RBZ Tour 3W = Ouch !!!

GoldenBear67

Reaction score
Handicap
I just got the RBZ Tour 3W before the start of this season, I have played four 18 hole rounds + one 9 hole round, yesterday I played at Hawthorne Valley Country Club in Solon, OH, I was on a short Par 4 and I took my swing and it was a little steep and the ball was a pop-up about 160 yds out when I looked down this is what I saw, so I checked the Tee Box I saw no rocks or anything abrasive the only thing was my tee was still somewhat upright.

rbzdamag1.jpg

rbzdamag2.jpg

Now this is my first year of buying new and know stuff like this can happen but do I have any recourse or do I just suck it up and say that the breaks??? THP'ers please share your experiences when something like this has happened to you.....

Being that it was caused by a swing, I think its just one of those things to suck it up and deal with it. Just my opinion of course, but if it is driving you crazy, you could try some white out or auto paint that closely matches I would think.

Happened to my RBZ 19* Hybrid however a little more towards the toe - little to steep and the ball but caught high - left some deep scratches - I first took a magic eraser to it to make sure I got all the dirt out, and then I went out and bought a Sharpie White Oil-based fine-tip paint pen - with a very steady hand I filled in the marks and now I cant notice them.

However, there are other options out there, but for a $2.50 pen, cant beat it...

Link to the pen I used: S&H is alot more than the pen, but you should be able to pick one up at a Michaels store...

http://www.tools-plus.com/sharpie-6...=SHR63613-SH&gclid=CIHPn7rd3rYCFdCZ4AodOhUAXw

Perspective from a non-expert... clubs are usually warranted against defects. Although the you mention not seeing anything other than the tee the mark on the crown of the club looks like a gauge, indicating the club struck something unusual. If that's the case I don't think you will get any help from the manufacturer.

I use flat white testors paint, works well
With idiot marks. My woods always look nice haha

I did the same thing to my R11s a week after i got it sucks but i bought some touch up paint on ebay works ok to hide it but i still know its there

Pop up protectors. I use them, not scared to admit it.

I use black electrical tape on my driver. Don't use any protector on my 3 wood because I don't tee it up high enough where even the steepest swing could get under it.

THPing on Tapatalk

Thanks for the tips on how to cover up the marks, I will search for the Sharpie Paint Pen or Pop-Up Protectors but not sure where to look for those...

It also helps if you clean you ball between holes. Even a little dirt can scuff a face pretty badly. Sorry for the bad luck, that sucks.

Thanks for the tips on how to cover up the marks, I will search for the Sharpie Paint Pen or Pop-Up Protectors but not sure where to look for those...

I showed you a link to purchase in my reply - also, any arts/crafts store should carry them as well.

Also, you can just google "Sharpie white paint pen"

nows the time to do some custom paint work on it ;)

I've been there before, it bites, but every once in a while you put a bad swing on a ball and damage is done, I know it's tough, but you really just have to try and ignore it!

What is that, some sort of tape?

It's a clear decal like sticker. Hard to explain. Goes on clear, and you can not notice it at address.

It also helps if you clean you ball between holes. Even a little dirt can scuff a face pretty badly. Sorry for the bad luck, that sucks.

And be careful with range balls! I only hit the newer looking, clean balls, on the range with my driver. The rest are destined to iron shots.

I showed you a link to purchase in my reply - also, any arts/crafts store should carry them as well.

Also, you can just google "Sharpie white paint pen"

Sorry I should of been more specific it's the Pop-Up Protectors I have no clue about. I am heading to Michaels after work for Sharpie Paint Pen...

Oh believe me when I say this but after every hole I walk to the ball cleaner and say "A clean ball is a happy ball" plus I use a Ball-Zee during every round.

Yeah, same thing happened to me but deeper, and my friend is the one that did it... yesterday.

Happened to my RBZ 19* Hybrid however a little more towards the toe - little to steep and the ball but caught high - left some deep scratches - I first took a magic eraser to it to make sure I got all the dirt out, and then I went out and bought a Sharpie White Oil-based fine-tip paint pen - with a very steady hand I filled in the marks and now I cant notice them.

However, there are other options out there, but for a $2.50 pen, cant beat it...

Link to the pen I used: S&H is alot more than the pen, but you should be able to pick one up at a Michaels store...

http://www.tools-plus.com/sharpie-6...=SHR63613-SH&gclid=CIHPn7rd3rYCFdCZ4AodOhUAXw

Thanks Shanksalot, the Pen was perfect I know the mark is still there but at least it won't be a distraction starring down and seeing them at address. Worked Perfect !!!

Thanks Shanksalot, the Pen was perfect I know the mark is still there but at least it won't be a distraction starring down and seeing them at address. Worked Perfect !!!

Awesome! Happy to hear!

Sooner or later that usually happens to every fairway wood I've ever owned. And to a lot of drivers as well. It never bothers me as I'm the one who put it there. I did it to my RBZ 4 wood on a fairway shot in muddy conditions where I got steep and went deep into the muck. I keep fairway woods for years so I don't really worry about it.

That sucks dude, happened to my 3wood 2 months after I bought it. I used testors flat white model paint to some success.

Back