SeeMore Putter Forum Testing Review Thread

So you use a different length putter when not using the SeeMore and your posture and mechanics are still the same?

I think the fundamentals of the new stroke would stay the same regardless of the putter length, SeeMore just believes in a slightly longer shaft to aid you in being a bit more upright.

Isn't posture part of the fundamentals that put you in the same position every time?

Isn't posture part of the fundamentals that put you in the same position every time?

Yes, it is. Have you seen the videos that I linked in here from Pat O'Brien? SeeMore shared them with us when we started the testing and they have been extremely helpful.

So you use a different length putter when not using the SeeMore and your posture and mechanics are still the same?

My Si4 plays to 34 1/2 as does my Yes!, so they're both the same length. I use the same mechanics with both, by RST I just mean the red dot on the putter, not the Pat O'Brien's putting method.

I've watched the videos and know what the RST is but if people were using a longer SeeMore, which is what I got fitted for, and they switched to another putter wouldn't it have to be the same length to keep line of sight, posture, and the same natural arc? It just seems to me that if the putters weren't the same length then the setup and stroke wouldn't be the same. The RST is to make sure you're set up square to the target, not to tell you if you're in the correct posture. Sorry for all the questions about this, but I was fit for a putter by SeeMore that's 36.5" and I currently play a 34" so I'm just trying to understand what I'll need if a putter change happens now or in the future.

I've watched the videos and know what the RST is but if people were using a longer SeeMore, which is what I got fitted for, and they switched to another putter wouldn't it have to be the same length to keep line of sight, posture, and the same natural arc? It just seems to me that if the putters weren't the same length then the setup and stroke wouldn't be the same. The RST is to make sure you're set up square to the target, not to tell you if you're in the correct posture. Sorry for all the questions about this, but I was fit for a putter by SeeMore that's 36.5" and I currently play a 34" so I'm just trying to understand what I'll need if a putter change happens now or in the future.

RST is less about the stroke and more about the setup. Therefore if your stroke changes (and mine did completely in the last 2 years), it would not matter. The red dot is still hidden if your alignment and setup is accurate.

No problem on the questions. Plain and simple, I think you would need the same putter length to maintain the upright posture that SeeMore encourages. With a 2.5 inch difference it is impossible that your posture/arm hang, etc would remain the same.

Sure it is, but do you feel that 1 1/2" of shaft length will through you off so much you can't use the fundaments you learned here, lol. Yes, it's important to keep with the setup as much as possible and if I were to go buy something new I would certainly have it match those lengths, but I'm not going to change all my other six putters.

No problem on the questions. Plain and simple, I think you would need the same putter length to maintain the upright posture that SeeMore encourages. With a 2.5 inch difference it is impossible that your posture/arm hang, etc would remain the same.

This is what I think also. I currently stand with my eyes directly over the ball and pretty hunched over. This thread got me wanting to a SeeMore with their technique which makes a lot of sense to me.

This is what I think also. I currently stand with my eyes directly over the ball and pretty hunched over. This thread got me wanting to a SeeMore with their technique which makes a lot of sense to me.

Are you thinking of using the SeeMore as a training aid for posture, alignment, etc and then reverting back to another putter? I know people do that (JB is a perfect example) but I think you may find that their putter offering is very dynamic. They really do have a style for every type of putter (to meet your eye) IMO and I would not be surprised if you just continued gaming it.....as I have said several times I have no desire to use anything except for a SeeMore. Call me brainwashed but I like the confidence it has instilled in my putting ability and am afraid that without the RST I could find myself doubting if I am square, etc. Only thing I would consider changing at this point is going to a heavier head.

Are you thinking of using the SeeMore as a training aid for posture, alignment, etc and then reverting back to another putter? I know people do that (JB is a perfect example) but I think you may find that their putter offering is very dynamic. They really do have a style for every type of putter (to meet your eye) IMO and I would not be surprised if you just continued gaming it.....as I have said several times I have no desire to use anything except for a SeeMore. Call me brainwashed but I like the confidence it has instilled in my putting ability and am afraid that without the RST I could find myself doubting if I am square, etc. Only thing I would consider changing at this point is going to a heavier head.

