Puma Ignite Elevate - Reviews?

Double Drops

Reaction score
Handicap
Just curious to see if anyone has experience with the new Puma Ignite Elevate? I noticed a thread about them not long after they were released but I haven's seen many that have had experience with them lately.
If you've used them, how do you like them? Also, are they an improvement over the Alphacats?

Just curious to see if anyone has experience with the new Puma Ignite Elevate? I noticed a thread about them not long after they were released but I haven's seen many that have had experience with them lately.
If you've used them, how do you like them? Also, are they an improvement over the Alphacats?
Got them on at the Course right now. So far in dry conditions they feel plenty stable and are really comfortable.

812635C3-6B40-430E-B375-CBA007856640.jpeg

I have the same ones Dill has and have gamed them in the wet mud soup of Ohio March golf and they keep my feet bone dry. Comfort level is great. They started off a bit snug in the toe box but after a few rounds they now feel like they are specially molded to my foot. Amazing comfort walking or riding.

I have the same ones Dill has and have gamed them in the wet mud soup of Ohio March golf and they keep my feet bone dry. Comfort level is great. They started off a bit snug in the toe box but after a few rounds they now feel like they are specially molded to my foot. Amazing comfort walking or riding.

Ah, that’s interesting. I was SO close to buying this exact pair at GG today but passed for now because I thought the toe box was a little snug. Might reconsider now because I really do like this shoe.

Ah, that’s interesting. I was SO close to buying this exact pair at GG today but passed for now because I thought the toe box was a little snug. Might reconsider now because I really do like this shoe.
Yea I'm willing to bet that had I tried them on in the store I would have passed. Because I ordered them online and didn't want to go through the hassle of sending them back I decided to just deal with it. Glad I did they are awesome now.

Yea I'm willing to bet that had I tried them on in the store I would have passed. Because I ordered them online and didn't want to go through the hassle of sending them back I decided to just deal with it. Glad I did they are awesome now.

Yeah, I may be putting in a Puma order. Thanks!

Got them on at the Course right now. So far in dry conditions they feel plenty stable and are really comfortable.

View attachment 9163198
How is the tongue on those? Do those rub any? The look like a redesign from the Alphacats. I'm really torn between going with these and the Alphacats.

How is the tongue on those? Do those rub any? The look like a redesign from the Alphacats. I'm really torn between going with these and the Alphacats.
I have no tongue discomfort at all. They feel awesome.

Had my first round with these last weekend. I have two other pairs of Ignites but they are the NXTs. The Elevates spikeless bottom is SO much better than the NXTs. I have noticed as everyone else above has said though that the toe box is a little tight at first. Nothing that is uncomfortable though. Hearing that it breaks in though is great to hear. I didn't walk the round so I can't speak to comfort comparatively yet but first impressing is they were quite as cushioned as the NXTs. That could just be a break in this as well but the NXTs were some of the most comfortable shoes right out of the box for me so it will be interesting to see.

Overall though, first impressions are very positive with grip, water proofness and absolute cool factor of the PTC version of the shoe.

*I have not used the Alpha Cats just to get ahead of that questions :p

I have a pair and they are great, I haven’t wore them this winter because our playing conditions are so sloppy here. I want to keep them fresh for spring.

I have a pair and they are great, I haven’t wore them this winter because our playing conditions are so sloppy here. I want to keep them fresh for spring.
If you haven’t already wear them around the house a few days so you can break in the tight toe box.

In terms of width in toe are the Ignite Elevates a bit wider than the AlphaCats or similar? Also, are they a replacement for the AlphaCats? I noticed they are actually priced lower (MSRP) than the AlphaCats.

Back