Shorts stained from rubbing on steering wheel

ShanksaloT

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
13 WHS
I can't be the only one who has had this happen to them. I wore a brand new light color pair of shorts today. As I was getting out of the car I rubbed up against the steering wheel of the cart and my divot tool / chapstick rubbed against the inside of my pocket causing a stain and it is very difficult to get out.

Anyone have a trick to easily get the stain out?
495e52b4f38929cf4b37fabf90e6add3.jpg

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I've used eucalyptus oil to get black rubber marks from shoes off a white cotton blanket.

Maybe try some baking soda. Sprinkle it on and rub it in and let it sit for hours before washing in warm water in washing machine. Do not put in dryer first time after you wash as you don’t want to “set” the stain.

If the baking sofa doesn’t work I would try one of the spray’n wash products plus rub in some liquid soap, let sit for an hour before putting in washing machine to re-wash.

Nope, always a problem. that and armrest will get you. you can keep a steering wheel cover in bag if you want to and it works perfectly

Stains on the front, no problem. Stains on the back...Ha

Those marks are as inevitable as white feet. Just comes with being a golfer.

Only success I've had is to spray SHOUT on both sides and work it in with a soft brush and let sit overnight. Or longer, wetting both sides again. Then, risking the material if it calls for cold water wash only, I'll wash it on Warm.

Fwiw, much better results with the spray vs. the stick for whatever reason.

This works great on my son's baseball pants. Wet the stain and rub this in. Let sit for few minutes and use a toothbrush on the area. Wash as normal.

Oxi Clean. Works awesome!

Why 90% of my shorts are black or dark grey.

Thanks for the tips all! I think the shout spray, let it sit, try To rub as much as you can out of the stain and then Re spray worked. So far. Waiting to see what they look like after a wash.

I used to have a steering wheel cover I'd keep in my bag and put on the cart to prevent these marks. However, I left it on a cart one time and I don't think the company is in business anymore.

I had a dry cleaner tell me once he thought he could get them out, but I just never bit the bullet and paid for it

Plain ol' Dawn dish soap has worked for me.

Hand sanitizer. We use peroxide on completely white fabric but it will remove print and ink.

Tide pen? I've always had good luck getting small stains out with it.

Tide pen? I've always had good luck getting small stains out with it.

Careful with tide Pens i think they show under black lights if you use them heavily. So if you wear those shorts to strip clubs it can be very embarrassing.

Not that this ever happened to me on a golf trip

Those marks are as inevitable as white feet. Just comes with being a golfer.
My wife asked me one time why all of my shorts had blackish gray marks on the front.

Shout stick, let it soak in for about 30 min, rubbed stain out, reapplied and the wash... No more marks!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Every time I see this thread I'm nevous to open it😜. Not too many actual thread titles that could go in the out of context thread.

Back to my adult self now...

My secret trick is....

Ask my wife.

If that doesn't work for you, then you should probably call your mom.

Or at least that's how it works for me.

~Rock

Back