Ping K15 Irons & Hybrids

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
These arrived a couple of days ago and we wanted to make sure and get some pictures up for everybody. It is the iron and hybrid set of the new Ping K15s. The set makeup we have is 4 & 5 hybrid and 6-AW in irons.

999488369_pXDY3-L-1.jpg

999488356_kQdv4-L-1.jpg

999488310_Vt4rF-L-1.jpg

999488330_rmHnU-L-1.jpg

999488277_gMLbp-L-1.jpg

999488287_MRsbM-L-1.jpg

999488293_Pouwm-L-1.jpg

999488252_BTN9Q-L-1.jpg

is there any difference between these and the g 15's besides having a "k" instead of a "g"? they look remarkably similar.

hmmm, I guess I would need to swing them, not a big PING fan. But they look ok, nothing too impressive

• Admin
is there any difference between these and the g 15's besides having a "k" instead of a "g"? they look remarkably similar.

They do look similar, but they are different clubs. I have not swung them side by side though. Hopefully will do that at the outing.

what makes them different? i mean, according to ping, or you?

I was hoping to hit the g15 hybrids at the outing. I had hit them a couple of times at the store and they felt great!! I will now look forward to trying these out instead.

the hybrid looks like it has a ton of offset or is that just the angle of the picture? the irons look a little like the G15's only with less weight behind the club at the top. they must launch super high....

• Admin
what makes them different? i mean, according to ping, or you?

According to them. As I have not hit both yet.

K15 has different internal weighting. They appear to have a shallower face as well.

K15 seems to be more neutral at setup with their draw bias inside based on internal weighting.

The K15s also have the Ti face.

They also appear to have a slightly wider sole.

They replaced the Rapture V2 line, but I was surprised that the Tungsten weighting was not still there. I know that they came down in price dramatically from the Rapture V2 and I have a feeling that is why. In my opinion, these are almost a hybrid type of line between the G15 and the Rapture V2. This still leaves the door open for another high end max GI set like the Rapture, but sales were just not that good.

Again, only my opinion, but most high handicappers were not willing to pay the kind of prices associated with the tech materials in the Rapture line.

I like the looks of these clubs and I think the color scheme is much better than the Raptures. They just scream forgiveness but have a standard Ping look which I do like at times. This being one of them ha. Still think K15 sounds like a clone club.

yeah, that makes complete sense to me. funny thing though, is that i heard that anyone who actually took the time to demo the rapture line was blown away by them, but a thousand dollar investment makes that a little tougher to swallow i suppose. it's amazing the cult like following of the g15's, hopefully these will pick that ball up and run with it.

I'm still using one of the Rapture hybrids. Can't fault it at all.

Hopefully these play kinda similar.

Can't say I like the look of these irons. Definitely don't entice me at all. I'm sure there'll be plenty of people that like them on the back of the G15's success though

I definately like the look (and price) of these more then the Rapture line and these and the G15's are on my radar for next year if I decide to upgrade Irons.

They are definitely different looking, but I think the same about every PING iron. I'm scared to try these out, because if they work my year-end bonus is going to be taking a hit.

They don't look any different than the I 15's.

From the back I would agree with you. But the sole is definitely different than the I15's
They don't look any different than the I 15's.

I don't know much about Ping irons, but is there such thing as a Ping fade biased iron, or any other brand since I already hit a draw ?

I don't know much about Ping irons, but is there such thing as a Ping fade biased iron, or any other brand since I already hit a draw ?

I think so. There are not a ton irons with "onset" rather than offset, but they can be found. For Ping, I think the i15s offer weighting that can assist with that as well in my opinion.

Well I was hoping these would be an option to replace my Cleveland XLi Hibore set.......not digging the look of the hybrids too much from the photos. I'll have to wait and hit'em to see if these have a chance to find a home in the bag!

Not specifically, generally a "players" iron will have far less offset and not encourage such a dramatic draw shape to your shot.

Look at the S56 and 57 irons, as well as the i15 irons to compare and you'll see what I'm talking about.

John-check out my review of the G15's. I thought they would be the perfect option for those wanting hybrid performance without the look of a hybrid.
http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=10081

Well I was hoping these would be an option to replace my Cleveland XLi Hibore set.......not digging the look of the hybrids too much from the photos. I'll have to wait and hit'em to see if these have a chance to find a home in the bag!

I really haven't seen too much of a change in appearance between the g10-g15-k15. Other than graphics

Ping K 15

Ping K 15

Was wondering if anyone out there has played any of Pings K 15 line? What was your opinion? And how it compared to previous clubs?

Thanks

Was wondering if anyone out there has played any of Pings K 15 line? What was your opinion? And how it compared to previous clubs?

Thanks

I have only played the driver and I liked it a lot. something about my swing speed and that driver, plus stiff shaft...just gel!!

Back