Regripping stations?

Sorry not the best pics but here’s the regripping station. I like how it just mounts in a normal vise. There are holes in the mount if you want to attach it to the bench but the vise was plenty. I put my son‘s club in it for show. The clamp is solid and the basin has a drain hole with a tube at one end. Totally glad I bought it. Think it’s a little $$$ for what it is but I already have two neighbors asking to get clubs regripped. Also everything is easy to pull apart for storage Which is also nice.
For future reference, after you attach your pictures, click this before hitting reply and they will appear in line.

Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 1.31.05 PM copy.png

Speed clamp and the corner of a bench for me. Or my truck tailgate if it's last minute before a round. Lol

As a contractor I like (and have way too many) tools, but unless I did it all day or something, I've never understood the need for a dedicated setyp. I've done hundreds and hundreds, but for how simply and clean it can be done, I can't see myself ever having a station. I don't like to bathe them anyway. It's a smelly mess. I spray.

Speed clamp and the corner of a bench for me. Or my truck tailgate if it's last minute before a round. Lol

As a contractor I like (and have way too many) tools, but unless I did it all day or something, I've never understood the need for a dedicated setyp. I've done hundreds and hundreds, but for how simply and clean it can be done, I can't see myself ever having a station. I don't like to bathe them anyway. It's a smelly mess. I spray.
I'm in the same boat, but a diesel technician by trade. I haven't bought a speed clamp yet, I just use a soft clamp in my bench vice. I just started spraying on the last set of grips I put on, and ya, I'm sold on it now.

But for James, I can see how a gripping station makes sense. If I didn't have the resources I currently have and do the same amount of club work he did for himself, and his teams, I'd have an entire workshop setup at the house.

I'm in the same boat, but a diesel technician by trade. I haven't bought a speed clamp yet, I just use a soft clamp in my bench vice. I just started spraying on the last set of grips I put on, and ya, I'm sold on it now.

But for James, I can see how a gripping station makes sense. If I didn't have the resources I currently have and do the same amount of club work he did for himself, and his teams, I'd have an entire workshop setup at the house.
Oh, you LOVE smelly things then! Lol My wife works around diesel and basically has her own washing machine for her stuff. :LOL:

And I didn't mean a speed clamp like it looks like someone posted. Quick clamp/speed clamp, whatever. Portable. Quick and dirty and out of the way. I kind of have a thing about permanent clamps/vises. They're always in my way. Even my heavy duty ones aren't permanently mounted. Same kind of thing with the station. I'd have to use it constantly for it not to annoy me.

I always said the same, and did the same, until I got a station. Worth every single cent.

I always said the same, and did the same, until I got a station. Worth every single cent.
I believe it. I've used them a bunch, but I started thinking about my response after I wrote it and I be think it's a real estate thing for me. Like I said I have too many tools already, the kind that earn money, and have to store and have access to them and space to work on things. Permanent spaces are at a premium when wife suddenly decides she wants new countertops and the shop is full and I want to do it at home anyway. Non essentials and things that aren't multipurpose are just in the way. If I didn't do what I do I would probably have a dedicated club area with a station.

What does this mean?

Well finally got to use this today. Over very happy with the product. I don’t have a roll of tape yet and had some strips still left to use so the tape mount was not attached. Did my sons new irons today. Best part is no mess on the garage floor and the leftover solvent went right back in the larger bottle so no mess. Ordered tape roll today so can’t wait to use with a roll installed. Also it breaks down very easily for storage. 2A331BA3-E8E5-403F-BABD-1B26639584A0.jpegC3490BF8-C2E7-46F9-843A-726F58D68187.jpeg

I just use a vise at the corner of a workbench with rubber shaft clamp thingamajig to protect/secure shafts. I have a plastic paint roller tray on the floor below to catch excess solvent.

I also have a Golfworks shaft puller vise for over a year now, but it's never been out the box beyond 1st inspection.

I bought a Worx Pegasus portable workbench and a small screw on vice. That way everything can be moved out of the way. Then the typical sleeve/clamp to hold the shaft in the vice and a painter’s tray.

Did my whole set the other day in a flash. This was well worth the money, and I wish for as much as I regrip that I’d spent the cash years ago on a full station.

Back