PING Releases 2013 Equipment Lineup - Live Chat

These things look like stealth bombers. The FW and hybos are slick.

I love the look of the Anser hybrid, can't wait to see it in person!!!
ping-anser-hybrid.jpg

My first question would be, why such a more streamlined, and for lack of a better word, basic headcover?

Is it just me or do the new Anser irons look way better than the ones they're replacing?

Sent from my HTC One X

They remind me of i20's in ways. I like them. Lots of good looking gear right there.

Should be exciting to see what they bring to the table. Love my i20 though

Deeply intrigued by the hybrids and wedges....love the dark look of everything.

Those fairways and hybo's look SICK! PING is absolutely bringing it lately, I'm super intrigued and cannot wait to eventually get to hit all of these clubs. I love this place, just another reason THP is so dang awesome!

This is why I hate being away for a couple days, I miss awesome news like this, and there is always something amazing in the works!

These clubs have a simple but sexy look I really like. Looking forward to hearing more about them.

$1600 for the irons... The irons look great, the hybrid looks great... not so sure about the driver and fairway woods. I'm sure the product will be great, but wow these are really expensive.

The new line looks smart. Ping have really brought it lately with the i20 and G20 lines, so I'm interested to see just what the Anser line is all about.

Did I read correctly that the adjustment on the woods is loft only, not face angle? That's interesting.

$1600 for the irons... The irons look great, the hybrid looks great... not so sure about the driver and fairway woods. I'm sure the product will be great, but wow these are really expensive.

That's MSRP. Actual retail price will likely be lower.

I don't know how much cheaper they really will be. PING doesn't really do discounts.

Wow these things are beauties. Too rich for my blood though. I couldnt ever justify spending that kind of $$$ on clubs.

I don't know how much cheaper they really will be. PING doesn't really do discounts.

Oh. Well that is expensive then.

Yep. Usually MSRP is the actual price for PING.

The thing that really screams expensive is a $275 fairway wood with a PING shaft... They do not make the highest quality shafts so any sort of aftermarket shaft installed by PING (when ordered to maintain warranty) is going to make this 3 Wood $300+

The thing that really screams expensive is a $275 fairway wood with a PING shaft... They do not make the highest quality shafts so any sort of aftermarket shaft installed by PING (when ordered to maintain warranty) is going to make this 3 Wood $300+

I actually disagree wholeheartedly. For stock shafts I believe PING puts in more research than most out there to get the best shaft for their club to fit the masses as a whole. Obviously, some of us know what works or doesn't for our swings but for the average joe who isn't that knowledgeable they do one hell of a good job at selecting a shaft that will work well for many. Plus, they aren't cheapo's despite the generic paint, they are manufactured by many of the BIG shaft manufacturers out there. Just because its not a bright and flashy name on the shaft, does not mean it is cheap and not a good quality shaft.

I think PING put fantastic shafts in their products.

Those fairways and hybo's look SICK! PING is absolutely bringing it lately, I'm super intrigued and cannot wait to eventually get to hit all of these clubs. I love this place, just another reason THP is so dang awesome!

This is why I hate being away for a couple days, I miss awesome news like this, and there is always something amazing in the works!

Once again it's dangerous (and expensive) to agree with Jman!

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I actually disagree wholeheartedly. For stock shafts I believe PING puts in more research than most out there to get the best shaft for their club to fit the masses as a whole. Obviously, some of us know what works or doesn't for our swings but for the average joe who isn't that knowledgeable they do one hell of a good job at selecting a shaft that will work well for many. Plus, they aren't cheapo's despite the generic paint, they are manufactured by many of the BIG shaft manufacturers out there. Just because its not a bright and flashy name on the shaft, does not mean it is cheap and not a good quality shaft.

My info on their shafts comes from a well known clubmaker in the business. They aren't garbage, but they sure as hell aren't good. An average joe (including myself) can't tell much of a difference, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

I don't really know anything about their shafts aside from saying that Jrod, who is a true long knocker, had better numbers from his stock X shaft from PING than he did with a GD Di something or other.

I agree that the whole line is pricey, but it seems that isn't anything new from PING.

My info on their shafts comes from a well known clubmaker in the business. They aren't garbage, but they sure as hell aren't good. An average joe (including myself) can't tell much of a difference, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

I still disagree completely. Their R&D doesn't just randomly pick a shaft for their clubs, that's not how PING does things. Remember, clubs aren't put out for shaft snobs and tinkerers, we are a VERY small percentage of the market, they are made to fit the general public as best as they can and PING does one hell of a good job at that. They don't fit me well, but I have seen them fit many very VERY well...including a LOT of guys on here.

I still disagree completely. Their R&D doesn't just randomly pick a shaft for their clubs, that's not how PING does things. Remember, clubs aren't put out for shaft snobs and tinkerers, we are a VERY small percentage of the market, they are made to fit the general public as best as they can and PING does one hell of a good job at that. They don't fit me well, but I have seen them fit many very VERY well...including a LOT of guys on here.

exactly... The majority of the public doesn't need a high quality shaft and typically needs something that will get the ball up in the air; hence, why you need to get digitally lofted clubs these days because you can get a 11* driver that is stamped 9.5* on it. They do a fantastic job of catering to the public and I agree with you that the shaft caters to a lot of weekend hackers (myself included), but that doesn't mean the shaft is fantastic... it means the shaft caters to lower caliber players. How many tour pros hit PING's stock shaft? Zero. The reason the shaft doesn't fit you is because you probably have a high swing and need some good shaft technology to help your game.

There is a difference between a high quality shaft and a shaft that fits the majority of the people buying them. PING produces shafts that fit the public and the public typically doesn't need to much shaft.

exactly... The majority of the public doesn't need a high quality shaft and typically needs something that will get the ball up in the air; hence, why you need to get digitally lofted clubs these days because you can get a 11* driver that is stamped 9.5* on it. They do a fantastic job of catering to the public and I agree with you that the shaft caters to a lot of weekend hackers (myself included), but that doesn't mean the shaft is fantastic... it means the shaft caters to lower caliber players. How many tour pros hit PING's stock shaft? Zero. The reason the shaft doesn't fit you is because you probably have a high swing and need some good shaft technology to help your game.

There is a difference between a high quality shaft and a shaft that fits the majority of the people buying them. PING produces shafts that fit the public and the public typically doesn't need to much shaft.

We are arguing the same thing now, you know that, right?

As to the pro's comment of course not, there is ONE company who's pro's rock "stock" shafts and its because they are intertwined with eachother. You simply cannot call the PING stock shafts low quality though just because they don't fit less than 10% of the golfing population. That is just grasping at straws.

Now, back to the clubs at hand if you will, the Anser line is SESSY in my opinion.

Back