Regret after purchases?

Callaway X24s for me. Decided that I don't practice enough so I needed more GI help so picked them up in April ang gamed them through July. Worst ball-striking season of my 4 year "career". I can't get comfortable with them at set-up and distance and dispersion are all over the place. i pulled the MP-52s out of the closet and have shot 41, 80 and 81 since where my current course handicap is 17. There is no doubt that i lose significant distance on mishits with the Mizuno but the dispersion control is so much more important to me.

Well I went out for a nice range session with my 2 clubs of interest. The SL290 and the FL15. I have figured out that Yes I can draw the driver with a bit of effort so it was partially a swing issue for me.

However, after hitting about 60 balls with the 3 wood, I have also learned that its almost impossible to not hit a draw/hook with my FL15. I don't know if I need a stiffer shaft (x maybe) or a different shaft alltogether with this club?? I love the way it feels off the face... at the range I was hitting them out there about 250 and I have learned that if I open up the face at address, I can reduce the hook to just a draw, but I don't know. Id rather it just went straight, 3 wood is supposed to be the money club for tighter fairways, etc isn't it? I don't want to think about 15 different things when pulling this club I just want to smack it straight.

I guess thats what I get for just buying matching club instead of testing thoroughly. Don't know what to do... where can I find this cleveland right weight info?

I can spend a year looking for the right club before I buy, so no, no regrets. That doesn't mean I don't screw up and buy the wrong one from time to time it just means I know I did everything possible to avoid it.

I never second guessed a purchase, until I bought my Mashie. It was a guy move. It turns out that I wish it never happened.

I thought the same thing after buying mine. Shelved it for a while, then came back to it. It's working for me now so no regrets anymore!

I think the way the FL looks at address can cause you to set up with it a bit closed. Have you tried using the little dots on the grip at all?

Well I went out for a nice range session with my 2 clubs of interest. The SL290 and the FL15. I have figured out that Yes I can draw the driver with a bit of effort so it was partially a swing issue for me.

However, after hitting about 60 balls with the 3 wood, I have also learned that its almost impossible to not hit a draw/hook with my FL15. I don't know if I need a stiffer shaft (x maybe) or a different shaft alltogether with this club?? I love the way it feels off the face... at the range I was hitting them out there about 250 and I have learned that if I open up the face at address, I can reduce the hook to just a draw, but I don't know. Id rather it just went straight, 3 wood is supposed to be the money club for tighter fairways, etc isn't it? I don't want to think about 15 different things when pulling this club I just want to smack it straight.

I guess thats what I get for just buying matching club instead of testing thoroughly. Don't know what to do... where can I find this cleveland right weight info?

I think the way the FL looks at address can cause you to set up with it a bit closed. Have you tried using the little dots on the grip at all?

Little dots on the grips?

I never noticed any dots on the grips. Not sure to what you are referring. I guess I'll have to inspect these when I get home.

There are two (I think) dots on the front of the grip that are a club head alignment aid. For some reason, I want to set up the club closed naturally, but they help me get it right. Very well might not be your issue, but it was something that caused some issues for me.

There are two (I think) dots on the front of the grip that are a club head alignment aid. For some reason, I want to set up the club closed naturally, but they help me get it right. Very well might not be your issue, but it was something that caused some issues for me.

Ah... you mean the two vertical lines that point down the shaft? Hmm, i will try to pay more attention to them at my next range session (tomorrow) and see if possibly I am closing the face. Like I said I was able to make a conscious effort to open it slightly and that helped, but I still think it might be a shaft issue....BUT man I do love the feel of this club.

No, they are actually little white dots on the grip.

No, they are actually little white dots on the grip.

Hmm. Ok I will inspect the grip when I get home tonight.

oops!!

Last edited:
Hopefully you can it figured out :)

It certainly does have a nice feel and sound when you hit it well.

I looked at the grips, there are no little white dots on mine. Only thing that looks like dots are the dimples in the grip itself and they are not white. When I go to the range later I'll pay attention to whether or not I'm aligning straight or just auto closing the face like you suggest.

He means these I think
a6cd0988-9b29-0a37.jpg

Back