Sam Bennett is a problem

blugold

Autobots, ROLL OUT!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This should have been addressed years ago. This is a problem

I hope Augusta National Golf Course puts him on the clock on the first tee.

Yeah, it was absolutely brutal to watch

You sure he's not OCD? :oops:

Well, he also hits the ball far less times than most..... so there is that to consider.

Yeah, it was absolutely brutal to watch
So, let me ask you, as a coach, if you see one of your golfers doing that, do you try to change that? If he was clearly the best golfer at ever tournament, would that affect your decision?

Well, he also hits the ball far less times than most..... so there is that to consider.
That won't be the case when he is playing in the majors next year. That qualifier goes out the window once he gets into tour events.

I play with a guy who is kinda like this... I hate it. It's so bad I don't really want to play with him anymore, and I've known the guy for over 20 years.

Any other group I play with, we keep a 2 hour pace on 9... with him it's always 2:45 or 3 because of all the unnecessary waggles and practice swings.

So, let me ask you, as a coach, if you see one of your golfers doing that, do you try to change that? If he was clearly the best golfer at ever tournament, would that affect your decision?
Slow golf is slow golf. You can be deliberate, that is beyond deliberate. He was double over the ball from what I want my kids to be at max.

He certainly has "Happy Feet"

I had to turn away while watching on TV. Can’t imagine being Carr and having to deal with that for 35 holes. Brutal.

That won't be the case when he is playing in the majors next year. That qualifier goes out the window once he gets into tour events.

Well, when he gets in tour events, he'll likely have even more time! :ROFLMAO:

FFS - hit the damn ball

I watched 1 hole of his finals match Sunday and had to change channels

Last edited:
Not less than the people he is playing against.

Long term he is going to have to fix that.

Did they time his overall process and play time? Was he penalized or put on the clock?

I get that it isn't fun to watch and certainly not something I like to see, but....in the grand scheme of a full round....is his time any different from the guys that take less time over the ball but perhaps waste time in other ways?

Did they time his overall process and play time? Was he penalized or put on the clock?

I get that it isn't fun to watch and certainly not something I like to see, but....in the grand scheme of a full round....is his time any different from the guys that take less time over the ball but perhaps waste time in other ways?
When you're supposed to take 40 seconds, when you are first to hit, and 23 of those seconds is spent over the ball, that doesn't leave a lot of time for everything else.

When you're supposed to take 40 seconds, when you are first to hit, and 23 of those seconds is spent over the ball, that doesn't leave a lot of time for everything else.

Hey, maybe he walks quickly to his ball.... doesn't that time factor?

It's all a problem. Because one guy that stands over the ball for 30 seconds waggling is a problem.

Add in guys like Spieth talking with his caddy for 2 minutes about how to definitely play the wrong bunker shot, and we get 6 hour rounds on TV.

Back