G series is geared toward the mid -high range. (I'm no Ping expert, so maybe I'm off of this.)

On a side note, I'd like to spend some time comparing these to my 53's.

When the testing starts up we can hopefully answer that for you.

When the testing starts up we can hopefully answer that for you.

I think that Ping has found a happy medium set with the i20s, where the clubs will work for all sorts of golfers. The long irons are super forgiving, almost G20ish while the set gets progressively smaller and less offset as you move. In my opinion, even the higher handicappers can benefit from smaller and less offset short irons because of the shot dispersion. Clunky short irons lead to inconsistent distance control and I believe higher lofted clubs are forgiving enough to begin with. Ping always has an answer, and I think the i20s have nailed it.

I would not call the long irons in this set G20ish. You still need to put a quality strike on the ball to get good results. The long irons are nice but I just don't want people thinking that the 5I is a SGI iron.

I would not call the long irons in this set G20ish. You still need to put a quality strike on the ball to get good results. The long irons are nice but I just don't want people thinking that the 5I is a SGI iron.

I couldn't agree more Chunkywankenobi. Though the offset goes up and the profile of the club (height) shortens I wouldn't put them at the G20 forgiveness scale. Not to say they aren't a kick arse blend for the set, just don't think they are true SGI's in the lower lofts.

That said, I had dreams of these last night....and I think my wife is jealous. LOL

I couldn't agree more Chunkywankenobi. Though the offset goes up and the profile of the club (height) shortens I wouldn't put them at the G20 forgiveness scale. Not to say they aren't a kick arse blend for the set, just don't think they are true SGI's in the lower lofts.

That said, I had dreams of these last night....and I think my wife is jealous. LOL

Haha I've been married long enough that my wife doesn't care. She's happy when I leave her alone.

Where is the i20 testing thread? who got picked

Haha I've been married long enough that my wife doesn't care. She's happy when I leave her alone.

Haha, nice! When I told mine I got picked to test the PING's her direct reply was, "So you'll need to golf more, right?" LOL

Why yes dear, I will!

Where is the i20 testing thread? who got picked

Buried I think for now until the clubs arrive and the official testing thread goes up.

Myself, Butters35, and Griff were picked.

Buried I think for now until the clubs arrive and the official testing thread goes up.

Myself, Butters35, and Griff were picked.

thats awesome!! Congrats!

thats awesome!! Congrats!

Thanks buddy. Its been a crazy cool experience already and we don't even have the clubs yet. I can't wait to share what I came up with for mine!

I popped in GG for lunch, (had to get out of the office today) and took another peek at these. I compared them to the G20's and noticed that the actual hitting area is the same size. You have a thicker top line, offset, and all that good stuff on the G20's but the hitting area looked the same to me.

Back