Playing without a glove

smgoldstein

2022 Goat Cupper
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I play with a glove, except for putting. Have been doing it forever. However, it hit me the other day in the middle of a round that when I practice I don't wear a glove. (I have a net and mat in my garage during the season where I practice) So I played the last several holes without a glove. Played better those holes, but have my reservations if it was because I was sans glove. Will play without the glove next time.

I'm guessing most golfers wear gloves.

I'm a "glove on for full shots" kinda guy, regardless of playing on the course or practicing on the range.

Around the green I'm usually gloveless but don't really have an issue leaving it on, even for putting.

I prefer not to wear a glove. I think I get better feel without it. That and Lamkin 360 greys and I am good.

Had one of my better rounds this year with no glove on entire round

Never wear a glove, hate the loss of feel and since switching to TV's my hands no longer take a beating.

Don’t wear a glove, but also use leather grips. Lead hand wear is the biggest issue but tape works

I’ll practice hitting into the net for short periods without a glove, but I’ll get a blister on my thumb if I hit too many bare handed. I could putt without it but I never bother taking it off.

I pretty much wear a glove and usually don't even take it off for putting. I have golfed a few times without one and it didn't really bother me.

Funny timing on this post!

Earlier this week my last glove (buy in bulk at start of season) wore out and I didn’t want to buy another when our season is closing soon and I won’t get it shipped up here in time. Anyway, I’ve played my last 5 rounds without a glove and I am not loving it. I feel the club slipping and I’m getting way more mis-hits.

Definitely need to keep an emergency spare in my bag for next year!

I play with a glove, except for putting. Have been doing it forever. However, it hit me the other day in the middle of a round that when I practice I don't wear a glove. (I have a net and mat in my garage during the season where I practice) So I played the last several holes without a glove. Played better those holes, but have my reservations if it was because I was sans glove. Will play without the glove next time.

I'm guessing most golfers wear gloves.
I'm weird, but I practice without a glove and may or may not use a glove on the course. I think if I had to lean either way I'd use the glove for whatever slight added grip it may provide.

I’m a left hand glove righty. I usually chip and putt with no glove. Played a cold wet round on Saturday and kept rain gloves on most of the round. Touch on the greens was surprisingly good with both gloves on.

Can't do it, I would throw a club without a glove in the florida summer

I only wear a glove in very high humidity and I take it off for putting. I bet I only wear a glove for a dozen rounds a year if that.

Been wearing a glove for full swing shots for 40 years so don't think will ever change.

never wear a glove. can't find a right hand glove(for lefty) around here. Never needed on, besides, I'd get tired of taking off, putting on.

Don’t putt with a glove. Sometimes I chip without also.
Here’s the thing though, I only like one certain glove, so if mines wore out I’ll go without, I won’t just buy any old ordinary glove because I need one. If the shop is out of what I use, then I’m gloveless.

i don't wear a glove at all...i'm kinda jealous because there are some nice looking gloves out there and i have no need to buy one. give me the facts that will mandate that i wear a glove and i will gladly comply.

I always wear a glove, don't see that every changing. I putt with my glove on.

Gloves are a scam started by the companies that sell gloves. 😂😂😂 Once I switched to Tour G 50 grips, I don't really use a glove any more except when I practice. If you have Multi-Compound or grips with cords, unless you're super human, you probably require a glove.

My grip is so solid with the GP CP2 Pros I use on all but my putter that I've never felt the need for a glove.

Glove on for everything but putting. 50/50 between chip and putt when I'm on the fringe. I will put my glove back on to chip if I had taken it off at that point. I just like the feel of having one on for everything but the putter.

I stopped wearing a glove over 5 years ago and haven't looked back. I also have Pure DTX grips which help with not wearing one.

Back