JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Slowly trickling out to tour although it will be awhile before they come to retail or info is ready.

BAA82A1B-7227-40EE-8282-DCED5736A9E2.jpeg

Whole lot of other great irons out there to be delayed so much longer than everybody else…

People have been waiting a long time for these. Especially with how the i59 were received.

291866908_792274302179066_2155814627457854787_n.jpg290762418_572277131219070_7971463293987918852_n.jpg

Victor didn't stick with the 59 very long, and had that odd combo going. Looks like more of a straight set of these in his bag.

Shaping is interesting. Some traditional elements to it. Simple lines.

Last edited:
Look decent, interesting to see more features any idea on embargo date for more details.

I would play them

This is likely the only iron I’ve seen that could potentially make it in the bag next season (pending Apex lineup). I like the simple look. I’m wondering if it’s a progressive set that has hollow long irons? Price kept me away from i59. Maybe this is it.

Ping is such a weird OEM

• Admin
Look decent, interesting to see more features any idea on embargo date for more details.
From everything I know, think late late this year moving into next year.

From everything I know, think late late this year moving into next year.
Kinda like the Blueprint irons... worst kept secret in golf. On tour for almost a year before details were released. Majority of their pros (at least online) is showing they play i210s. As an admitted Ping homer (because of the i200s) I've held out hope for these but excitement wanes as time goes on. Seems it would be a September release if they are going to do it. January likely brings up a new G435? lineup.

Ping is such a weird OEM
I used to be a Ping homer, but they've completely lost me. It almost seems like they're sharing a marketing department with Wilson.

I used to be a Ping homer, but they've completely lost me. It almost seems like they're sharing a marketing department with Wilson.
Just don't understand the reasoning behind what they do

Kinda like the Blueprint irons... worst kept secret in golf. On tour for almost a year before details were released. Majority of their pros (at least online) is showing they play i210s. As an admitted Ping homer (because of the i200s) I've held out hope for these but excitement wanes as time goes on. Seems it would be a September release if they are going to do it. January likely brings up a new G435? lineup.
Based on the current info, which changes weekly from this company, it will not be a September release.

They certainly look much better than the i210s

They nailed the looks, super clean. Looks like i210, iblade and i59 had a child.

I'll definitely get a set. Absolutely loving my Blueprint/i525 combo setup right now but super excited to play these.

Based on the current info, which changes weekly from this company, it will not be a September release.

maybe they’ll do another release where it’s different based upon which part of the world you’re in.

This company is losing their marbles imo. These releases and release dates that keep getting pushed are just crazy.

The old “we are PING, people will buy” thing isn’t going to work forever.

i don’t know what it is but there’s nothing about these visuals that resonates with me.

This company is losing their marbles imo. These releases and release dates that keep getting pushed are just crazy.

Exactly. I’ve been waiting on these. I’m really looking forward to the new Apex line more now

It sure didn't work out with the i59. It's tough get on board with anyone or anything as scattered as they've been. You can't plan anything with all the uncertainty.

Looks like an iblade replacement. That was the best iron ping made. Will be curious to see these.

Lol, the release dates only bug internet guys. Play with so many people who have Ping and no one even knows or talks about what is next. It's kind of nice in a way to play a company that isn't releasing things all the time. I play Ping now, but I have multiple brands in my bag and in the golf room. See a lot of Ping on the PGA/LPGA too.. I think they are doing just fine for 99.99% of the golf world.

Lol, the release dates only bug internet guys. Play with so many people who have Ping and no one even knows or talks about what is next. It's kind of nice in a way to play a company that isn't releasing things all the time. I play Ping now, but I have multiple brands in my bag and in the golf room. See a lot of Ping on the PGA/LPGA too.. I think they are doing just fine for 99.99% of the golf world.
They are playing old Ping. Other than my G425 Driver (it’s only part time in play) and the G425 4H (only because what I wanted from Cobra was temp out of stock) I don’t see any Ping clubs on the course. Not even the G irons. They make great stuff. Just can’t get it

Tons of i210 (which is just being replaced now) and Blueprints out there (newest blade model). Kind of nice seeing them being allowed to play older stuff if they want to. I59 only new model you would expect in a pro bag as the i525 are not aimed at them. Then you have other guys with other brands putting the new headcovers on older woods.

Last edited:
That first line isn't even remotely true. A ton of players are fed up with their business model the last couple years. The ones that don't care are the peoole that will buy whatever comes out whenever it comes out, because it's Ping. Those are the people they're slowly losing, and the current lack of direction, communication, and any sense that they have a plan isn't exactly bringing fresh ones charging in. I actually feel bad for the reps, because the position they've been putting them in makes them sound like idiots when they try to answer questions.

You know those players on the PGA/Lpga are paid to play their stuff, right?

Last edited:
That first line isn't even remotely true. A ton of players are fed up with their business model the last couple years. The ones that don't care are the peoole that will buy whatever comes out whenever it comes out, because it's Ping. Those are the people they're slowly losing, and the current lack of direction, communication, and any sense that they have a plan isn't exactly bringing fresh ones charging in. I actually feel bad for the reps, because the position they've been putting them in makes them sound like idiots when they try to answer questions.

You know those players PGA/Logan are paid to play their stuff, right?
Exactly. The i59 seems to be a miss based on pricing. Edel SMS has something new. They brought a product out that can show a difference. I get some cost and pricing on that front. For $1200 I’d game the i59. Not for $1750. Im betting the i230 is 1500 or more. Mizuno, Cobra, Titleist, Callaway… all significant savings and great performance. May have to track down some 223s.

Back