Project X VRTX Shafts

$129?

For sure?

Wow. I just made an appointment with a custom fitter in about 3 weeks, and I said I was interested in the UST Recoil 65 or the Recoil 760/780 Smacwrap shafts. I was told that he does not deal with UST anymore, but has other offerings like the Project X VRTX and the KBS TGI Tour.

I looked up the TGI Tour and found a price of $85 each, and now I'm learning (here) that the cost of the VRTX could be $129 each? :oops:

Are you kidding me?

I want to switch my steel-shafted irons to graphite because I am dealing with a reoccurring case of tennis elbow, but I did not realize that it was going to cost me that much (I have 6 irons, 5-PW).

Or maybe this fitter only deals in high-end equipment, and I should just go to my local PGA Superstore and have them give me something at a much lower price (I also have to pay $105 for the iron fitting).

I did not plan on spending almost $1,000 to reshaft my irons! 💰💰💰

Without knowing what irons you are playing I reshafted a set of my irons with XCaliber Rapid Tapers and have been very happy with them. I had to sand the shafts down a bit to get them in taper tip heads but it is something any clubfitter should be able to do.

Without knowing what irons you are playing I reshafted a set of my irons with XCaliber Rapid Tapers and have been very happy with them. I had to sand the shafts down a bit to get them in taper tip heads but it is something any clubfitter should be able to do.

Thanks for the information.

I've got almost new Ping G425's with Nippon NS Pro 850GH shafts. I was fitted for them by our Ping rep and think they are great.

However, I need to switch to graphite in an attempt to eliminate tennis elbow.

Maybe I could start with a more shock-absorbing grip? 🤔

Thanks for the information.

I've got almost new Ping G425's with Nippon NS Pro 850GH shafts. I was fitted for them by our Ping rep and think they are great.

However, I need to switch to graphite in an attempt to eliminate tennis elbow.

Maybe I could start with a more shock-absorbing grip? 🤔

There used to be some inserts you could insert aftermarket that would help with that. I am not sure if anyone makes them anymore.

Frequently it can be less expensive to get new irons with the shaft you want and sell the old ones as opposed to re-shafting. Even with shafts that are say $40 a shaft you need to buy the shafts, pay 15-25 per club to have them installed and add the cost of new grips. It can easily be $70-90 per club to reshaft.

There used to be some inserts you could insert aftermarket that would help with that. I am not sure if anyone makes them anymore.

Frequently it can be less expensive to get new irons with the shaft you want and sell the old ones as opposed to re-shafting. Even with shafts that are say $40 a shaft you need to buy the shafts, pay 15-25 per club to have them installed and add the cost of new grips. It can easily be $70-90 per club to reshaft.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Thanks, Chef23 (my old friend)! 😊

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Thanks, Chef23 (my old friend)! 😊

I've latched on to using these since true temper quit selling sensicore inserts. I find you can cut them in half and get the same results but get more sets of clubs out of the pack with double the inserts.

ShaftEase Vibration Dampening Inserts Made in the USA For Metal Golf Shafts Reduces Shock & Vibration on Impact For Sting Free Golfing Ideal For Golfers with Arthritis, tendonitis, & Joint Pain 9 Pack https://a.co/d/5drBBp5

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230305_065558_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230305_065558_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 0
Back