Random pairing today. Didn’t know how it was going to play out.

Pops

Formerly Bbutler
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I booked a tee time today at course near my daughters. When I booked it online I knew I was going to get paired with another threesome. No big deal to me common when I travel. Had an 1120 so after I do some putting I go back in pro shop to see if the guy from the threesome that would share my cart had arrived. I walk in and there is a guy at counter checking in. He then proceeds to be a jackass to the guy at the counter over having to ride with someone else. Course policy to only send out 2 carts per foursome. Guy was still being a dick about it and ended up paying for another cart. He walks out and I say let me guess he is part of the 1120. Sure enough.

I considered asking for a rain check or a refund thinking this was going to be one of those days. Should have seen the dudes face when I arrived at the 1st tee. He proceeded to apologize and we really had a nice round. It was a father son and son in law group. Dude has an issue riding in a cart with a stranger other than that we had a great round.

I booked a tee time today at course near my daughters. When I booked it online I knew I was going to get paired with another threesome. No big deal to me common when I travel. Had an 1120 so after I do some putting I go back in pro shop to see if the guy from the threesome that would share my cart had arrived. I walk in and there is a guy at counter checking in. He then proceeds to be a jackass to the guy at the counter over having to ride with someone else. Course policy to only send out 2 carts per foursome. Guy was still being a dick about it and ended up paying for another cart. He walks out and I say let me guess he is part of the 1120. Sure enough.

I considered asking for a rain check or a refund thinking this was going to be one of those days. Should have seen the dudes face when I arrived at the 1st tee. He proceeded to apologize and we really had a nice round. It was a father son and son in law group. Dude has an issue riding in a cart with a stranger other than that we had a great round.
Glad it ended up being a decent round, that could have been super awkward.

I got paired with a 12 year old yesterday and thought it was going to be a long day, but he kicked my ass.
Might have to change my bet/coins...

Damn, impressive. Same tees?
Yep, I moved up a set when I caught up to him but he was playing the whites, which are what most would call the mens tees, second from the back. He hit his drive close to 250, and every one of them was right down the middle. It was impressive, nice kid too.

Well, you can sometimes see why folks get a bit 'put off' when it is a 3 of a Family group having to paired with a stranger. AND have to share a cart. Maybe they would be discussing personal matters that they would rather not share and such. And depending on the course, if it is a local muni, they would be much more inclined to throw strangers together. A bit more of a 'resort'/destination course may be more inclined to NOT pair up strangers or offer a separate cart for the odd man out.

I have been told by our 'trip organizer' on our Buddy (3) Trips to Ocean City, and by course staff. that when our trip is booked and locked in tee times, that the course will generally NOT add a fourth to those kinds of groups. They know we are there to have a good time with our friends and they don't want to lessen our experience by having some weirdo thrust upon us. So you can show up at a course and if there are 15 players in a group, they would more likely break them up into 5 groups of 3, than 4 4's and a 3. But they won't stick singles in any of those 5 groups.

Back