Pure Shot Forum Testing Review Thread

that's one weird looking thang ....

I admit, I skimmed most of the thread, but what I gathered is there is not many that find 'true value' offered from it

I spoke with my local pro the other day, he offed me all the face tape I wanted, told me not to buy any he'd give me all I wanted ..... so I guess it's my gammer and his face tape for me

Yes impact tape can save you about $150 and give you similar feedback, but you will get a more consistent swing using your gamer. The stock shaft on the pureshot isn't as stiff as my gamer so I noticed some unwanted results by using the pureshot. I am putting a different shaft on it to see if it helps, but either way I am still having a hard time justifying recommending this club to someone because it is not worth the high price plus having to reshaft it just to make it more usable

Didn't get to get out yesterday or today obviously with the sub 30 degree weather and then Thanksgiving, but tomorrow and Saturday are supposed to be nice. I will go beat a big bucket of balls and get a solid write up done.

So far, the club is much more useful with a shaft that somewhat fits you. I think it did more harm than good with the stock shaft for me. I still think its value is limited, I can use my gamer with some tape on the face and get the same feedback, just not instantaneous like with the Pure Shot.

I'm going to get a full writeup here done here in the next few days.
Looking forward to the writeup buddy, I would love to see a picture of the club now if you get time, I know that thing is some kind of ugly now :D

Testing date - 11/26/11
Weather - 55 degrees, sunny, little wind
Testing purpose - To see if the PURE SHOT can help with working the ball in either direction

Today I went about testing the PURE SHOT differently than I have in the past. Instead of focusing on how the PS allows me to make better contact, I focused on its ability to exaggerate misses and to see how that translated to working the ball. My reasoning is if I can work the ball somewhat consistently with the PURE SHOT, then it would be easier to work the ball with my gamer. If I could find a repeatable ball flight while trying to work the ball with the PS, then again, doing so with my gamer would be that much more simple. Here's the video of how the testing came out.

Results and final thought- I was very surprised at how effectively this testing session was for me when trying to hit a cut or a fade. With that being my normal ball flight, it felt quite a bit easier to hit a cut with my gamer after trying to hit a cut or a fade with the PS. I was actually able to work the ball with a ton of consistency left to right with the PS and I felt like it gave me that much more confidence with my gamer. Obviously, as you saw in the video, I didn't have nearly as much success going from right to left, but I would have expected this as I normally struggle to hit a draw. I will say that this was a new mental thought and goal for me with the PURE SHOT. I was very pleased at how the club performed with this intent. It may be another use for the club or for others in the future. Till next time, HIT EM STRAIGHT! (or with movement if so desired!)

Great vid ghace. I am headed out to the range here shortly. Little breezy but feels pretty good outside at about 57 degrees.

I've been skimming this thread pretty regularly and I wanted to give all of you some big ups for the testing. Of all the testing I've seen on THP so far, this one seems like it could get pretty frustrating so I appreciate the stick-to-it-iveness.

Great vid ghace. I am headed out to the range here shortly. Little breezy but feels pretty good outside at about 57 degrees.

I've been skimming this thread pretty regularly and I wanted to give all of you some big ups for the testing. Of all the testing I've seen on THP so far, this one seems like it could get pretty frustrating so I appreciate the stick-to-it-iveness.

Good luck out there INgolfer.

Thanks D. I really appreciate the kind words as I'm sure all the testers do.

So I made it out on the range with the PureShot driver again yesterday. As stated in some of my previous thoughts, I am trying to change the way I use it on the range because I felt like too much use was harmful. I was hitting more shots with the PureShot than I was with my own driver, and while I tend to hit my driver in the sweet spot most of the time to begin with, the PureShot was causing me to start missing the sweet spot, and I was developing a slice with my drives. Yesterdays session was still with the stock shaft offering of the driver, which I do not like. That seems to be a pretty common complaint in this thread. I will be having a new shaft put on to see if I can find any benefit to this driver with a better shaft.

Anyhow, yesterday I started my session with my gamer. It has been a little over a week since I have played on the course for about a week and a half so I wanted to see how well I was hitting my gamer before I tried hitting the PureShot again. Even thought the weather has been cooling off here lately and I haven't been playing quite as much as I usually do, I was still hitting my R11 pretty well. I would say that 70% of my shots were pretty square on the sweet spot, and mostly straight. A couple of slight fades were in there, but only about a 5-10 yard fade which I can deal with. After about 15 shots with my R11 I pulled out the PureShot. I was hitting most of those shots higher on the grey circle, but still on the sweet spot. However, almost everything was fading quite a bit right. This is something that I saw the last time I tried hitting the R11 first and then the PureShot. It seems as soon as I am consistent with one then I become less consistent with the other. I hit about 15 shots with the PureShot, with most of them being high on the sweet spot, but most of them also fading quite a bit right. I only had a couple that went straight. After those shots I went back to hitting the R11. After switching back to the R11 I noticed again that I was hitting the sweet spot pretty well as usual, but it was not high on the sweet spot like it was with the PureShot. The R11 shots are pretty centered, and my misses are just slightly toward the heel, but still very close to the center. My shots with the R11 were still straight, so I was not seeing the strong fade that I was seeing with the PureShot.

