Ping Precision Milled Anser Putters

Is that actually a "sound slot" on one of them or just a marking? If so can you tell the difference between the two and is this a standard feature or a WRX option?

Yes it is a very thin sound slot. I believe it is a standard feature.

I like the looks of these, but I agree with some of the others, I don't know that I have ever hit a putter without an alignment aide other than maybe one of those old bullseye putters at the putt putt place :D

Not sure about the model without the alignment aid though.

That is the only on without an alignment line out of the 7. It was meant to be like the original anser putter, Ping made the exact same putter with the line, it is the number 1.

Yes it is a very thin sound slot. I believe it is a standard feature.

It is not a standard feature, but you can have one miled into your putter if you custom order your putter from Ping

I was trying these out at the local Golftown and like what I saw but for some reason I felt they were over priced. Can't really say why I feel that way but that was my feeling when I gave them a go.

It is not a standard feature, but you can have one miled into your putter if you custom order your putter from Ping

Hmmm.
This would be a first in that they have never sent us a special order item in 3 years.
I will call them in the morning.

I'm liking the lack of the paint on the #5. also liking the milled face. Loved the Redwood line, great feel and balance.

Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

Hmmm.
This would be a first in that they have never sent us a special order item in 3 years.

Sorry, the anser (no number) has a standard sound slot, but the Anser 1-6 does not have one standard, sorry about that

Edit - The reason I know this is because I live right next to the Ping nFlight center and went and got fit for my #3

Last edited:
Sorry, the anser (no number) has a standard sound slot, but the Anser 1-6 does not have one standard, sorry about that

Gotcha, that is what I figured. I was pretty sure that they always send us standard.

Absolutely love the finish they are putting on the Anser line.

Pretty. Not 300 bucks pretty, but pretty.

Simple and clean, id game if I didn't have to buy, a little pricey

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

I got a sweet deal on on one of these the other day and it is working very well for me. I got the one with no number which has the sound slot and I love the feedback and sound. I also like not having a sight line or dot. On another note I have been practicing with the iPing app and it has forced me to be much more consistent with my stroke which has helped tremendously.

Great looking line for Ping... I'd like to try their whole fitting system with the iPod and see if my putting would improve.

On another note I have been practicing with the iPing app and it has forced me to be much more consistent with my stroke which has helped tremendously.
I used the Ping app to select my last Ping putter and I have never rolled better.

I rolled this club many times at Golfsmith and love it as well. The app shows I need Slight Arc (and purchased my putter accordingly). I'd love this putter, but can't let go of the hundys to get it. I liked this flatstick better than the Cameron or the Method personally.

Got my Ping Scottsdale new for $129 and could only see myself with the Anser Milled if it was given to me as a gift.

I haven't taken mine out to a course or practice green, I have only been using it in the house. I am really in love with it. The entire package with these is outstanding.

The sound slot model is on my wish list. I have a couple of Redwoods and I love the feel and sound. Pure feedback and not too soft. I was hoping Ping would make the Anser Milled heads heavier around 360g. I'll probably will go thru the wrx dept.

I love the way they mill the face.

I just picked up the Anser 4 this past week. I've only got to hit it in my local golf shop on their putting green and I played 9 with it last night. After the 9 I think I have a few adjustments I'd like to make to it, but it was rolling really nice for me and I love the feel. I plan on playing 18 this weekend and after that I'm going see what adjustments I'd like to make and go from there.
It has me excited about the year... If I can get the putter going and sinking more putts inside 10 ft, I can get down to scratch...

Congrats - still waiting for mine to arrive :angry:I used the Ping app so hopefully I won't need adjustments but just curious what you were going to do to yours.

I just picked up the Anser 4 this past week. I've only got to hit it in my local golf shop on their putting green and I played 9 with it last night. After the 9 I think I have a few adjustments I'd like to make to it, but it was rolling really nice for me and I love the feel. I plan on playing 18 this weekend and after that I'm going see what adjustments I'd like to make and go from there.
It has me excited about the year... If I can get the putter going and sinking more putts inside 10 ft, I can get down to scratch...

Congrats - still waiting for mine to arrive :angry:I used the Ping app so hopefully I won't need adjustments but just curious what you were going to do to yours.

I picked up the 35", but I'll prob have it cut down 1/2" - 1" depending on what my fitter suggests. I may want to flatten the lie angle a degree as well... but I'm going to see how it sits after I cut it down first.

Cool - good luck. I've always played 34-35" myself and the app said 35.5" so I'm curious to see if that feels too long for me - easier to cut than add, though.

I picked up the 35", but I'll prob have it cut down 1/2" - 1" depending on what my fitter suggests. I may want to flatten the lie angle a degree as well... but I'm going to see how it sits after I cut it down first.

Could not get the Nome down. Purchased the Anser 1 Thursday, so far so good.

Could not get the Nome down. Purchased the Anser 1 Thursday, so far so good.

Were you fit for the #1 or was that a guess? With the seven different options I think a fitting is crucial.

Rolled this the other day. Not bad, but I wasnt wowed in any way.

Were you fit for the #1 or was that a guess? With the seven different options I think a fitting is crucial.

A fitting is always a good idea, but I don't think the 7 different models makes it so crucial. Ping has them ID'd for straight stroke, slight arc, and strong arc, so if you know where you fall on that scale then you can just use personal choice after that. I kind of wanted the Anser 3 because of the shorter hosel, but I settled for the Anser 1 because I could get one pre-owned. Everyone should consider getting fit for lenth and lie no matter what putter they are buying. I had already been fit, so I knew I needed 34" and orange dot and was lucky to get one on the cheap.

Rolled this the other day. Not bad, but I wasnt wowed in any way.

I think they are softest feeling, non-insert putters on the market. I was rolling the Anser vs. Scotty Cameron, a couple of Bettinardi models, Odyssey Pro type and Nike Method putters. All of those are premium putters, and I would have been happy to take any of them home. I think the Odyssey and Scotty had the best balance, and the Answer had the softest feel, but they were all fantastic putters. My next putter will probably be a Betti QB2.

Back