Regrets, I have a few.....

Same basic regret as many, didn't start really playing until my mid-thirties. I also have some club regrets. Loaning my 845s to my father-in-law, I'll never have those back! Being talked into re-shafting my Ping Zings from the G. Loomis graphite x-stiff with not fitted for me graphite shafts that are basically cr*p! I had originally wanted to re-shaft with steel shafts, but was techno-talked into inferior less stiff graphites.

Ah, live and learn!

- I miss my Seemore DB-4. I don't think I'd game it, but the club was so pretty it made me happy looking at it. Plus, it would look incredible with the white thp headcover on it.

other than that, everything I've gotten rid of has been replaced by something I hit better.

Ok, I've got a few. I regret giving up the game for over 15 years ( went from a 5 handicap that hit a draw to a 20 that hit a slice!)

I regret stopping for lunch after a round about a year ago and leaving my clubs in the backseat of truck so they could get stolen!!! Lost my Scotty Cameron putter, and my Vokey wedges!

only thing i regret is having never been fit for any club in my bag, im doing it right next time, next set of irons i buy im gonna do a full fitting just so i have my specs for everything. i know im at least 2* up on my irons but not sure if i need to go more or not.

Ha! This thread took off a bit whilst I was asleep huh?

Ok what about regretting buying a club or clubs? I regret buying a set of Mizuno MX900s.

Boy I hated those!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! This thread took off a bit whilst I was asleep huh?

Ok what about regretting buying a club or clubs? I regret buying a set of Mizuno MX900s.

Boy I hated those!

o boy, mine would be vokey wedges last year, bought a couple for dirt cheap and thats the only reason i bought them, hate em

I wish I had kept the driver my Dad let me have when I first started learning how to play. It was a Titleist 540XD if I remember correctly. When I bought my current Nickent I gave it back to him and he then gave it to my younger brother. I'll never see it again...

My only regret has been not getting my kids involved in the sport sooner. They are teenagers now and they love the game.

I regret not starting earlier, waited till almost 30! My club regret is selling my mizuno F-50 3wd with exsar stiff shaft. I can't tell you how many par 5's I hit in two with that thing. That club was money for me and I'm still trying to find a replacement.

Came back to golf this year and decided to do it with a vengeance. I've been fortunate, so I decided to fill a bag with new gear and take some lessons.....I kinda did that in the wrong order, and bought an SGI iron/hybrid combo set that I just HATE, having now taken some lessons and straightened out a few bad habits. No point in naming the clubs, it's not their fault and I know that others are satisfied with them (no, not that one. Nope, keep guessing :D ). Still at the moment have the hybrids in the bag but that's very temporary, and the irons are in a corner of the garage hiding from mrs...and she hasn't yet recognized the new brand of irons in the bag SHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I was offered diddly squat on trade in and am probably too lazy to craigslist/kijiijii them. I said I've been fortunate, but by no means am I made of money and I regret my impetuous decision. Also bought 2 putters this year, a Boccieri heavy that I love, but I didn't stroke it that well my first couple of rounds out so I bought a Nike Ignite on sale, that I was lights out with in the store. Turns out I don't stroke it so well on the course either, so back to the Bocci we go as it is dead money from 6-8' or so, just tougher to lag.

After playing for a many years off and on, then two years regularly, handicap on the verge of taking a serious dip ... I let the rising prices and my perception of "better things" to do with my time take over. A few years away from the game and I realize how much of golf was a relief for my high stress (and well paying) job. A few years later, I forced myself to leave that job because of how unhappy I was. I might have still ended up unhappy, but with golf, I probably would have seen it coming.

Bought an Odyssey putter last fall and played atleast 10 rounds with it and then in April I bought another putter but a mallet and won't ever switch from this thing, two rounds now I've had 77s so no regret there :D

Well I'm on my 4th set of irons this year.....so I guess I regret not stumping up the cash in the 1st place for a professionally fitted set

Well that one just pops right off for me. I traded in a set of 845's for a set of Ram something or others. Worst set of sticks I've ever played for 12 holes. By the 13th I walked off and drove back to the store to trade back. He had already sold my 845's. That one hurt.

Well that one just pops right off for me. I traded in a set of 845's for a set of Ram something or others. Worst set of sticks I've ever played for 12 holes. By the 13th I walked off and drove back to the store to trade back. He had already sold my 845's. That one hurt.

Ouch!

I feel your pain man.

I'm also with all those who regret not starting earlier - for me football (with a round ball...) got in the way along with athletics. My uncle always wanted me to go for a round with him when I was a kid but I never did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I recently sold my TM Burner Superfast - more in a whim than any actual reason. Silly waste if money - both on the loss and the $$ I spent on it's replacement.

Being talked out of irons that I wanted and hit well for irons that are "easier" to use. I not saying what I ended up with is bad or wrong, but not that inspiring iron set that I had my heart on.

Not doing more research on what to look for in a teaching pro. I've gone through three now and still have the same issues

wish I had never sold my 07 burner driver, that thing was long and straight....I havent been the same since lol

Being talked out of irons that I wanted and hit well for irons that are "easier" to use. I not saying what I ended up with is bad or wrong, but not that inspiring iron set that I had my heart on.
I hear ya man!

That happened to me when I went from my FTX to MX900 *shudder*

I'm sure I won't regret the Pings I've ordered!!

Not taking this game up properly when I was a kid, when I started showing an aptitude for it (starting 30 years later instead).

Not going to an Open Championship where Seve was playing...

Never had the same feeling or distance with my irons since i sold my R7's.

Like most, getting into the game so late and even then only playing in corporate scrambles a couple of times a year. Club regret was seiing a Ping G2, for a newer Taylormade Burner for no other reason than i had the G@ for a few years. Could nut that club 270 without thinking about it. Have been through a couple of TM drivers since, and just got the 2.0 superfast, but still struggle off the tee.

My regret is not starting to play until I was 21. Baseball, football, tennis, surfing, and skateboarding everyday but never golf. Gets me so pissed off.

I didnt start playing until I was 19 so I know how you feel. Its only been 2 years and I wonder how good I would have been if my dad would have made me play from a young age.

Waiting to take lessons, buying my Ping G15 3 wood without hitting demo clubs at range/during a round.

Back