Shirt under polo?

JF

Reaction score
I've always been one to wear a t-shirt under my polo on the course. Whenever I put one on without a shirt under it I just go put one on five minutes after getting dressed because it doesn't feel right. What are your thoughts on this? Do you wear a shirt under your polo on the course?

No I don't. I figure I would die during the summer. It's called performance material for a reason, no way I'd wear a shirt underneath it.

I don't wear a t shirt underneath ever. During the winter, I might wear some Cold Gear underneath.

Not a tshirt, cotton undershirts defeat the purpose of wearing a tech shirt. I wear a wicking sleeveless shirt under my polo.

--
Tapatalk2

I usually wear a sleeveless Nike Pro- Combat shirt underneath. Suits the purpose, is the same material as most of my polos, and soaks up the sweat, keeping me cool, comfortable, and without the sweat stains.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

I usually wear a sleeveless Nike Pro- Combat shirt underneath. Suits the purpose, is the same material as most of my polos, and soaks up the sweat, keeping me cool, comfortable, and without the sweat stains.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

This. Except mine have short sleeves. I'm one that HAS to have something on underneath it, heck I even do that with my t-shirts, always have.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

This. Except mine have short sleeves. I'm one that HAS to have something on underneath it, heck I even do that with my t-shirts, always have.

How do those feel under your polo? I thought about them instead of a compression shirt like I wear now.

--
Tapatalk2

How do those feel under your polo? I thought about them instead of a compression shirt like I wear now.

--
Tapatalk2

I don't even notice its there. I don't want to rock the Bubba Button Up Look or the Charl Schwartzel Let It All Hang Out Look, so this gives me the best compromise, while soaking up the majority of the sweat, which keeps my skin cool. It's still light and being sleeveless, there is no range of motion issues or anything. I have wore t-shirts under every shirt for years. I won't wear cotton in the course, so these have been the best compromise.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Always. My skinny white self needs a t-shirt. I like to wear nike dri fit.

--
Tapatalk2

I like it alot, comfy to me. I do still bust out the pro combat compression shirts too some though, just depends on which I grab really.

Thanks J & J I'll grab one next time I see em and give it a shot.

--
Tapatalk2

I can completely identify with the weird feeling when you don't have on an undershirt. I do wear one under my polos for work. But I also wear jeans and my shirts untucked at work. Since I'm in air conditioning, fabric performance is not an issue.

On the course where sweat is an issue and the material needs to do its job, no undershirt. Cotton completely counteracts the wicking factor.

To me it kind of defeats the purpose of the tech shirt (which have come a long way in the last 10 years or so), especially if it is hot out. Even if it 'tech' undershirt, it's still an extra layer and an extra shirt to buy then an extra piece to wash over and over. In the wintertime the theme is to dress in layers, in the heat, I want as few layers (only 1) as I can.

In the cooler weather, I always wear an undershirt no matter what I'm doing. In the summertime I don't even pull them out of the drawer.

Here in TX I don't wear a T-shirt, too darn hot and defeats the purpose. When I lived in WI however I almost always wore a T-shirt.

Cotton = hot

I can understand a compression t-shirt or something, but no cotton for me, defeats the purpose of the performance material. Might as well wear a cotton polo.

I agree with the ones who don't think a shirt underneath the new hi-tech polo's is needed and to me it would not be comfortable.

when golfing it is always a performance polo and ZERO chance of an undershirt

For non-golf then "Yes" because it is usually a cotton polo.
For golf I usually wear something moisture wick so "No" unless for some reason that polo has a logo that isn't comfy. At that point I wear a light moisture wick t-shirt.

Never, unless it's cool out.

I always wear a white cotton shirt under my golf shirt to work. I have my reasons but it does suck in the summer when you go outside. Sometimes I shed it while driving home to cool off. But never while golfing unless it's cold.

Shoot. My two MW polos I wore the last two days so I'm washing them. Saturday I will force myself to go without an undershirt. Tomorrow it's gonna be cotton w/ and undershirt.

I do sometimes and if I do, it's usually an Under Armour compression shirt.

i wear a t shirt under my polo when i'm not sure if i'll be warm enough.. usually i just pull it off before the first tee tho, once i'm warmed up..

Never. On the course or not.....

Back