Actually for me it is more about a fail safe than a training aid. Being that we are constantly testing other putters, I often find myself with something else in the bag. But when push comes to shove, I always end up back to my M2. RST is like crack to me and helps me make more putts.

Actually for me it is more about a fail safe than a training aid. Being that we are constantly testing other putters, I often find myself with something else in the bag. But when push comes to shove, I always end up back to my M2. RST is like crack to me and helps me make more putts.

Gotcha - I knew you had spoken about it before. Training aid was a poor choice of words - sorry about that! JWOW needing a training aid, c'mon now! :D

Sooner, if this helps, I don't use all of Pat's method, for example I am more hunched and my grip is nothing close to what's recommended, however like JB mentionned the RST is about consistency and knowing that your setup is consistent everytime. Different strokes for different folks, but with seemore ball position, hand position, shaft lean and sightlines are always the same.

I'm wanting to get a SeeMore as my #1 putter and not just a training aid or fail safe. I was just curious if or when I changed putters again if I would use the same 36.5" putter as I think I would keeping the same setup and stroke. JB do you use the same length putter as your SeeMore when you switch to test putters?

I have never had a putter as long as my SeeMore Si3. It is 1.5" longer than my last 3 putters. This allows me to stand a bit taller and release the putter a bit better. It really isn't as noticable as you might think. I thought it would be a huge adjustment to the length, but it wasn't too bad. I haven't switched back yet, so I'm not sure about that, but the 1.5" isn't as dramatic a difference as I thought it would be.

I also have a slightly modified grip (a hybrid between my old grip and SeeMore's suggestions), but have adopted nearly all of the other SeeMore techniques. My putting numbers have improved and I have cut 1.8 strokes off my average since switching (5+ months). The RST guarantees you are aligned correctly, and like others have said, it is really tough to go away from after you use it.

I'm wanting to get a SeeMore as my #1 putter and not just a training aid or fail safe. I was just curious if or when I changed putters again if I would use the same 36.5" putter as I think I would keeping the same setup and stroke. JB do you use the same length putter as your SeeMore when you switch to test putters?

I try to, but it does not always work that way. My trusty M2 is 34", but many of our test putters are 35".

For my birthday today, I was given a lot of giftcards to GolfTown, and I'm going back and forth between getting a Seemore putter, or a Laser range finder. I really do want a seemore, but I need another putter like I need another wife.

For my birthday today, I was given a lot of giftcards to GolfTown, and I'm going back and forth between getting a Seemore putter, or a Laser range finder. I really do want a seemore, but I need another putter like I need another wife.

Do it! Only thing is I'd recommended talking to Ted first, I wonder if Golftown could order them custom? Because the duties tack on about 40$ to the price and GT would avoid that. Not sure what style you like but the lefty DB4 (milled anser) is unreal.

CB, I think you should OEM it.

Do it! Only thing is I'd recommended talking to Ted first, I wonder if Golftown could order them custom? Because the duties tack on about 40$ to the price and GT would avoid that. Not sure what style you like but the lefty DB4 (milled anser) is unreal.

CB, I think you should OEM it.

You guys are a bad influence on me.

I'm telling you that I am immediately at ease with my ball position, stance, and alignment with the Seemore I'm testing. It really takes so much guesswork out of the equation.

I'm telling you that I am immediately at ease with my ball position, stance, and alignment with the Seemore I'm testing. It really takes so much guesswork out of the equation.

Hawk did you get fit for a longer SeeMore putter than you normally play?

I have to stop going to Golf Galaxy and Golfsmith. I had was trying out a bunch of new putters today, including belly putters. Once I got ahold of the SeeMore's I fell in love. The alignment was really awesome. Everything rolled really nice. I just had to do it...
621a0ab3-b0ef-7d5e.jpg

Sorry I missed this. I've spoken with Ted before and he recommended a 35 inch putter for me. I've always played either that or a 34 inch. I'm very comfortable with 35 inches.

Hawk did you get fit for a longer SeeMore putter than you normally play?

Back