Ricky Barnes Signs TaylorMade Deal

I know he played the Smooth for one tourney (according to DS), but I did not think he ever played the FYbrids. I know he had the head covers, but I didnt think he played them. Could be wrong though.

He definitely used the FYbrid 5 wood during the Wins at the British open in 2008. I believe he also used the Smooth Driver that same year. http://www.life.com/image/82017030

yes the 5 wood he did use. I thought you were speaking of the hybrids. We spoke to him at Doral and asked him about them and he was not using them.

yes the 5 wood he did use. I thought you were speaking of the hybrids. We spoke to him at Doral and asked him about them and he was not using them.

You're right about that. Never seen him use the hybrids.

You're right about that. Never seen him use the hybrids.

Just recently he was playing the Wilson 5 wood fybrid and a 21* hybrid/fybrid, the hybrid seems to come and go, maybe chooses by the course being played.

Just recently he was playing the Wilson 5 wood fybrid and a 21* hybrid/fybrid, the hybrid seems to come and go, maybe chooses by the course being played.

Don,
Do you know which tournament? Im looking at the PGA Tour tourneys in the Darrell Survey and they dont list him with any hybrid FYbrids all year last year unless I am missing one.

I think he will be a good fit for TM. He is kinda the image of the young, cool up and comer, and TM is kinda the mad scientist of the Major OEM world. Good Synergy.

The real question here as well, is that with the staff bag, hat, etc... will anybody in the world realize that he signed a deal with TM?

If TM is smart, they will advertise him heavily. Ricky is just cool right now. Companies need to start appealing to the younger generation, the teens, and people like Rory, Ricky, and DJ seem like the best way to pursue that route.

The real question here as well, is that with the staff bag, hat, etc... will anybody in the world realize that he signed a deal with TM?

Don,
Do you know which tournament? Im looking at the PGA Tour tourneys in the Darrell Survey and they dont list him with any hybrid FYbrids all year last year unless I am missing one.

I was going by pics posted of his bag on another forum, I'm a Padraig fan so I check his bag pics out often and can't name a specific tourney. Maybe he never took it on course with him as his bag is definitely overloaded at the practice range where the pics are generally taken, generally two full sets of wedges and extra irons/hybrids so he has to pull a few clubs out before first tee.

i think RB signing with TM is a good move. I think RB is a great golfer and a very nice guy. I had a chance to meet him at he Barclays tourney this past sept in NJ. I hope this works well for him, especially since he is with my 2 favorite companies Oakley and TM.

Back