Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Anyone use, or use with their instructors, any of the different pressure boards? Really considering getting one like the Downshift as ground force and weight transfer are things I really need to work on.

Salted. They work well for what they are.

• Staff
Anyone use, or use with their instructors, any of the different pressure boards? Really considering getting one like the Downshift as ground force and weight transfer are things I really need to work on.
I've not used one. Heard and read a lot about ground force reactions in quite a few places, It's also something I need to keep working on.

I feel like you could make that Downshift board with some plywood, a few screws, a dowel rod and some grip tape for a lot less than 80 dollars?

One thing I always remember from one of the chasing scratch podcast videos was using the chair with wheels and pushing off the floor. (vid starts just before that section, but worth watching the whole thing, it's only 16 mins.

• Staff
I've not used one. Heard and read a lot about ground force reactions in quite a few places, It's also something I need to keep working on.

I feel like you could make that Downshift board with some plywood, a few screws, a dowel rod and some grip tape for a lot less than 80 dollars?

One thing I always remember from one of the chasing scratch podcast videos was using the chair with wheels and pushing off the floor. (vid starts just before that section, but worth watching the whole thing, it's only 16 mins.
I do the chair drill that they did at TPi, it’s good stuff!

Probably could make one, but I could also probably eff it up and hurt myself 🤣

My Instagram is flooded with the rocker board type aids. It knows :LOL:

Seriously though, I’ll be following along anyone who dives in.

Id be really curious how well they work while swinging without a ball. The closest range is 20 min from me which I recognize is first world problems compared to some, but carving out over hour on a regular basis during the week can get tough. Would rather take 20 min in the garage.

• Staff
My Instagram is flooded with the rocker board type aids. It knows :LOL:

Seriously though, I’ll be following along anyone who dives in.

Id be really curious how well they work while swinging without a ball. The closest range is 20 min from me which I recognize is first world problems compared to some, but carving out over hour on a regular basis during the week can get tough. Would rather take 20 min in the garage.
dive belly flop GIF

And honestly, the ability to use it NOT hitting a ball has me most intrigued, it could be killer to work on for a bit in front of a mirror each evening.

• Staff
I looked at one recently. Can’t remember the brand but it was orange haha

I looked at one recently. Can’t remember the brand but it was orange haha
It’s from Why Golf probably haha

dive belly flop GIF

And honestly, the ability to use it NOT hitting a ball has me most intrigued, it could be killer to work on for a bit in front of a mirror each evening.
Would you full swing or more half speed stuff to get the feel?

Would you full swing or more half speed stuff to get the feel?
Probably half to start because I’ve got a feeling it will feel like a newborn calf falling out of a tree.

I used the downshift one with my coach for awhile. He had two but prefers the downshift. it seemed very well made and he uses it a lot. Using it helped me understand better where to be with the weight shift.

I used the downshift one with my coach for awhile. He had two but prefers the downshift. it seemed very well made and he uses it a lot. Using it helped me understand better where to be with the weight shift.
That’s exactly what I’m looking for with it.

Plus, the Jake Hutt nod pushed me it’s way over others as well haha

It will be a fun follow if you snag one or two options, especially with the different education involved in it.

The other thing that always fascinated me was the orange peel thing. Sort of forcing weight in the swing.

I looked at some of these this afternoon. I haven’t quite decided to get one but I’m very close to ordering the board from WhyGolf.

It will be a fun follow if you snag one or two options, especially with the different education involved in it.

The other thing that always fascinated me was the orange peel thing. Sort of forcing weight in the swing.
I went fancy and ordered the downshift

I went fancy and ordered the downshift
I forgot to mention the downshift had a much better feel and you could get a bit wider stance on it if needed.

I built one in late 2022. Ehhh.

I built one in late 2022. Ehhh.
Didn’t give you the feel you thought it would? Or it didn’t do anything for you in your swing?

Didn’t give you the feel you thought it would? Or it didn’t do anything for you in your swing?
I YouTube'd some DIY ideas and I think it was just a poor substitute for the real thing.

Basically just a board with a 2x2 in the middle, while the factory versions are more of a smooth, sloping thing. The shift was just too pronounced and immediate and the thing slipped around on the ground.

Back