Rapsodo MLM2PRO Personal Launch Monitor

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
In the last five years, there isn’t a product that has fundamentally changed how golfers practice more than the personal launch monitor. While you’re scanning your brain to prove me wrong, consider the following: For the first time, golfers have relatively easy access to accurate, comprehensive launch data almost anywhere they can swing a golf club. There’s a reason it seems like every professional has a $20,000 launch monitor next to them at the range. Knowledge is power. Luckily, amateurs can invest far less money while still taking advantage of the many benefits offered by this technology.

Continue reading...

Now were talking. Thanks.
And it looks like it comes with a bottle opener, score!!

Oh baby, this could be a game changer!

oh man, that sounds like such a winner. spin measured at $700 price tag.

Time to set up the back yard net again. :love:

sounds kinda like the RPT balls are needed for the spin measurements? Might hamper use at range a bit.
I am thinking they might not be required at the range, since there is no net. :unsure:

This looks really solid. I assume you can still do practice, sim, etc without the special Callaway balls, you just won't get the extra data?

• Staff
oh man, that sounds like such a winner. spin measured at $700 price tag.

Time to set up the back yard net again. :love:

sounds kinda like the RPT balls are needed for the spin measurements? Might hamper use at range a bit.
I'll do my best to get a concrete answer when it comes to outdoor use as soon as possible.

This looks really solid. I assume you can still do practice, sim, etc without the special Callaway balls, you just won't get the extra data?

That is correct. The RPT functions primarily to accurately measure spin, axis, etc.

Interested to get your thoughts on this @Hawk as you get a chance to mess around with it.

At the pricepoint, I wonder if the doppler radar will track the ball on its full flight, making it useful on a range or on course, where maybe spin numbers aren't as critical, like if you are just trying to dial in your carry numbers, and just use the special balls into a net for fine tuning your spin numbers.

I’ve never been more blown away by the potential of a product in my 12 years here. I mean that.

I think this is very cool. The upgrades and advancements are solid. I have really really enjoyed using my rapsodo and will use it again this year. I would love to upgrade to the new model. The $700 price tag is very palatable for me. The $200/annual subscription though... I dont think so..

Well hello there.
Good write up.

very interested to see if this could work as a fitting unit

No spin, sim, or range without the $200 annual subscription? Curious to hear more about the golf ball

Interested to get your thoughts on this @Hawk as you get a chance to mess around with it.

At the pricepoint, I wonder if the doppler radar will track the ball on its full flight, making it useful on a range or on course, where maybe spin numbers aren't as critical, like if you are just trying to dial in your carry numbers, and just use the special balls into a net for fine tuning your spin numbers.

I think you can expect to be able to use it that way if you choose to.

This looks like a great improvement on the original Rapsodo. Having the camera built inside the unit versus using your phone or iPad is a vast improvement. Plus, your adding Android.

However, the whole question is going to come down to how accurate the system is. The original had some glaring weaknesses on reliability to a point where many people I know stopped using.

Also, the new Callaway ball looks fantastic and could be a game changer for accuracy with the new Rapsodo unit indoors. But, outdoors you need to be able to use range balls and they won’t have the dots on them.

Last edited:
No spin, sim, or range without the $200 annual subscription? Curious to hear more about the golf ball

That is correct. The first year subscription is included in the purchase price of the unit. More information will be available on the ball eventually, but my understanding is that it's performance is no different than a standard CSX.

I think you can expect to be able to use it that way if you choose to.
Sweet. If the doppler radar has improved where it can track the whole ball flight, that is huge.

The previous version left much to be desired on that front.

I'm so excited about this. I have the OP MLM Rapsodo and I still use it a couple times a WEEK. It was one of the best gadgets I ever recieved. Got it for Christmas about 3-4 years ago and have never looked back, but the extra features and simulator access you get with this sounds incredible!

This is certainly intriguing. If I had to guess, the spin measurement would still be there with regular range balls outdoors, but may not be as accurate? But who knows how range balls are spinning anyway, right? $700 is exceptional, $200 a year is tolerable.

Ok. At this price point it’s time to build the outdoor hitting cage/sim I’ve been thinking about doing for 2 years

Sweet. If the doppler radar has improved where it can track the whole ball flight, that is huge.

The previous version left much to be desired on that front.

I obviously can't make any promises on how well it will perform in that regard, but we'll have a full look at the performance as soon as it's possible.

This is certainly intriguing. If I had to guess, the spin measurement would still be there with regular range balls outdoors, but may not be as accurate? But who knows how range balls are spinning anyway, right? $700 is exceptional, $200 a year is tolerable.

This is a really good point Greg. Tracking spin on a range ball is sort of pointless. In reality, tracking anything with a range ball isn't all that useful.

I obviously can't make any promises on how well it will perform in that regard, but we'll have a full look at the performance as soon as it's possible.

im actually really intrigued to see the comparison (if it happens) to the previous models accuracy / consistency.

when it was good, it was nice. When it was erratic, it was pretty frustrating.

Back