Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
What’s your go to right now?

• Staff
I’m still BIG into Puma and making a return into my beloved Matte Grey.

But, I’ve got some johnnie-O love too, soooooo good.

I think it depends on if you are talking about shoes, polos, shorts, etc.

Love straight down polos but don’t feel they hold up well - too many pulls in the fabric. My goto is Peter Millar for fit.

Puma and Stitch have been doing it for me.

Screenshot_20230627_120328_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20230627_120427_Chrome.jpg

• Staff
Was straight down.

Now Peter Millar with some Johnnie - O thrown in.

Johnnie-O and Black Quail

Outside of Puma I really have come to like Johnnie-O....except the price. Puma is hard to beat for price and quality..

Three Stars for my shirts. Shorts I really don't have an alliance as long as they are 9" inseam as I am short, lol.

Travis Mathew for me. They fit like I like and I like the variety of patterns I can get with the polos. I do have a few Puma Jackpot shorts, but usually it's all TM.

For shoes I have Jordan ADG's

Outside of Puma I really have come to like Johnnie-O....except the price. Puma is hard to beat for price and quality..
I’ll admit, I don’t like the trend on the collars of some of their shirts, almost an old school polyester type that is known to end up in bacon collar…

I’ll admit, I don’t like the trend on the collars of some of their shirts, almost an old school polyester type that is known to end up in bacon collar…
The collar is the weakest part of a Puma shirt I agree 100% BUT design and materials are top notch.

The collar is the weakest part of a Puma shirt I agree 100% BUT design and materials are top notch.
The MATTR shirts with the all MATTR material collars are the best. This crinkly accordion poly like BS is so bad.

I also really like Rhoback.

FJ and Greyson would be my picks right now.

FJ and Greyson would be my picks right now.
Need to try a Greyson shirt, I hear a lot of good, and some not quite so good too. I’m curious!

Puma Cloudspun.
Ben Hogan line from Walmart
Walter Hagen line from Dick’s / GG.

Need to try a Greyson shirt, I hear a lot of good, and some not quite so good too. I’m curious!
I grabbed a couple at Briggs. Super comfortable in our current summer heat, the large is sized pretty well, and I really like the 4-button front.

I grabbed a couple at Briggs. Super comfortable in our current summer heat, the large is sized pretty well, and I really like the 4-button front.
Love me a 4-button placket.

Rhoback for tops, though I also really like Peter Millar.

Travis Mathew for shorts and pants.

I just got a delivery today from Puma with a Cloudspun shirt and some South shorts. Looking forward to trying those.

Bylt for me. I prefer my stuff in a trim fit, their stuff fits me perfect. Apart from footwear, I’ve completely moved away from the traditional sportswear companies for all my gear.

Back