Shooting at a military recruitment center in Chattanooga

SCme

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
News is still trickling in but was an active shooting situation at a recruitment center, 4 Marines and a Chattanooga officer were hit. News is now reporting suspected shooter had died. Whole city was on lockdown for a few hours. Crazy situation for sure

News is still trickling in but was an active shooting situation at a recruitment center, 4 Marines and a Chattanooga officer were hit. News is now reporting suspected shooter had died. Whole city was on lockdown for a few hours. Crazy situation for sure

There were a lot of reports that there were additional shootings in Athens at a another recruitment center and here in Cleveland at the mall as well, but both of those have since been proven false. The lockdowns up here are being released slowly. Horrible situation for sure.

sad situation. hope the Marines and the officer are ok.

Sad...I'd love to go one day without something like this happening

Sounds now like 4 Marines dead...just brutal news, I hate this crap so much.

Last edited:
4 Marines are dead. So is the shooter. Semper Fi, brothers. I am so angry right now I can barely see.

4 Marines are dead. So is the shooter. Semper Fi, brothers. I am so angry right now I can barely see.

Oh no, I had not seen the report on any fatalities other than the shooter. Another sad day in America. Thoughts and prayers to the families and friends.

What
is wrong with this world.

Thoughts and prayers to the families of the victims.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Being called domestic terrorism

Shooting at a military recruitment center in Chattanooga

Can't wait to see pictures of him holding Disney movies so we can ban those .

Terrible tragedy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad that we have to go through this again as a country.

It should be.

I agree

I am just clarifying that it sounds like a targeted attack against US military as opposed to workplace violence.

Rest in Peace Marines. Thoughts and prayers to those wounded and the families of all of the victims.

I hope the shooter is now in whatever personal hell he believed in.

So more news. Single shooter, two different locations, the recruitment center and a training location. The training location is where the marines and shooter died.

Press conference said don't believe shooter was former employee, but U.S. attorney general said "don't get caught up in labels as its still an ongoing investigation."

Still a ton of questions by us locals

So more news. Single shooter, two different locations, the recruitment center and a training location. The training location is where the marines and shooter died.

Press conference said don't believe shooter was former employee, but U.S. attorney general said "don't get caught up in labels as its still an ongoing investigation."

Still a ton of questions by us locals

Sorry, I am going with labels. I am going to start with "Coward" and work my way from there.

Sorry, I am going with labels. I am going to start with "Coward" and work my way from there.
I have no problem with that label and many many more

Shooter named:

Muhammad Youseff Abdulazeez

So there you go. BTW, did you know that military personnel is not allowed to carry a firearm at a recruiting office?

Shooter named:

So there you go. BTW, did you know that military personnel is not allowed to carry a firearm at a recruiting office?
With that name I don't classify that as "domestic Terrorism"
thats a terrorist attack. I'm sure it will be Americas fault for treating that azzhat poorly and not bowing down to his Muslim way of thinking.

With that name I don't classify that as "domestic Terrorism"
thats a terrorist attack. I'm sure it will be Americas fault for treating that azzhat poorly and not bowing down to his Muslim way of thinking.

I think domestic just goes with it because it happened inside our borders.

It's a politician's way of making you think it's different than what goes on daily in the middle east.

The big problem is that it's likely to start occurring more and more here.

Prayers to those affected. What a shame on so many levels

So sad. I'm just happy that officials came right out and called it terrorism instead of dancing around the subject trying not to offend anyone. I hope the shooter rots in hell!

So sad. I'm just happy that officials came right out and called it terrorism instead of dancing around the subject trying not to offend anyone. I hope the shooter rots in hell!

Soon it will be changed to a "Wayward Marksman".

Soon it will be changed to a "Wayward Marksman".

It happened in a southern spot, which is why they didn't dance around it I think.

-ducks-

Coward, that will work. Though I had to keep changing my earlier post to remain nonvulgar.

Unfortunately, considering world events, incidents like this aren't too surprising.

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

Shooter named:

As a general rule, military servicemembers do not carry weapons while stateside in uniform. There's legal precedent, specifically the Posse Comitatus Act, prohibiting military in uniform from exercising "law & order" type activities on non-federal land. Further, most of us live & work on federal property (obviously recruiters are an exception) where concealed carry is illegal, and open carry is generally limited to specific circumstances (weapons immersion, field exercises, range days).

While there's a case to be made that a military service member has the requisite training and experience to carry a weapon while in uniform for self-defense, it would be a legal nightmare should he ever have to use it while in uniform, and probably a worse legal nightmare if it were a privately owned firearm that was used.

None of that is a comfort to the families of those affected by this and other shootings at recruiting stations, obviously. I feel awful that this sort of thing continues to happen, and I do wish that there was a middle ground. Perhaps this could have been discouraged had it not taken place at a location where everyone is prohibited from carrying (ie a gun-free zone), but that's a topic for another date and another forum.

Back