Rory McIlroy Splits From Chubby Chandler

Besides, it was Rory making Chubby rich not Chubby making Rory rich.

Without knowing all the ins and outs of the deals, I think you might be selling Mr Chandler way short on this point.

I'd vote for Rory to stay in Europe. Although this might point to him playing more in the states. There is nothing I enjoy about Rory McIlroy.

His golf game's not too bad. I do thoroughly enjoy watching that.

oddly enough, I agree. I don't find myself wanting to stick by the tv waiting to see what Rory will do next during a tournament

I'd vote for Rory to stay in Europe. Although this might point to him playing more in the states. There is nothing I enjoy about Rory McIlroy.

He even said himself recently that the US schedule and courses suit him way better. I'd say he struggles to compete in Europe, but even with that, he's still 2nd on the money list. He just doesn't seem to enjoy the adverse conditions, and throws the towel in too early when faced with them.

yeah there was a lot said about this after the open and funnily enough they brought it back up during the 2nd rnd of the grand slam of golf.he struggle din the windy conditions and played some poor shots,at this point the commentators started talking about it.

i must admit i love to watch rory play and i'm keen to see how he does in each and every comp he is playing in.his swing is great to watch and he hits it for miles for such a small guy.and his iron play,long irons are top notch!!!!

before the split with chubby it was common knowledge that he was going to play across in the states next year or atleast that's what i heard from somewhere.i'll be honest if i were a tour pro and doing ok,i'd want to play across there aswell.

Rory MclIroy already announced he was playing full time on the PGA tour in 2012. It has been 4 months since that was news. So speculating that he might is strange.
Only a few touch on the obvious reason. Outside of endorsements, Chandler has given some bad advice to his players this year all so he can further his personal agenda of advancing the European Tour. It is an egregious breach of trust and professional standards with his clients. A few have started to notice and disagree with Chubby's larger aims and they are leaving. He convinced McIlroy not to play in an event(TPC) that is a hair short of being a major so he could advance his theory that the PGA Europe should be considered the fifth most important tournament. The TPC is a tourney that gives a player cred toward the HOF and he convinced McIlroy to sit out in a quasi, passive-aggressive attempt at a boycott. Good for McIlroy to wake up and realize that if his agent had his interest in mind and listened to his desires, he would know that missing an event of the stature of the TPC is not something that McIlroy wants to do AND he wants to play on the pGA tour because it is still clearly the deepest most important tour. All McIlroy had to do was look to his right at Westy in the burnt orange velvet jump suit and ask, "Is that me in fifteen years?". Sure Westwood has had a great career but McIlroy has his eyes set a little higher.

Wow. Really not sure how you jumped to that one.

Wonder if Rory did look at the guy who has been in the number 1 and 2 positions in the world and wonder 'is that me in 15 years?'

Wow. Really not sure how you jumped to that one.

Wonder if Rory did look at the guy who has been in the number 1 and 2 positions in the world and wonder 'is that me in 15 years?'
Well he was #1, but look how long it took him to get there and how long he was there for. He, Westwood, hasn't won a major and is not really popular with the American fans. I bet that's what Rory wants: majors and popularity (which he already has more of then Lee), and probably wants to be #1 for longer than it takes one of his drives to land.

From reading the article indicated early in this thread.
ISM and Chubby have/had big money problems.

Chubby just settled his divorce.

ISM gets 20% of the players income. Maybe even more like lawyers do if you are in court.

New investors just bought 75% of ISM. This to pay a large loan, and to buy out one of chubby's partner. Leaving a max of 25% for chubby and maybe some other owners.

Chubby doesn't control the company if the new investors own 75%.

Rory has access to insider info on what management companies do for and charge top tennis players. I read or heard somewhere that Rory gave Chubby a list of demands/complaints which were not answered.

I am not surprised that Rory left a company that is no longer run by Chubby like it once was. ISM probably has a new majority owner and who knows what ISM will do until the dust settles. Let alone a company probably in financial trouble.

Rory MclIroy already announced he was playing full time on the PGA tour in 2012. It has been 4 months since that was news. So speculating that he might is strange.
Only a few touch on the obvious reason. Outside of endorsements, Chandler has given some bad advice to his players this year all so he can further his personal agenda of advancing the European Tour. It is an egregious breach of trust and professional standards with his clients. A few have started to notice and disagree with Chubby's larger aims and they are leaving. He convinced McIlroy not to play in an event(TPC) that is a hair short of being a major so he could advance his theory that the PGA Europe should be considered the fifth most important tournament. The TPC is a tourney that gives a player cred toward the HOF and he convinced McIlroy to sit out in a quasi, passive-aggressive attempt at a boycott. Good for McIlroy to wake up and realize that if his agent had his interest in mind and listened to his desires, he would know that missing an event of the stature of the TPC is not something that McIlroy wants to do AND he wants to play on the pGA tour because it is still clearly the deepest most important tour. All McIlroy had to do was look to his right at Westy in the burnt orange velvet jump suit and ask, "Is that me in fifteen years?". Sure Westwood has had a great career but McIlroy has his eyes set a little higher.

Well, I agree with your first paragraph...

i have i heard right that rory is going with nike?or is that complete nonsense,i'm not sure where i seen that.

Back