After this range session I have concluded 2 things: First, when I am hitting the gamer well on the sweet spot, I tend to hit the PureShot high on the sweet spot. Earlier in the testing when I spent more time with the PureShot then my own gamer, I was hitting the PureShot square on the center of the face, and then my misses with my gamer started to be low and closer to the heel. So when I start hitting the gamer better, then my shots tend to get higher on the face of the PureShot. I am very interested to see how this changes with a different shaft. Second, I concluded that when I hit one driver well, I cannot hit the other well. This is something that I concluded before but I was wanting to spend more time with it to confirm my thoughts. If I am hitting my gamer well, I tend to slice the PureShot. If I am hitting the PureShot well, I tend to slice my R11. The only thing I can think of that would cause this is the shaft, so hopefully even when I switch out shafts here this week I can hopefully see some better results from it. While the shaft I am going to put the PureShot is not the exact same as my gamer (I have the stock R11 Blur shaft on the gamer, I am putting a Graffoley stiff shaft on the PureShot) I think the new shaft will at least be more stiff that the stock on the PureShot so we will see what happens to my results.

Nice write up INgolfer. Good luck with the new shaft!

Driver head: Pure Shot
Shaft: Cleveland Launcher Stiff with low kick point

My most recent range session with the Pure Shot was last week. I have waited till now to post it because I haven't been able to upload the video until now.

I hit my ZL first, and saw some really good results. I was hitting the ball straight with consistency, and the majority of my shots were on center, with a couple towards the center a little bit. I was a little hesitant to switch to the Pure Shot, because there wasn't too much room for improvement, and I didn't want to screw it up. Here's the picture of my early effort.

2011-11-29135908.jpg

I then pulled out the Pure Shot. The weighting of the driver feels really odd at first, due to the light head and average weight shaft (69g I think). But after a few swings it felt just fine. I hit a couple bad shots to start, but then started hitting the center with consistency. I would say I hit the center on 3/4 of the shots, which is much better than I could do before without slowing down my swing considerably.

I then went back to my gamer. My results here were shaky at best, I was all over the club face, but more so on the outside than in, which was odd. I think fatigue had set in at this point. Not only was I not hitting the center, but I was hitting some draws and slices as well. Here's the picture of the face.

2011-11-29141623.jpg

I took a break and went over to the short game area. When I came back I started off with about 5-10 swings with the pure shot, then jumped back to my gamer with much better results, I think my shaky results were due to just too many shots with no break.

My results have been much improved with the stiff shaft in the Pure shot. I can now jump from one club to the other, and feel pretty comfortable within 2 or 3 shots. Before each club required a completely different approach and swing. It certainly feels different in my hands, and the shaft is different, but it is close enough that it doesn't cause too many problems.

I enjoy working with the Pure Shot, it allows me to work on hitting the center with more ease than using face tape. I still can't see myself spending the money on the club, especially knowing it would require a shaft change, but now that I have it I will continue to use it.

Heres a couple videos from my session last week.

[YOUTUBE]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/suQWwtrPOHY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suQWwtrPOHY

[YOUTUBE]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1-BqWtNBlGw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/YOUTUBE]

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-BqWtNBlGw

Nice write up Wakerider. Glad to hear the stiffer, heavier shaft has helped you.

So I was playing around with the Pure Shot again the other day and thought to myself, I wonder if I changed the shaft to something I'm a bit more comfortable with if it would change the way this aid works on the range. Thoughts?

Also I see they have an iron and a putter coming soon, I'm curious how those might compare to the driver.

So I was playing around with the Pure Shot again the other day and thought to myself, I wonder if I changed the shaft to something I'm a bit more comfortable with if it would change the way this aid works on the range. Thoughts?

Also I see they have an iron and a putter coming soon, I'm curious how those might compare to the driver.

I did that Icey, and it certainly helped. The stock shaft is so weak it is in no way similar to what I was playing. I gotta say after replacing the shaft I still haven't used this thing in quite some time.

I did that Icey, and it certainly helped. The stock shaft is so weak it is in no way similar to what I was playing. I gotta say after replacing the shaft I still haven't used this thing in quite some time.

That's good to hear it helped. Sorry if I totally skimmed that! I may attempt that myself just to save the money on the reshafting.

Siri speaks for me!

Back