Round 2 - 2013 Morgan Cup Coverage

Yeah it was. We shot par on the back in AS and lost on the last hole! What a memorable day.

TTing

I still can't get over how well we all played that back 9. Bananas

I wasnt a big fan of the format before we played it but I have to say that playing with Cookie was a blast and we definitely had a memorable golf round with Thainer and WCBM. Came down to the last hole and there were definitely some clutch shots made in the last 4-5 holes from each of us. This may have been my most memorable round from this year.

Was absolutely one of mine sir

On just about every hole if one of us hit a shot that put our team in a tough position our partner came back with a clutch shot. I specifically remember 17 I thought it hit a great shot right at the flag and it ended up being long and clear back on the back fringe. We had to go up over a ridge and the hole was on the downslope clear on the front of the green and Cookie made a nice putt that got me within range to make the comeback. He bailed me out on that one. All 4 of us really grinded it out in that match and made the shots that counted.

On just about every hole if one of us hit a shot that put our team in a tough position our partner came back with a clutch shot. I specifically remember 17 I thought it hit a great shot right at the flag and it ended up being long and clear back on the back fringe. We had to go up over a ridge and the hole was on the downslope clear on the front of the green and Cookie made a nice putt that got me within range to make the comeback. He bailed me out on that one. All 4 of us really grinded it out in that match and made the shots that counted.

That was what was so crazy about how we all played. We literally were going shot for shot and putt for putt. With the Gallery in full effect of course - which was amazing again.

If I come down for a volunteer this year I will have to bring the family again just so they can go out on the course and root people on.

If I come down for a volunteer this year I will have to bring the family again just so they can go out on the course and root people on.

Or just me :angel:

That was brilliant man. One of the coolest parts of the whole experience.

I loved alt shot with Jeff against Henri and Mike!

I made one of my top 10 shots of the year during that round :D a short pitch, 55 yards, just inches from the hole...almost caught on camera!

Pace of play was also better. I would think that it would come back in 2014 given that 40 players will be in the event instead of 32.

I really hope it comes back

I made one of my top 10 shots of the year during that round :D a short pitch, 55 yards, just inches from the hole...almost caught on camera!

Those were two amazing shots you hit on 8 & 9!

Must have been a great job by your partner of putting you in your comfort zone lol

Still have mixed feelings on the format but I have a ton of great memories on this round. Tim and I fought our ars off!

That you did. Definitely scared the crap out of Freddie and I! I really do wish that match went the distance. For as much effort as you guys put into coming all the way back and taking the lead, you deserved 1/2 a point.

We did fight hard but it seemed like after we fought all the way back and got the lead we just didn't have any gas left in the tank for those last couple of holes.

I remember watching that shot. My second memory card filled up right before you hit that shot and I was driving towards Morgan for a spare.

Back