Push Cart Mafia member?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 290 58.8%
  • I have a part time membership.

Votes: 159 32.3%
  • Hard pass.

Votes: 44 8.9%

• Total voters
Walked Pinehurst #4 this morning with my Bag Boy Quad. Some courses are made to be walked and #2, #3 and #4 are for sure all in that category.

Planning to walk when I play midweek especially with all the rain we are getting!

Hi Clicgear gearheads

Will someone please clarify the model numbers for me - I think I have one of the earlier Models

I have been trying to find a list and est. pricing

thanks in advance !

My current one is clearly starting to have issues so looks like I’ll be in the market for a new one probably in the next month or so.

Hi Clicgear gearheads

Will someone please clarify the model numbers for me - I think I have one of the earlier Models

I have been trying to find a list and est. pricing

thanks in advance !
And go....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

After my round yesterday in 108 degree heat I can say the pushcart is put away until the end of overseeding in Nov
Same. Mine is sleeping in the garage until October or so, when it starts to cool down. Walking in the Arizona summer heat takes the misery index too high for me. It was almost 90 degrees when we teed off at 6:15 this morning, and 101° when we finished at 9:40.

It's starting to cool down here so I dusted off the Clicgear and got my first walking 18 in since early June. Feels so great to be out of the cart and walking again, but it'll take a few rounds to get back in shape for it - I was feeling it by the end of the round! Anybody else back to walking yet now that summer is fading away?

It's starting to cool down here so I dusted off the Clicgear and got my first walking 18 in since early June. Feels so great to be out of the cart and walking again, but it'll take a few rounds to get back in shape for it - I was feeling it by the end of the round! Anybody else back to walking yet now that summer is fading away?
Our spring has been quite warm , we are about to have 29 deg c . Today .
Looking forward, over next 6 months of warmer weather . And yes my
Newish (4 rounds in ) Clicgear will get plenty of pushing ) 😄🌞

If you live in Arizona, I can understand NOT walking until fall. I've walked all summer, but our summer has been particularly milder than usual.....temps in the 80's
most days, and only a week or two in the 90's. Lucky to live where I do....until winter, that is!

With the covid boom plus around 5-6 course closures recently our courses are so Packed I don’t think you could walk even if you wanted. I had a 6:30 am tee time in late spring that I walked. First and only round this season.

I walked all summer at a resort course where almost no one but me walks. When I joined in feb, I never dreamed I'd never put my butt in a cart but just like walking. I learned that Liquid IV is the bomb for us old guys doing stupid stuff. My hottest day was 94 with 75% humidity. I was the only one on the course. I actually like the warmer afternoons where the dew is not bad.

I have played many afternoons in PHX area at 112 but in a cart when I was much younger when traveling on business. I'd give it a go walking now but not sure how it would turn out. 110 at 40% humidity is a different world then 75%. I played one morning at 75 degrees and 100% humidity--- worst day this year walking.

If you live in Arizona, I can understand NOT walking until fall. I've walked all summer, but our summer has been particularly milder than usual.....temps in the 80's
most days, and only a week or two in the 90's. Lucky to live where I do....until winter, that is!
Our summertime high temps are over 100 degrees every day, and 110+ degrees for most of late June - late August. Walking rounds aren't enjoyable when it's that hot. It was 80° when we teed off at 6:45 this morning and about 90° when we finished, I can handle that. I'll walk most/all of my rounds from now until late May/early June, depending on how early the heat hits us again next year.

I have had walking rounds all summer but will get more in as it has cooled off. Walked 13 holes on Tuesday evening on #2 and was sweating as the humidity was back up.

I walk about 80% of my rounds and riding is normally not because of heat but a few of the resort courses I play require carts. I did get a cart for the back nine once or twice this summer because of heat but we only had 8 days over 90º this year and I was out of town for most of them.

My wife and I just got back from a week in Florida and it was over 90º each day with high humidity. There is no way I’m walking a golf course in that kind of heat. I actually had time to play but didn’t because of the heat indexes. Great pool/beach weather but lousy for golf. We’ll be staying in MN for the cooler fall weather and go back to Naples in another 6 weeks when their comfortable weather begins after hurricane season is over. :)

Given my knees, I'm gonna have to take a retirement from the push cart mafia.

This summer was rather mild here in So Cal so I have been pushing the cart or carrying my clubs as much as possible. There is the occasional round where I have to jump in the cart but that was only a couple of times.

Joining the #pushcartmafia has been one of the really good decisions I've made this year. Much less strain on my back vs. carrying and I feel I'm staying fresher through the round and not gassing out around 14.

3rd post summer round walking yesterday. Still got to 100 but getting my legs back in walking shape

Walked 18 again today, feels so good to be back out of the cart and on foot again! Our temps are cooling off quickly, it was 62° when we teed off and about 80° when we finished, great walking weather!

Hi, just here to renew my #PushCartMafia membership again.

Going strong since 2018.

Really need to grab that new cart. My son is not giving me back my old one anytime soon

I would have loved to push today. Playing with my wife, who has a brace on her foot and cannot walk a full course right now but we got to the course and were told it was cart path only because they just laid down fertilizer. Crap.

It ended up being a 3:45 round, with 2 couples playing and my wife shot over 130 (she had a really bad day as she got back into some bad swing habits we have been trying to break).

Several questions:
1. The course that I play quite frequently, Deerwood CC in Westampton NJ has quite a distance between 2 holes on 3 occasions. Between 1 & 2 about 1/4 mile. Between 10 & 11, about 1/3 mile and between 13 & 14 little less than 1/2 mile. Long walk.
Thoughts on those walks with a push cart? Too far, too much time?
2. I know people have their own opinions on what cart. I want the following: light weight, easy fold unfold, folds up to small foot print, easy on/off for the bag. I know a lot. But if I am going to walk, I want to do it right.
Thanks for the help!

Several questions:
1. The course that I play quite frequently, Deerwood CC in Westampton NJ has quite a distance between 2 holes on 3 occasions. Between 1 & 2 about 1/4 mile. Between 10 & 11, about 1/3 mile and between 13 & 14 little less than 1/2 mile. Long walk.
Thoughts on those walks with a push cart? Too far, too much time?
2. I know people have their own opinions on what cart. I want the following: light weight, easy fold unfold, folds up to small foot print, easy on/off for the bag. I know a lot. But if I am going to walk, I want to do it right.
Thanks for the help!
I thought Deerwood was carts only. I've never seen anyone walking. When you are on the 16th tee box or hitting your 3rd shot on 17 yell Deebo and I'll come out to say hi!

Back